jessica14

Work without valid authorization AOS

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I got married to a us citizen  and we are applyin for an AOS, one of the forms ask for any SSN and work history. I worked for a company for 2yrs with a SSN that says not valid for employment and I have paid for taxes, Would that be a problem to file for AOS I have read its forgiven since Im married to a us citizen.

Thank you all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, jessica14 said:

Hi

I got married to a us citizen  and we are applyin for an AOS, one of the forms ask for any SSN and work history. I worked for a company for 2yrs with a SSN that says not valid for employment and I have paid for taxes, Would that be a problem to file for AOS I have read its forgiven since Im married to a us citizen.

Thank you all

It won't be a problem as long as you declare it in your work history. Some things are forgiven but not everything.... If you are not sure, ask a lawyer with a free consultation. And other VJ expert might be able to tell you more.

My own opinion  is your won't have a problem as long as you are honest with the whole application. The most important thing to USCIS is to proof your marriage is bonafide and not entered into for immigration purpose.

13 hours ago, sweetadams said:

It won't be a problem as long as you declare it in your work history. Some things are forgiven but not everything.... If you are not sure, ask a lawyer with a free consultation. And other VJ expert might be able to tell you more.

My own opinion  is your won't have a problem as long as you are honest with the whole application. The most important thing to USCIS is to proof your marriage is bonafide and not entered into for immigration purpose.

Thank You

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 9/20/2017 at 2:20 AM, jessica14 said:

Hi

Thank you all

Its all forgiven because you are married to a UC  you need to put it because if you lie it will not be forgiven then and they will never trust you so put everything

Sent ASOS package I-130, i-130A, i-485, i-765, i-693, i-864, G-325A, G-11435: 04/25/2017

Packaged delivered to USCIS Chicago Lock box: 04/27/2017

Checks cashed: 04/28/2017

SMS/Email received: 05/02/2017

NOA in the mail: 05/08/2017

Biometrics appointment letter in the mail: 08/21/17

Biometrics appointment: 08/31/17

I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview: 09/06/17

I-765 card in production: 09/18/17

EAD card in the mail: 09/21/17

EAD card received: 09/25/17

interview had been scheduled: 04/13/18

interview noticed received: 04/20/18

Interview: 05/23/18

I485 approved: 05/25/18

13 hours ago, milimelo said:

Whose SSN was it? Yours or someone else's? 

Mine. I got it many years ago it was given to me with a temporary contract but it reads not valid without authorization DNS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.