ColoradoSteve

I-129F item 54 - describe circumstances of meeting

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Everyone,

Item 54 on page 8 of the I-129F says to describe the circumstances of our meeting in person. My fiancee met on 5 different visits.

How much detail is required in this section? Do I merely need to state that we me in person 5 times and stayed together in various hotels and rental houses? Or do I need to expand in section 8 and give much more detail on all of the circumstances, such as dates and what we did?

I am including much evidence, such as photos, letters, boarding passes, hotel receipts, letters, etc. etc.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Steve

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That question just wants you to prove that you have met in person within the past 2 years. In my petition, I wrote a detailed explanation of our first meeting (dates and locations included), but for my additional meetings, I just said 'I made 3 additional visits' and stated the months of each additional visit. The evidence you are providing will certainly benefit you as well. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When I filed my petition I explained the general circumstances of the first time we met, including the date. Then I explained that we have been in a relationship ever since. Elsewhere in the petition I included a timeline of all our visits. Our petition just got approved so that should meet whatever they're looking for! 

Met on 15th of October, 2014 - started dating soon after

Became separated by the Atlantic Ocean on the 11th of July, 2015

Lots of Skype, visits, and love later...

-K1 Visa-

25th April 2017: i-129f Sent

28th April 2017: i-129f Received

2nd May 2017: NOA1 date

23rd September 2017: NOA2 Approval date

25th September 2017: NOA2 Notification date

29th September 2017: NOA2 hardcopy

11th of October 2017: NVC received

20th of October 2017: Embassy Received 'READY'

1st of November 2017: Medical

9th of November 2017: Interview

17th of November 2017: Visa Issued

22nd of November 2017: Visa on hand

xxx: POE

1 hour ago, fordguy61mi said:

They want to know how you INITIALLY met in that section. Not all the meetings you had. But make sure you detail exactly how it came about that you met. No time to be ambiguous here.

I'm getting our application together at the moment, and this worries me - there's the "long" story of how we met (ie: why he was in Australia, the mutual friend that caused us to meet, etc) or the "short" story which is just as accurate - we met at the pub one night, had a one night stand that turned into him moving in with me a week later. 

I'm considering going with the short version on the form with a "please see attachment XX for further information" and outlay the whole thing.

Filed: Timeline
On 9/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, dentsflogged said:

I'm getting our application together at the moment, and this worries me - there's the "long" story of how we met (ie: why he was in Australia, the mutual friend that caused us to meet, etc) or the "short" story which is just as accurate - we met at the pub one night, had a one night stand that turned into him moving in with me a week later. 

I'm considering going with the short version on the form with a "please see attachment XX for further information" and outlay the whole thing.

I went with the long story. It was three pages full single spaced. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Edited by fordguy61mi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.