ItsOver

Evidence Photos

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Yes - always helpful with family members - if possible of course.  Not required, but always nice if you have them.  :thumbs:

I agree with this - it shows that you have met your future in-laws.

That's good to know. We have a lot of evidence, but not so many pictures of us together. We were conscientious of this during our last visit, but there aren't really any major landmarks in the pictures. I think we have one in front of the Space Needle, and one in front of a cathedral in Ulm....But some of me with his family and vice versa.

And I'm really sorry I hijacked your thread!!!! :oops:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just FYI, I got an RFE requesting more evidence of our relationship. In the RFE it stated that only film dated photographs were considered as secondary evidence. However, I have not ran into anyone else with this problem??? Just a heads up.

I think that question turns on what other kinds of evidence are there with the photos. If you have strong primary evidence, there's probably more wiggle room on the photos (I know I've seen plenty of people say they handwrote dates on their photos - not everyone has their camera set to print the dates on the photos - I don't - it ruins the pictures!)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Just FYI, I got an RFE requesting more evidence of our relationship. In the RFE it stated that only film dated photographs were considered as secondary evidence. However, I have not ran into anyone else with this problem??? Just a heads up.

I think that question turns on what other kinds of evidence are there with the photos. If you have strong primary evidence, there's probably more wiggle room on the photos (I know I've seen plenty of people say they handwrote dates on their photos - not everyone has their camera set to print the dates on the photos - I don't - it ruins the pictures!)

Yes, I agree. I sent 9 nine photos printed on two sheets of paper. I just wrote under each photo the date photo was taken, where it was taken, and who was in the photo. My primary evidence was strong, so maybe the photos did not need to be considered...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think it really matters. What we did was print 4 pictures per page. I wrote down date of picture in the back and where it was taken. Though I had all my pics date stamped with the camera. Ever since we decided to get married and we read through VJ re: Fiance Visa, I always had my date-stamp switched ON in my Digital Cam. Always made sure we took photos with recognizable backgrounds when we travelled, etc. I took pictures with K-1 visa evidence in mind :)

I have read that people sent from 4 to 50 pictures and both are no problem. Good Luck

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Filed: Timeline
I think we sent 5 pictures total. They were scanned on the computer and printed out 2, to a page. We didn't use photo paper, just regular paper. There were no problems, the interview is July 9th and my fiance can bring real photos with him there. Like someone else said you shouldn't believe everything you hear. Do what you feel is best for you.

I like that answer....thank you!

Just because we fell in love.

Edited by Bob n Dora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

On some of the "film" dates, it was wrong.....lol cant wait to see my RFE's

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

I just received an RFE today requesting "photographs together." USCIS wants "film-dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together."

AOS Timeline

10/22/07: Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/07: USCIS receives I-485/I-131/I-765

11/1/07: NOA date for I-485/I-765/I-131

11/2/07: Checks cashed

12/7/07: Biometrics

12/19/07: EAD/AP Approved (card production ordered)

12/26/07: AP docs received in the mail

12/31/07: Received EAD card in the mail

01/30/08: AOS interview

01/30/08: AOS approved!!!!!!!!!!!!

02/11/08: Greencard received in the mail

Removal of Conditions

11/09/09: Mailed I-751

12/11/09: Biometrics

12/22/09: Card production ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just received an RFE today requesting "photographs together." USCIS wants "film-dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together."

umm...ehem.... Photoshop the film dates? :devil: .... .... did I just say that?:whistle:

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

OK so I am not the only one who has had this problem I guess, AND I have to say that I also sent in passport pages with stamps and tons of emails! I did not send in airplane ticket stubs or receipts the first time but we should seriously be telling people that "film dated" photos are preferred! I know people get approved all the time without them but if "primary" evidence is sparse, film dated would be the way to go.

Jan 5, 2007: I-129F sent

Jan 16, 2007: NOA1

April 9, 2007: touched (in the afternoon- Monday)

April 9, 2007: RFE notice via email (11:30pm- Monday)

April 12, 2007: RFE hardcopy received in post(Thursday)

April 14, 2007: touched (Saturday???)

April 16, 2007: Sent off more evidence to CSC (Monday)

April 17, 2007: Package arrives at CSC (10am Tuesday) (post office receipt...no notice of receipt from CSC)

April 24, 2007: email notification that CSC received my RFE reply on Apr. 24

April 24, 2007: touch

April 25, 2007: touch

April 27, 2007: touch

April 27: 2007: NOA2!!! (8:20pm email)

April 28, 2007: touch

May 2, 2007: NOA2 Hard copy received in snail mail

May 10, 2007: NVC received petition

May 30, 2007: Packet 3 received in post, scheduled medical appt.

June 12, 2007: London Medical

June 4, 2007: Packet 3 returned to Embassy

June 22, 2007: Packet 4 received

July 25, 2007: Interview!!! ...Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.