Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Hi! After 1 year of AP (family immigration case) since last interview and 3 submissions of medicals since the beginning, we got the call from embassy to take oath tomorrow on 14th feb. The tricky part is that our medicals are expiring on 20th feb. When embassy called to schedule a time for oath, they told us we will have to fly before 20th feb. Our interview/oath is tomorrow and im worried if embassy will be able to return our passports before 20th in order for us to fly (of course in case everything goes well and they issue us visa) my question is what questions should i ask the consular tomorrow to make sure they know how pertinent it is for us to fly by 20th.  anything we should be prepared for? can embassy stamp visa and give you passports right away during the interview day? 

my brother lives in usa on a F-1 student visa since he goes to college. He especially came to pakistan for the oath interview. We are worried that if embassy cancels his student visa to issue the new immigration visa and then they send us passports later than 20 th feb ( when our medicals expire), he will not be able to fly back.

1 hour ago, dera1234 said:

Hi! After 1 year of AP (family immigration case) since last interview and 3 submissions of medicals since the beginning, we got the call from embassy to take oath tomorrow on 14th feb. The tricky part is that our medicals are expiring on 20th feb. When embassy called to schedule a time for oath, they told us we will have to fly before 20th feb. Our interview/oath is tomorrow and im worried if embassy will be able to return our passports before 20th in order for us to fly (of course in case everything goes well and they issue us visa) my question is what questions should i ask the consular tomorrow to make sure they know how pertinent it is for us to fly by 20th.  anything we should be prepared for? can embassy stamp visa and give you passports right away during the interview day? 

my brother lives in usa on a F-1 student visa since he goes to college. He especially came to pakistan for the oath interview. We are worried that if embassy cancels his student visa to issue the new immigration visa and then they send us passports later than 20 th feb ( when our medicals expire), he will not be able to fly back.

What is your case type? When was your interview? Why were you placed on AP?

3 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

It is F3 family sponsorship case. Last interview was in December 2018. They put us in AP after we submitted DS5535 form information.

4 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys ! Im in Ap since oct 2019 they asked me to upload my husbands recent tax return which i did and at that moment it was of year 2018 but now i have my husbands new tax return of 2019. Do you guys think I should send it as well ? And if yes then how thru AEG courier service or what ? 

9 hours ago, Neemo said:

Guys ! Im in Ap since oct 2019 they asked me to upload my husbands recent tax return which i did and at that moment it was of year 2018 but now i have my husbands new tax return of 2019. Do you guys think I should send it as well ? And if yes then how thru AEG courier service or what ? 

Yeah, you may just wait to hear back from them first. Also, another question arise for me that I accompanied my wife to the interview and we were told to upload an additional document which we did on CEAC. Haven’t got too many updates or responses. If I didn’t go back since the interview can this be the reason why it may be taking long? To prove domicile ?

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

Yeah, you may just wait to hear back from them first. Also, another question arise for me that I accompanied my wife to the interview and we were told to upload an additional document which we did on CEAC. Haven’t got too many updates or responses. If I didn’t go back since the interview can this be the reason why it may be taking long? To prove domicile ?

You should go back thats what i would suggest. My husband was with me at the time of the interview and they asked us domicile as well . So he went back and since then we are waiting

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

Neemo, I think you should not submit anything more unless they ask for it.  This is my personal opinion

Problem is that we had a co sponser in 2018 tax return but Now my husband has enough amount in his 2019’s tax return To sponsor Me all alone. This can be the reasom of delay thats why we want to send it as well . Wht do u suggest? 

1 hour ago, Neemo said:

Problem is that we had a co sponser in 2018 tax return but Now my husband has enough amount in his 2019’s tax return To sponsor Me all alone. This can be the reasom of delay thats why we want to send it as well . Wht do u suggest? 

Should not submit until asked because they have one on file. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Neemo said:

Ok, don't submit anything unless they ask.  That's my opinion. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

Ok, don't submit anything unless they ask.  That's my opinion. 

Neemo, you received 221g in Oct 2019 for joint sponsor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.