adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/11/2018 at 8:44 PM, adar24 said:

Hi Oceanwave - 11 weeks from when? Are you counting from when they received your case, because I believe you can escalate to Tier 2 if that is 11 weeks from NVC received. 

Yes, that's 11 weeks after they received, they received 26 March.   

7 hours ago, Oceanwave said:

Yes, that's 11 weeks after they received, they received 26 March.   

Ugh! How frustrating! Hope you hear back soon. I am waiting for my dad's case #. We complete 8 weeks on Friday, so I will call next week sometime. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hooray - our case numbers and welcome email has just arrived for both of us. It would have been 12 weeks tomorrow since they received our NOA2s.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, adar24 said:

Ugh! How frustrating! Hope you hear back soon. I am waiting for my dad's case #. We complete 8 weeks on Friday, so I will call next week sometime. 

Thank you! Good luck to all of us! It seems it takes in general for most cakes 12 weeks instead of 8  

On 6/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, Rokarmy1023 said:

Hi adar24 still waiting my husbands case number. His date nvc recieved in april 5, so this june 5, exactly for 8 weeks. Hoping this week be released. What's up?

Hi @Rokarmy1023 did you get your husband's case # and how many weeks did it take?

8 hours ago, Oceanwave said:

We are now at week 13 already, and still no word from NVC. I try to call them, but it is impossible to "catch customer representative". I am waiting on line forever and simply give up. :(

Hi - I have had better luck in the afternoons - shorter calling time. The longest I have been on hold when I called in the afternoon is 20 mins. Maybe try that? Also, might be worth trying to send the case to Tier 2 (Supervisor) - I don't know if that happens on its own or only when one requests it. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, adar24 said:

Hi @Rokarmy1023 did you get your husband's case # and how many weeks did it take?

Hi adar24, yes my husbands case number received in june 6, now my daughter done for step 1 choose an agent and she is designated an agent. Now waiting for step 2, will open again next week.

Edited by Rokarmy1023

Timeline

So our cases are being dealt with by electronic processing, which means I was able to pay fees last Thursday, and upload all DS260s, civil documents, AOS and supporting financial documents today.  I feel that we might be moving along now.  I don't know how long it will take for the NVC now to consider our cases and send to London embassy. 

It is just a long waiting game designed to frustrate - it will happen folks, just be patient.  In the mean time, my advice about preparing for DS260s and getting I864 ready was good advice which I followed myself so I was able to spin through the forms really quickly because I had all the information ready in the right order.  Do look at the sample DS260 and work out what you need.

Good luck to all

1 hour ago, Rokarmy1023 said:

Hi adar24, yes my husbands case number received in june 6, now my daughter done for step 1 choose an agent and she is designated an agent. Now waiting for step 2, will open again next week.

Very good. Keep us updated. Good luck. Moving through the process feels good, right?

Timeline
12 hours ago, adar24 said:

Very good. Keep us updated. Good luck. Moving through the process feels good, right?

Thanks hope you too. Will keep you updated. Good luck to us

Timeline
13 hours ago, Smidgkin said:

So our cases are being dealt with by electronic processing, which means I was able to pay fees last Thursday, and upload all DS260s, civil documents, AOS and supporting financial documents today.  I feel that we might be moving along now.  I don't know how long it will take for the NVC now to consider our cases and send to London embassy. 

It is just a long waiting game designed to frustrate - it will happen folks, just be patient.  In the mean time, my advice about preparing for DS260s and getting I864 ready was good advice which I followed myself so I was able to spin through the forms really quickly because I had all the information ready in the right order.  Do look at the sample DS260 and work out what you need.

Good luck to all

Hi smidgkin, how many days before you go for step 2 or after choose an agent step1?

Timeline

In electronic processing you don’t have to choose an agent, but you can if you need to.  As I explained I have done steps 1 effectively, steps 2 and 3 last Thursday and then all the rest yesterday!  I paid the fees by bank transfer to keep things quick.

just have to wait for review by NVC - hopefully all the docs are OK and it will be off to London.

i think the early extra wait is because once you get into CEAC the whole process is much quicker.

Timeline

By the way also, in the civil documents we were asked to provide our daughter’s marriage certificate and scans of our US passport photos, in addition to the list of civil documents provided.  You might want to get these scans ready.  In case you haven’t read other posts, it is a good idea to make sure all the scans have the writing horizontal so that they can be read easily.  You don’t want to give the reviewer any excuse for bumping it back to you and making you wait again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.