Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, K.Syed88 said:

Thanks, You can call and set up an appointment or u can walk into the office also.

First you will have to sign "privacy release form" then discuss with the Senator ...that way senator will be authorized by u to discuss your case with embassy.

Did you do that ? And got the same response from the senator that everyone get ? 

Hi fellows.I have been in A.P from feb 2018 (IR-1) category in Islamabad embassy.last week my CEAC status changed from A.P to EXPIRED.it says your petition is cancelled until you persue.if you are still interested in obtaining an immigrant visa,petitioner should contact USCIS regarding filling new immigration petition.i am not computer friendly but as soon i figured out  i will post actual picture of CEAC window

8 hours ago, ali azher khan said:

Hi fellows.I have been in A.P from feb 2018 (IR-1) category in Islamabad embassy.last week my CEAC status changed from A.P to EXPIRED.it says your petition is cancelled until you persue.if you are still interested in obtaining an immigrant visa,petitioner should contact USCIS regarding filling new immigration petition.i am not computer friendly but as soon i figured out  i will post actual picture of CEAC window

Why were you put into AP? 

Did they ask for any documents?

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jam90 said:

Why were you put into AP? 

Did they ask for any documents?

8 hours ago, ali azher khan said:

normally if your case is not updated within 60 to 90 days, you should ask ceac about the missing or additional documents. This happens when the petitioner or applicant is not perusing the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Shakeel48 said:

Yes my wifes case last 50 days ap now refused

6 minutes ago, Umar - NVC ISB said:

Yes, mine got updated to Refused as well. 

17 minutes ago, Visa20177 said:

Hi everyone,  

My case was in AP since last 25 month's and now it's showing refused. I heard alot of ppl cases showing refused.  Can you guys check your case and let me know what's going on

Yes mine says refused as well. Even till todays afternoon it was administrative processing and date was feb 2020 but now it says refused and date is same feb 2020. How is it possible that they refused the case and didnt open it. What is the matter ? Did u guys get the updated date as well or not? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/7/2020 at 10:58 PM, Daughter/parents said:

Hi all,

so finally my parents get their visas after a very long time. Here is my story. I applied for my parents in mid of October 2017. Uscis approved my mom case in May 2018 and dad case in June 2018.  I uploaded their documents in October 2018, and they had an interview in January 2019.

At the time of interview the CO said everything is ok but they need new photos cuz my parents wear glasses in photos. She said just gave me photos and then you will receive your visas in 10/12 business days in Karachi. But after one week my dad received an email of ds 5335 form, which we sent the same day. After that they just updated their cases on Jan 28. I sent them several inquiries but no response. In July, I contacted my senator, she emailed them and got response that they can’t predict that how much time it will take to complete the administrative process, the same reply that everyone gets. Anyways after that my parents cases got started to update. And finally in the end of July they asked for updated medical and photos. My parents sent them both in the end of august. After that they got several updates in September and October. 
In November I again started to sent them email but the same reply I got. Their cases are in administrative process and we can’t predict. 

On January 17,2020, their case status changed to expiring soon, then I again emailed them on January 22, because their medical will be expired in February  and got reply that they escalated the case to embassy. Jan 29, They received an email and call for re oath and fingerprints on February 4th. And  same day they issued the visa 😊 alhamdulilah 

congrat... what you said in email.. and how did you send them an email.. my parents case been stuck in AP since June 2017 and still no update..

29 minutes ago, Visa20177 said:

Hi everyone,  

My case was in AP since last 25 month's and now it's showing refused. I heard alot of ppl cases showing refused.  Can you guys check your case and let me know what's going on

My parents case been in AP since June 2017 and still now update and now its showing refused.. not sure whats going on

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.