Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
"stick her head in a pig"... :lol:

And she is a prime candidate for sterilisation in my eyes. I wonder how many kids she has by now. At least three I'd hazard a guess. Gets 300 quid a week in benefits, has a house and not one penny of it actually earned by her.

A drain on society, that's what she is. And her 42 kids will probably grow up exactly like her.

I got that expression from another Brit. :dance:

If you think that one's good, look up the story about the guy in Rugby who has 11 kids by 3 diff. women who wanted a bigger council house than the 4-bed one he already has. I've been trying to find it again for a while, not having any luck. I think it was Rugby anyway.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
mags,

What do you think of issuing child licences instead of sterilising people?

If they could make it workable then I think it could be a good idea. As I said before, children are not a commodity, a means to get social security money or even just a "side effect" of sex.

However, implementing it would be difficult. What if a person kept falling pregnant because of lax contraception (or none at all) and didn't have a license? Would it mean instant termination?

Although I think it is a good idea myself, it is probably about as un-workable as compulsory sterilisation! ;)

It's an understandable impulse, but since the options are pretty much forced abortion or sterilization for anyone who doesn't meet whatever the dominant powers think is an 'ideal' home or an 'ideal' child rearer and the history of eugenics is foul with abuse, it just shouldn't be on the table as an option in any great society.

If you want to tinker, tinker with the incentives for having children, improve child services (so it has the money to remove & care for children), or make birth control more available.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline
If you think that one's good, look up the story about the guy in Rugby who has 11 kids by 3 diff. women who wanted a bigger council house than the 4-bed one he already has. I've been trying to find it again for a while, not having any luck. I think it was Rugby anyway.

Yeah that was big news for a while...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/4809982.stm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006120261,00.html <---this one REALLY pizzes me off

Timeline
"stick her head in a pig"... :lol:

And she is a prime candidate for sterilisation in my eyes. I wonder how many kids she has by now. At least three I'd hazard a guess. Gets 300 quid a week in benefits, has a house and not one penny of it actually earned by her.

A drain on society, that's what she is. And her 42 kids will probably grow up exactly like her.

I got that expression from another Brit. :dance:

There was an episode of Wife Swap too, where the couple had something like 5 kids and both sponged off the state. Ooh, what was she called, she became a minor "celeb", went on Celebrity Fat Club.....that's it Lizzie Bardsley! Unpleasant woman...got taken to court for benefit fraud!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Steven, I don't know how they would introduce it (nor is it really realistic). But I know this, when I see people around who have four or five kids, all of them running amok, the parents not controlling them OR giving a sh!t about what their little "darlings" are doing, the thought of sterilisation for those people sounds bloody wonderful.

Kids seem to be a commodity for these type of people, a means to get more social security. They don't care for the upbringing of these children. I see it all too often, unfortunately. Just my 2c.

You'd have loved a story they ran in a local rag here in York a few years ago about a teenager who abandoned her council flat and went to a shelter, got pregnant, then complained to the press that she was going to be 'made homeless' because the shelter didn't accomodate babies, the council wouldn't give her a house, and there wasn't enough room at mom and dad's for the baby. The council wouldn't give her a house because she abandoned the previous accomodation but after a lot of media attention, they gave her a 1 bed flat...and she complained to the press again about it because there wasn't enough room for her, the baby, AND her boyfriend. :rolleyes: If I'd been on the council I'd have told her to 1.) get a job, and 2.) stick her head in a pig!

oh yeah, that sense of entitlement at work again :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
mags,

What do you think of issuing child licences instead of sterilising people?

And what happens if ya have a kid without a license? Cos it's not like every single one of them is planned anyways...

What happens if you drive a car without a licence? You face civil and/or criminal penalties.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg