Mrsjackson

Beneficiary G-325a form

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all, 

First, I apologize if there is already a post on this topic but I searched and couldn't find it. I am filling out the G-325a forms right now and for mine (the beneficiary) I'm not sure if I'm supposed to sign it under "signature of applicant" or if my USC petitioner fiancé is supposed to? Any help is much appreciated!

G-325A is not needed. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Read both the K-1 guide here and also the official I-129F instructions sheet so that you can put together a "wholesome" petition, to ensure that you submit everything that's required plus everything else that would help with your case. 

Please note that the forms are not updated in the VJ K-1 guide. However, all other info in it is still useful and can be adhered to.

The current edition I-129F and it's instructions sheet can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Current fee is $535, made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
2 hours ago, J&B said:

Make sure you have the right forms. The G325-a form is not needed and your I-129F should be the new 13 page version. 

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I definitely have the right forms as I downloaded them off the USCIS website directly and they are definitely 13 pages. You are sure I don't need the G-325a forms? I thought I read that they should be included as well on VJ? Would that mean I don't need the passport photos either because we have included those.. so confused. 

Edit: I just had a look at the VJ K1 visa guide and it says to include the passport photos and G-325as, is the guide on VJ just not updated? 

Edited by Mrsjackson

Timeline
1 hour ago, KULtoATL said:

Read both the K-1 guide here and also the official I-129F instructions sheet so that you can put together a "wholesome" petition, to ensure that you submit everything that's required plus everything else that would help with your case. 

Please note that the forms are not updated in the VJ K-1 guide. However, all other info in it is still useful and can be adhered to.

The current edition I-129F and it's instructions sheet can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Current fee is $535, made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Hello, 

Thank you, I will definitely go take another look at the K-1 instructions here on VJ. I have already and I really thought it said to include the G-325a forms and passport photos so now I'm so confused. I'll have a look at everything again. 

Edit: Just had a look at the VJ k-1 visa guide and it says to include the passport photos and G-325a forms when assembling your I-129F package - is the VJ guide just not updated? 

Edited by Mrsjackson

6 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Hello, 

Thank you, I will definitely go take another look at the K-1 instructions here on VJ. I have already and I really thought it said to include the G-325a forms and passport photos so now I'm so confused. I'll have a look at everything again. 

Edit: Just had a look at the VJ k-1 visa guide and it says to include the passport photos and G-325a forms when assembling your I-129F package - is the VJ guide just not updated

That's what I said, the forms are not updated in the VJ K-1 guide. And I also said to refer to both the VJ K-1 guide PLUS the I-129F official instructions sheet. 

You do not need to confuse yourself. It is as simple as the G-325A is NO longer needed. I cannot word it any simpler than that.

And if you have read the I-129F official instructions sheet, you will notice that it asks for US passport photos for both US petitioner AND foreign beneficiary.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

That's what I said, the forms are not updated in the VJ K-1 guide. And I also said to refer to both the VJ K-1 guide PLUS the I-129F official instructions sheet. 

You do not need to confuse yourself. It is as simple as the G-325A is NO longer needed. I cannot word it any simpler than that.

And if you have read the I-129F official instructions sheet, you will notice that it asks for US passport photos for both US petitioner AND foreign beneficiary.

I appreciate your attempt at being helpful but you seem to be getting a little upset so try to calm down because it's really not that serious. 

I didn't confuse myself. The instructions not being updated on VJ telling me to include the forms when apparently that's no longer necessary is what is confusing. I can't word it any simpler than that ;) 

I not only read the I-129f instruction sheet, I went over it in detail with a highlighter and everything. As you probably know, this is not the most straightforward process and I think it's pretty easy to become a little disoriented and that doesn't mean you're not researching things thoroughly. That's why this forum exists right? We're all a little confused and just want to do it right. No need to get hostile though. 

And when you said the forms were not updated it sounded like you meant the I-129 forms were the old version. It wasn't clear that you were saying the guide itself was not updated. 

Edited by Mrsjackson

1 minute ago, Mrsjackson said:

I appreciate your attempt at being helpful but you seem to be getting a little upset so try to calm down because it's really not that serious. 

I didn't confuse myself. The instructions not being updated on VJ telling me to include the forms when apparently that's no longer necessary is what is confusing. I can't word it any simpler than that ;) 

I not only read the I-129f instruction sheet, I went over it in detail with a highlighter and everything. As you probably know, this is not the most straightforward process and I think it's pretty easy to become a little disoriented and that doesn't mean you're not researching things thoroughly. That's why this forum exists right? We're all a little confused and just want to do it right. No need to get hostile though. 

Not getting upset and not getting hostile either <_< Just getting to the point with what's not needed and what's required to avoid confusing you or other K-1 filers reading this unnecessarily. This will be my last reply to your post and I will refrain from responding to your future posts to avoid misunderstanding.

When you read the VJ K-1 guide. Ignore the forms mentioned because that info is not updated. You only need I-129F and G-1145 when filing a I-129F petition. 

VJ K-1 guide can be referred to on supporting evidences that you can or should attach to your petition for submission. The same guide can be referred to when you are gathering the necessary documents for the K-1 stage. These info are relevant and still usable.

The USCIS I-129F instructions sheet cannot be discounted because you will need to submit every required supporting document or evidence as outlined in it. But obviously the things that don't apply such as a naturalization cert if the US petitioner is a US citizen, then of course you do not need to submit that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.