Luyen

Incorrect Receipt Number - Online Interview Registration

18 posts in this topic

Folks I have an interesting situation.  We are trying to schedule an online appointment for the interview but are hitting a wall.  At a certain stage, the website is asking for a "receipt number".  We printed out a receipt, took it to BPI, paid the amount, returned and tried to type in the number, --nothing.  Two days later we are still getting the error "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"  From what I understand we should wait about 24 hours but it's been 48.  We clicked on the Provide Feedback button and the automated system tells us that they'll look into it in "1-2 business days"; it's saturday! Meaning it will be another 4 days before they respond.  Problem is the receipt expires in 4 days!  Since it's the weekend it feels like there isn't much we can do and I have a feeling there's a human error involved, such as, the receipt number is actually the passport number but the passport number was coped incorrectly.  What can we do at this point?  I feel like before anyone can get involved the receipt will already expire. Can we get an extension or something on the expiration date?  Thank you so much in advance!

I am curious, the expiration date, does that still apply if we already paid?  That is, after 4 days when the receipt expires, is our $265 gone?  Or is the paid-for receipt valid longer?  Hmm...

P.S.

Hank you're my hero! I've read multiple responses from you about this topic but most seem to have been resolved within 24 hours so I believe our case is a little different, hence this post.

Edited by Luyen

26 minutes ago, Luyen said:

Nope, it's a 9 digit number, and no zeros in it.

Anyway, I hope you can get it solved. Good luck to both of you....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Luyen said:

Folks I have an interesting situation.  We are trying to schedule an online appointment for the interview but are hitting a wall.  At a certain stage, the website is asking for a "receipt number".  We printed out a receipt, took it to BPI, paid the amount, returned and tried to type in the number, --nothing.  Two days later we are still getting the error "No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"  From what I understand we should wait about 24 hours but it's been 48.  We clicked on the Provide Feedback button and the automated system tells us that they'll look into it in "1-2 business days"; it's saturday! Meaning it will be another 4 days before they respond.  Problem is the receipt expires in 4 days!  Since it's the weekend it feels like there isn't much we can do and I have a feeling there's a human error involved, such as, the receipt number is actually the passport number but the passport number was coped incorrectly.  What can we do at this point?  I feel like before anyone can get involved the receipt will already expire. Can we get an extension or something on the expiration date?  Thank you so much in advance!

If you paid on a Friday (or afternoon Thursday) don't expect the payment to show up until Monday.    If that isn't the issue...    Some times BPI prints a different receipt number on the deposit receipt, look for that. 

The deposit slip validity only relates to making the payment to BPI, the visa payment is valid for one year.  Relax on this.  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luyen said:

As always Hank, you are a life saver :) I will keep an eye out on this and try again on Monday.  Gosh I wish they would accept PayPal :P Thank you for making me breathe a LOT easier.  Here I was panicking that in 4 days money goes bye bye. :D 

I have yet to find anyone that has paid their visa fee and then 4 HOURS later could book their interview :lol:   more like ... add 12-24 hours to the timeline and it should be fairly real (plus WEEKENDS don't count):

Paying with Paypal or a CC, wouldn't that be nice ...  (you reading my mind?)   ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank, thank you so much!  We tried Monday morning around 10am Philippines time and it was still showing as invalid, however around noon it went through :) Thank you so much for everything!  Now I have a tiny medical slec question but I'll appropriately create another thread for that.  Hank, again, you're the best! :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/21/2017 at 1:14 PM, Luyen said:

Have you schedule yet for the interview?

I haven’t been approve for I-129f, but was concerned about the next step. Did your fiancee waited for the letter that comes with the instructions for the interview?

Anyway goodluck!

Timeline
5 hours ago, reyjay said:

Have you schedule yet for the interview?

I haven’t been approve for I-129f, but was concerned about the next step. Did your fiancee waited for the letter that comes with the instructions for the interview?

Anyway goodluck!

Once your petition is approved at USCIS it is then forwarded to NVC to be assigned the MNL #  (case file #)  once you have that it is ROCK n ROLL time!1

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Everything for the visa process at USEM in Manila is online

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Once your petition is approved at USCIS it is then forwarded to NVC to be assigned the MNL #  (case file #)  once you have that it is ROCK n ROLL time!1

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

Everything for the visa process at USEM in Manila is online

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Thanks for the reply!😁😁

• 2 years later...

Hello, please help me regarding on my visa appointment, I reschedule/cancelled my visa interview 

Because I want to have an earlier visa interview so ido cancelled it.  And when I'm about to enter my receipt number " no valid record can be found " I already paid my visa fee and I'm pretty sure I enter the right number but then I really can't. Please help me on what to do

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nylamme said:

Hello, please help me regarding on my visa appointment, I reschedule/cancelled my visa interview 

Because I want to have an earlier visa interview so ido cancelled it.  And when I'm about to enter my receipt number " no valid record can be found " I already paid my visa fee and I'm pretty sure I enter the right number but then I really can't. Please help me on what to do

I am wonder why it would ask for your receipt number again when rescheduling.   How many times have you scheduled and cancelled?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

52 minutes ago, Nylamme said:

Just now.  Once only, because I want to have an early appointment. 

26 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I am wonder why it would ask for your receipt number again when rescheduling.   How many times have you scheduled and cancelled?

How did you do? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.