Wife!

Mistake in citizenship form

11 posts in this topic

I submitted my n400 few weeks back. I just realized one thing that i made a mistake, in physical presence section, you are suppose to write all your addresses of five years. In 2013, i traveled to my homeland country and from homeland country i visited middle east and then go back to homeland and came USA, so it was not supposed to be written on USA in outs section. It was a 10 days  trip only to middle east and i completely forgot its address on 5 years physical address section. what should i do now.

6 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

There is a difference between a domicile/ residence and a temporary  visit. They are wanting yourpermanent residential addresses during the last 5 years, not place you visited, stayed in  while overseas, visiting family and friends or for work.  

Really? i am so nervous? should i mentioned this trip in interview as there is in out stamp on my passport as well

11 minutes ago, Wife! said:

should i mentioned this trip in interview as there is in out stamp on my passport as well

There is a question in the n400 form about time spent outside the US during the last five years. Your overseas trips should be listed there.

7 minutes ago, andy78 said:

There is a question in the n400 form about time spent outside the US during the last five years. Your overseas trips should be listed there.

I guess no, because i made a visit to homeland from usa and then i visited middle east from my homeland and then go back to homeland and from homeland i came to USA. so i dont think it will come in  overseas trip because my in and outs are from my homeland country not from usa.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wife! said:

I guess no, because i made a visit to homeland from usa and then i visited middle east from my homeland and then go back to homeland and from homeland i came to USA. so i dont think it will come in  overseas trip because my in and outs are from my homeland country not from usa.  

Yes you list it. It doesn't matter from which country you left from. You left US soil you list all places you visited and dates. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

6 minutes ago, Wife! said:

No that's not right.

First of all, if you visited your homeland, that's a trip outside the US that needs to be listed.

And second, the question requires you to list all the countries you visited during your trip. So, you would provide all the trip information they are asking for, and list both your homeland and the Middle East country you visited.

Edited by andy78

guys i mentioned my trip to homeland country, that was 2 month trip, in that two month trip i travelled to middle east as well. as you guys saying i should mention it in overseas trip, how could i ? because  it says date when you left usa and date when you arrived back to usa. i just checked form. i feel that i was suppose to write my middle east trip in physical presence section that i forgot.

let me give you an example for my trip so you guys can guide me properly

jan 01 2013- left usa and came my native country( i mentioned it in form)

feb 02 2013- travelled to middle east from my native country ( forgot to mention)

feb 10 2013- came back from middle east in my native country ( forgot to mention)

march 1, 2013- came back to usa from native country ( i mentioned it in form) 

Just now, Wife! said:

let me give you an example for my trip so you guys can guide me properly

jan 01 2013- left usa and came my native country( i mentioned it in form)

feb 02 2013- travelled to middle east from my native country ( forgot to mention)

feb 10 2013- came back from middle east in my native country ( forgot to mention)

march 1, 2013- came back to usa from native country ( i mentioned it in form) 

This is how you answer:

Date you left the US:  01/01/2013

Date you returned to US:  03/01/2013

Did trip last 6 months or more:  No

Countries visited:  Native country and Middle East country

Total days outside the US:  60 (for example)

At this point since you submitted the n400, you will have to tell the officer during the interview that you forgot to mention the Middle East country.

11 minutes ago, andy78 said:

This is how you answer:

Date you left the US:  01/01/2013

Date you returned to US:  03/01/2013

Did trip last 6 months or more:  No

Countries visited:  Native country and Middle East country

Total days outside the US:  60 (for example)

At this point since you submitted the n400, you will have to tell the officer during the interview that you forgot to mention the Middle East country.

yea..make sense now.. hope it will not be a problem :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Be prepared to answer questions about this. It would already be a small problem, but in the current political climate, omitting a week-long trip to the Middle East could be highly problematic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.