adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Dogtor said:

Our case was received by NVC on 4/19/2018. I called in May and June to follow-up and was told to wait until the 8-week mark. I called back at the 8 week mark and was suddenly told that our case was received on 6/20/2018!!! I am not sure how to handle an incorrect priority date and dont know exactly what went wrong. The case has been sent to a supervisor and I have sent an email to NVC with the I-797 approval, which is dated 4/5/2018! Any help would be highly appreciated... 

Look back at my previous posts - this is exactly the same as happened to us.  I rang and spoke to a supervisor almost daily.  It transpires that it is what happens with their new computer system but that isn't good enough.  We got to the next stage at one stage short of 12 weeks since they received the cases and it was then through CEAC which is very quick.  But my advice is keep up the pressure and ensure that your case is escalated or even expedited if you can hassle them enough. 

good luck!

4 minutes ago, Smidgkin said:

Look back at my previous posts - this is exactly the same as happened to us.  I rang and spoke to a supervisor almost daily.  It transpires that it is what happens with their new computer system but that isn't good enough.  We got to the next stage at one stage short of 12 weeks since they received the cases and it was then through CEAC which is very quick.  But my advice is keep up the pressure and ensure that your case is escalated or even expedited if you can hassle them enough. 

good luck!

Thank you Smidgkin, I sent you a PM :) You're giving me hope...

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Smidgkin said:

good luck!

That should have been one day short of 12 weeks!

Filed: Timeline

I got the case number and invoice number yesterday July 3rd through email. 9 weeks exactly since the NVC got it from USCIS. But the problem is, the beneficiary's name is Lourd Benedict, and on the welcome letter, just Benedict. And the beneficiary's street number is also not right. What do I do? 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
18 hours ago, ronh said:

I got the case number and invoice number yesterday July 3rd through email. 9 weeks exactly since the NVC got it from USCIS. But the problem is, the beneficiary's name is Lourd Benedict, and on the welcome letter, just Benedict. And the beneficiary's street number is also not right. What do I do? 

Is the name on the NOA2 correct? If so, call NVC and ask for a name correction - I think they should be able to do that.

On the NOA2, they put Benedict also. I called and emailed USCIS many times but they didn't do anything to change it. I called the NVC and they're advice is to do the public inquiry form and attach my son's passport so they can correct the name but everytime I hit submit, it says "invalid date of birth." I put it correctly, dd/month/year. Its just so depressing right now, coz I would be able to pay the AOS and IV now but I dont wanna pay until the first name and street number be corrected.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 1:55 AM, ronh said:

On the NOA2, they put Benedict also. I called and emailed USCIS many times but they didn't do anything to change it. I called the NVC and they're advice is to do the public inquiry form and attach my son's passport so they can correct the name but everytime I hit submit, it says "invalid date of birth." I put it correctly, dd/month/year. Its just so depressing right now, coz I would be able to pay the AOS and IV now but I dont wanna pay until the first name and street number be corrected.

I think you typed date of birth pattern wrong, it should be month/date/year. 

Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 9:08 AM, ronh said:

I tried that too. But on their pattern it is dd/month/year.  Does anybody know if they have a fax number? 

Have you tried to speak with them directly ? This page lists their contact number. You will need dob of the person you filed for along with their name, case number and invoice id. They can look into the case on the phone

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/nvc-contact-information.html

Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 9:08 AM, ronh said:

I tried that too. But on their pattern it is dd/month/year.  Does anybody know if they have a fax number? 

Tell them their form has an issue which you are facing. They might be able to help you out. 

Question: how long does ceac take to review your uploaded documents ? I am unable to find any defined time frame 

Timeline

I don't think there is a defined time frame.  I studied lots of other previous applicants timelines and decided it averaged about 8 working days - and that is exactly how long it took them to review ours.

Good luck!

I sent them email and a copy of my son's passport  on July 7 and never heard from them yet. And I have no idea yet how long they will review the documents. On my case, I paid the AOS on July 5th and IV on July 6, both are still on process. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ronh said:

I sent them email and a copy of my son's passport  on July 7 and never heard from them yet. And I have no idea yet how long they will review the documents. On my case, I paid the AOS on July 5th and IV on July 6, both are still on process. 

Did you try calling after email? I called them around 5pm est when things are slower at their end when I had issues and the reps I spoke to responded to every concern I had. Once I tried during the early hours of the day and I did not have a good experience.

2 hours ago, Smidgkin said:

I don't think there is a defined time frame.  I studied lots of other previous applicants timelines and decided it averaged about 8 working days - and that is exactly how long it took them to review ours.

Good luck!

Cool thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, adar24 said:

Hi folks - how long did it take NVC to review your DS-261 (the agent form) and send an invoice for IV fees? It has been little over 2 weeks since my parents submitted their DS-261 naming me as their agent. Please let me know.

My lawyer submitted everything the same day. Did u try calling them to find out ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.