xiaomei

will it be ok to apply K3?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

My bf is a US citizen and he would come to me in October. We plan to marry at that time and then apply K3 visa after that. But after his coming in October, it is not so easy to meet again yet. So we are afraid that the immigration might have suspect on our marriage if we do not meet each other after marrying each other. So I want to know that will it be ok to apply K3 for this situation? Or if you have any better idea for us please tell me openly. I really appreciate every idea. thank you.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is there a reason why se is not applying for a K1 ?

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Don't worry about the part of them suspecting you. If it's a legitimate relationship, there's nothing to worry about. Just remember to think of evidence to prove that you guys are legitimate. Although, multiple visits would help the case, but if your bf could only visit once in a year, it's understandable because of job, money, etc...The interviewer are people too.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Is there a reason why se is not applying for a K1 ?

No special reason but we should apply K3 since we would marry at that time. But if the K3 might take too much risk we are still thinking to apply K1 and get marry later.

Meeting once is no greater problem if you are married. If anything, it is less of a problem. You haven't indicated where you live but from the Pinyin I suppose you are Chinese. I know several people personally who met and married on their first and only visit who are living very happily in the USA right now. Not one of them had the advantage of getting the kind of advice and guidance available here and specifically for China, at www.candleforlove.com My wife and I were fortunate enough to have two visits and the benefit of good guidance through the process. She and her daughter arrived from Nanning as K3 and K4 exactly 9 months from the day of our marriage.

My advice is to decide when and where you want to marry and then file the appropriate petition when you are ready. Take plenty of pictures with friends and family in different places, wearing different clothes and on different days, during the first visit. Communicate often and keep written copies of your emails, telephone charges, letters and anything else. He should keep all records of his travel, including original boarding passes and the airline ticket receipts. Hotel bills and any other travel documentation is also important.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Hi all

My bf is a US citizen and he would come to me in October. We plan to marry at that time and then apply K3 visa after that. But after his coming in October, it is not so easy to meet again yet. So we are afraid that the immigration might have suspect on our marriage if we do not meet each other after marrying each other. So I want to know that will it be ok to apply K3 for this situation? Or if you have any better idea for us please tell me openly. I really appreciate every idea. thank you.

As far as I can understand, it seems that most applications (I129F and I130) are almost always approved, but if denied, it will be denied at the interview. I'd have your then husband try as hard as he can to fly over and go to the interview with you. I can't see how better to prove you two are together than that. Seeing is believing, good luck. I'm currently waiting with my wife also, I can't stand to be apart from her for that long, just hope to the good lord our visa will be approved soon and we can move on and come home.

i130

1/30/07 sent

2/6/07 NOA 1

3/22/07, 3/23/07, 4/23/07, 4/24/07 touch

5/3/07 NOA2, Approved, Praise the Good Lord!!! :)

5/4/07 touch

i129f

2/14/07 sent

2/21/07 NOA 1

3/2/07 email transferred to CSC

3/5/07 i797c paper transfer notice

3/9/07 touch

3/13/07 email case pending at CSC

3/14/07, 4/23/07, 4/24/07 touch

5/3/07 NOA2, Approved, Praise the Good Lord!!! :)

5/4/07 touch

5/7/07 NVC Received

5/9/07 Forwarded to Consulate

5/15/07 Consulate Received

5/18/07 Packet 3 received

5/21/07 Packet 3 sent

5/22/07 Medical

5/31/07 Medical Results Received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all

As far as I can understand, it seems that most applications (I129F and I130) are almost always approved, but if denied, it will be denied at the interview. I'd have your then husband try as hard as he can to fly over and go to the interview with you. I can't see how better to prove you two are together than that. Seeing is believing, good luck. I'm currently waiting with my wife also, I can't stand to be apart from her for that long, just hope to the good lord our visa will be approved soon and we can move on and come home.

Assuming China, the best a fiance or spouse can do is be in the same building on another floor. The USC is not allowed to attend the actual interview in Guangzhou. The applicant can present the spouse's passport along with theirs to indicate they are currently visiting, but that's as close to the interview as they get. More visits are good if possible. If not, success can still be achieved with good preparation and confidence at interview. Good English skills go a long way as well but are not required. My wife and I practiced for months on webcam chats, so she could understand and answer many questions in English. Then she had one of the unusual Guangzhou interviews where not a word of English was spoken. She was asked (in Mandarin) if she spoke English and if I spoke Mandarin. The answer to both was, "A little." My wife's confindence, professional appearance, the pictures, well prepared financial documents and a stack of printed communication proof only glanced at was what made the difference.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.