ya falaha!

First meeting with the kids or other family members

32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I understand what you're saying, Jean. I'm most worried about my oldest son. He's jealous about his old mom so I know he may have a hard time sharing. If I'm on the phone he wants to know with whom and if I'm on too long he starts making noise so I'll get off the phone. My youngest son is very gentle and sweet and generally gets along with everyone. He's the most excited about Mo coming (well besides me :D)

LOL! MK, your pics always crack me up!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good topic Moody!

I don't have kids but things went well with my parents. It was tough because Hicham didn't speak much English but now that he does everything is great.

I thought not speaking English was a red flag.

Nice try, toots!

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't have kids but I would think that taking part in a physical activity is a good way for males to bond.....like going to an amusement park or playing a sport or something.....cuz guys tend to form bonds through physical contact and an activity that they're busy having fun with would take a lot of pressure off of the focus of trying to build a relationship.

Females are different....I think we do better forming bonds by sitting, talking, and eating.

Andre met my 13 year old son in Jamaica in April 2007, right before he got here. We stayed with him and his family in Jamaica for a few weeks. He met my 11 year old daughter once he came here. He's sweet and gentle and they bonded with him immediately. One of our first events was to go to 6 flags so they could all bond acting like a bunch of kids. In the nearly year that he has been here, my kids call him every day when they get home from school and we spend every weekend and school holidays with them camped out at our house. I swear they could care less if I am there or not. It's Andre this and Andre that............

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Females are different....I think we do better forming bonds by sitting, talking, and eating.

hahaa.. that for sure :blush:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

I was a little nervous when I met Marlon's mom, sister, and nephew. They were so nice and very welcoming! They really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and at home. The second time I went back, we all went to Port Royal, Jamaica and had a blast. I really feel that his mom and I bonded. His nephew even started to call me "auntie Sarah". Made me feel great! Marlon does have a 6 year old son in England, I have yet to make his acquaintance but his mother knows about me and his happy for Marlon and I. Marlon's father lives in New York and I haven't met him yet but he always calls to check on me.

Good luck!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

This is a great topic!

I was worried about him meeting the kids but mostly because he's the first guy I dated since I got divorced. He came at Christmas, though we met last April, in Germany and "officially" started dating (because, you know, you can date someone 5000 miles away!) in August. That first meeting was bumpy. My son is 15, and very protective of his mom too, but I made the mistake of not really preparing them in advance. I always referred to P as "my friend" because I wasn't sure what we would do if he and the kids didn't work. As much as I love him, they have to come first. I thought it best not to upset them unnecessarily. Anyway, Christmas was bumpy but he made it clear too that he wasn't trying to take their dad's place and they eased into it.

It was easier this time around. He was here for a month and neither of my kids wanted him to leave! My son is thrilled that he'll be moving here, and my daughter is happy because she really likes him but hasn't fully adjusted to the idea yet. Of course, her dad also has a new girlfriend, so it's big adjustments all around. This is one time where I think it's ok that we have a long process (not too long I hope!) until he gets here, because it gives her more time to get used to the idea.

In the end I think if your kids know that this person loves you and treats you with respect and makes you happy, they'll love him too. Finding ways to help them bond is a great idea.

I'm positive now, but that could change when he gets here permanently!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Everything with my kiddos meeting Khallid went great. The kids actually ran in to wake him up they were so excited to finally see him! They had been writing letters, talking on the phone and online with each other for a year so they were very comfortable with him.

My parents on the other hand....I was a nervous wreck. My dad had never been exactly thrilled of the idea of me marring an "a-rab" so I didn't know how the first meeting would go. It went very well and my dad behaved! :dance: Now they are always doing guy things together.

I'm sure everything will go well Moody....don't worry! (F)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

very good topic Moody

I have a 14 years old stepson and when i first cae he met me in the airport and he looked nice and he is a good kid but then he start to compare between me and him in everything as if iam his sister not his stepma and he start to be very jealous from me and watch eveything I buy even the shampo and the groccery !!!

but then step by step he start to realize Iam his step mother and now I have very good relationship with him and I think he loves me now and I have better relationship with him than his mum that he start to ask lately to move to stay with us..

so Moody don't worry everything comes step by step but try to tell Mohammed in advance about your older son how jealous he is so he can understand ..

when mohammed is coming? I looked online MY god one way ticket are very expensive the cheapest I found was by Egypt air I think..tell me when you book and good luck :)

Salwa

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline

I have three sons who cannot wait for my husband to come here. When we are online, I sometimes have to ask my boys is I can talk to my husband. They look at me like they have no idea what I have to talk to him about. My sons do not have a good relationship with the sperm donar :bonk: they have for a real father, so I think that they are very excited about having a real man in their lives. They are already making plans for things for them to do together once my husband gets here.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Everything with my kiddos meeting Khallid went great. The kids actually ran in to wake him up they were so excited to finally see him! They had been writing letters, talking on the phone and online with each other for a year so they were very comfortable with him.

My parents on the other hand....I was a nervous wreck. My dad had never been exactly thrilled of the idea of me marring an "a-rab" so I didn't know how the first meeting would go. It went very well and my dad behaved! :dance: Now they are always doing guy things together.

I'm sure everything will go well Moody....don't worry! (F)

I am a litle worried about my fiance meeting my father. He has never like me dating. My first date was junior prom and my second date was senior prom. He actually grew quite fond of my ex husband. He had been around since I was 14 years old. After my divorce, I dated an African American male with a Phd in chemistry for two years. We had a very serious relationship. My father could not stand him. He really really disliked him. After that I dated a white man for two years. My father liked him. Go figure!!! Now my fiance will have the pleasure of meeting my father around the second week in May. I hope all goes well.

Timeline

:lol:

I have three sons who cannot wait for my husband to come here. When we are online, I sometimes have to ask my boys is I can talk to my husband. They look at me like they have no idea what I have to talk to him about. My sons do not have a good relationship with the sperm donar :bonk: they have for a real father, so I think that they are very excited about having a real man in their lives. They are already making plans for things for them to do together once my husband gets here.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's what my Mo wants, too. He wants to establish a friendship with them instead of being a replacement dad. They have a dad who is involved in their life already. Ok another concern....first meeting with the ex :blink:

My daughters father lives in a different state but calls daily too speak w/ both of my children.....I let him know about Charles (as soon as things started to progress)....and the day after Charles arrived, my daughters father called and asked to speak to Charles.....it surprised me, but basically Richard welcomed Charles to the states and just wanted Charles to know that he hopes that everything goes well w/ us.....I thought I could have some problems w/ him, but I was wrong :)

My son's father, welcomed him and my son's grandmother welcomed him to the family. I have a civilized relationship w/ both fathers and their families...so of course my happiness and children's happiness means alot to them. Last week, we attended a cook out of son's father's family....and everyone welcomed Charles and accepted him w/ open arms.

I hope that your ex can be civilized and accept everything in a civilized manner.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My biggest worry is getting enough time with him! As it is when we chat online they monopolize the conversation. My oldest has already planned out a shopping trip. I gave both of my daughter's "jobs" with him and her job is to teach him about our money system and how to make change. She's psyched to show him the mall!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

My biggest worry is getting enough time with him! As it is when we chat online they monopolize the conversation. My oldest has already planned out a shopping trip. I gave both of my daughter's "jobs" with him and her job is to teach him about our money system and how to make change. She's psyched to show him the mall!!!

Doodle that's a cute idea for the kids!

:thumbs:

drinkblink14.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.