Lorna&Alex

Doctor won't give me vaccinations

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone!

i Just went to my local doctor to get my vaccinations  required for Knightsbridge, but as she looked through my medical summary she found that I've already had more than 3 doses of TDap in my lifetime and also a few doses of MMR. 

Can I ask, do I need at least 3 doses of TDap in the last 10 years or just in my whole life time?? 

I think I'm definitely covered for MMR so I'm not worried about that. And she gave me my flu jab also. 

She said she's gonna print my medical summary for next week which will show a few doses of MMR in my lifetime and also a few doses of TDap in my lifetime....is this enough to prove it to the doc at Knightsbridge? 

Lorna :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Teo

2 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

Hey everyone!

i Just went to my local doctor to get my vaccinations  required for Knightsbridge, but as she looked through my medical summary she found that I've already had more than 3 doses of TDap in my lifetime and also a few doses of MMR. 

Can I ask, do I need at least 3 doses of TDap in the last 10 years or just in my whole life time?? 

I think I'm definitely covered for MMR so I'm not worried about that. And she gave me my flu jab also. 

She said she's gonna print my medical summary for next week which will show a few doses of MMR in my lifetime and also a few doses of TDap in my lifetime....is this enough to prove it to the doc at Knightsbridge? 

Lorna :) 

• ✅ Two doses of MMR anytime in your life.  
  • ❓The Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis combo was probably given to you as a child,  possibly including polio as a fourth part in a mix. You need one of those dates to be within the last 10 years or you need Tetanus/Diptheria (Td) as a booster. 
  • ✅ Flu jab.  
  • ✅ Varicella. Not available in UK, but tell Knightsbridge you had Chickenpox as a child and you won't need the shot. They do not need it in writing from a doctor. They take your word.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Teo

• ✅ Two doses of MMR anytime in your life.  
  • ❓The Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis combo was probably given to you as a child,  possibly including polio as a fourth part in a mix. You need one of those dates to be within the last 10 years or you need Tetanus/Diptheria (Td) as a booster. 
  • ✅ Flu jab.  
  • ✅ Varicella. Not available in UK, but tell Knightsbridge you had Chickenpox as a child and you won't need the shot. They do not need it in writing from a doctor. They take your word.

my last Tdap was when i was 14 and i'm currently 22 (will be 23 when i have my medical) So i think that should be fine then :) Hopefully anyways 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lorna&Alex said:

my last Tdap was when i was 14 and i'm currently 22 (will be 23 when i have my medical) So i think that should be fine then :) Hopefully anyways 

This is 2017, so if you had a shot with Diptheria/Tetanus in it dated later than 2007, then you are good. Make sure you take in a list from the GP naming immunizations and dates received. 

Varicella is now available in the UK at various private clinics, however if you have had chickenpox as a child they will accept verbal confirmation of this.

Timeline
1 hour ago, StuBear65 said:

Varicella is now available in the UK at various private clinics, however if you have had chickenpox as a child they will accept verbal confirmation of this.

Thank you. I meant to say not routinely available. Knightsbridge used to give it but stopped carrying it a few years back.

For a CR1 like yourself who needs to finish all immunization requirements before your interview, a waiver can be given even if you didn't have chickenpox. There is a waiver for "not routinely available" that is marked on the DS-3024 and acceptable for U.K. persons. 

For A K1 who could get shots later in the US prior to AOS, the availability waiver usually doesn't work out. It is available to them after they get to the US. Chickenpox (marked Varicella history on the form) is their best bet if they want to get complete for AOS at their visa medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.