7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all, 

I posted a different question about the G-325a forms and was surprised to learn that apparently the VJ K-1 visa guide here has not been updated and those forms are no longer necessary? I just want to confirm with other users that this is true. I have the passport photos ready to go and I read the I-129 form instructions really thoroughly but I did not see where it said to include the passport photos with them, but I am only human and possibly just missed that. I will reread those instructions as soon as I am able to. I would really appreciate any information on this and please, it's just a question so getting frustrated is not necessary. Thank you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Frage said:

I think the guide should be updated by the admins asap. 

I followed it too and included the G-325a with the pictures. Thankfully I also included the I-130a so I didn't get an RFE

I completely agree because that is extremely confusing. Do you know if I should take out the G-325a forms then? We're filing a I-129..

28 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Hello all, 

I posted a different question about the G-325a forms and was surprised to learn that apparently the VJ K-1 visa guide here has not been updated and those forms are no longer necessary? I just want to confirm with other users that this is true. I have the passport photos ready to go and I read the I-129 form instructions really thoroughly but I did not see where it said to include the passport photos with them, but I am only human and possibly just missed that. I will reread those instructions as soon as I am able to. I would really appreciate any information on this and please, it's just a question so getting frustrated is not necessary. Thank you!

I agree.  The guides should be updated constantly.   Having inaccurate information in the guides makes them virtually useless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

G-325 Bio Data forms have been used for over 25 years. They are now obsolete.

The new I-129F does not require the G-325a's as the  questions from that form are now incorporated into the NEW  I-129F.

This change just took place so Admins probably haven't gotten around to changing the guides.

Please be sure to ALWAYS download forms from USCIS.GOV and NEVER from a 3rd party website including this one.

If you happen to send the G-325a with the NEW I-129F it won't be a problem the USCIS will just disregard them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mrsjackson said:

Hello all, 

Are you reading the Instructions from the I-129F dated April 10th, 2017? I just read them and 100% you need color 2x2 passport style photos. It is under top of page 11.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Don't forget letter of intents to marry. One letter for each of you signed and dated.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Are you reading the Instructions from the I-129F dated April 10th, 2017? I just read them and 100% you need color 2x2 passport style photos. It is under top of page 11.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Don't forget letter of intents to marry. One letter for each of you signed and dated.

Thank you so much for your reply! Very helpful. I am 100% sure I reread the instructions and it does say very clearly that they require the passport style photos, so I just missed that somehow. It's been a stressful time. They are dated April 10, 2017 :) 

I have included the letters of intent for both of us and G 1145, I-129 supplement to expand on how we met/our relationship (I know that's not a requirement), I'll take out the G-325s but have the passport photos, the relationship evidence section, his birth certificate and a photocopy of my NEXUS card (also not a requirement but I just included it so they know how I've always entered and it's a travel document issued to me by the US after having looked into my background, so I thought well that can't hurt to show they've already confirmed I don't have a criminal history). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.