Kasulia

K1 additional vaccinations after medical examination for AOS

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

I have been emailing with Visa Medicals in Knightsbridge who advise to just submit the DS-3025 I have together with copies of these vaccination records. I'm skeptical that this will be accepted and think I will need a CS here to do me a complete i-693 (Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.) Have managed to speak to one CS office this morning that said they will check the i-693 where it gives these instructions for K-1 visa holders.

What do you think?

I know the clinic in London does not understand AOS and what is acceptable. It’s not just you they are giving wrong info. They have steered K1s wrongly for at least the dozen years I have been around.  The USCIS does not take shot records from your GP.  You have to either be signed off on the DS-3025 from London or get signed off in the US by a civil surgeon on an I-693. The latter is now your only option.  Your only use for your DS-3025 now is to show your civil surgeon as proof of shots along with anything extra you got from your GP regarding MMR. 

If you got a CS office to at least read the instructions pertaining to K1s then that’s a good sign.  Explain that USCIS already has medical documentation that you have been cleared of Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Leprosy, and Tuberculosis. They are not responsible for clearing you for disease or mental health and the onus is on you to prove it to USCIS with your medical exam from London. ALL they have to do is verify your identity and clear you on immunisations. They are not responsible for the rest. 

2 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

I wonder, if the CS will not complete my vaccination record without evidence fo the second MMR vaccine, I could take a serologic test for immunity. This would prove I have had a complete set of vaccines. Chances are it's probably cheaper in dollars to just get another MMR shot.

Some sign off on one shot but I guess you will find out when you see a civil surgeon.   I think another shot is probably cheaper than the blood titre. Done and dusted without waiting for lab reports.

Note: you can do all the I-693 stuff closer to your interview. You may send off your AOS/EAD/AP applications without the I-693. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I know the clinic in London does not understand AOS and what is acceptable. It’s not just you they are giving wrong info. They have steered K1s wrongly for at least the dozen years I have been around.  The USCIS does not take shot records from your GP.  You have to either be signed off on the DS-3025 from London or get signed off in the US by a civil surgeon on an I-693. The latter is now your only option.  Your only use for your DS-3025 now is to show your civil surgeon as proof of shots along with anything extra you got from your GP regarding MMR. 

If you got a CS office to at least read the instructions pertaining to K1s then that’s a good sign.  Explain that USCIS already has medical documentation that you have been cleared of Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Leprosy, and Tuberculosis. They are not responsible for clearing you for disease or mental health and the onus is on you to prove it to USCIS with your medical exam from London. ALL they have to do is verify your identity and clear you on immunisations. They are not responsible for the rest. 

Some sign off on one shot but I guess you will find out when you see a civil surgeon.   I think another shot is probably cheaper than the blood titre. Done and dusted without waiting for lab reports.

Note: you can do all the I-693 stuff closer to your interview. You may send off your AOS/EAD/AP applications without the I-693. 

Thanks for your help and advice. I think I'll still try to submit the i-963 with my AOS regardless. I will post updates here on how I get on with the CS visit. Hopefully my experience documented in this thread will be helpful for others too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, GRASGM said:

Hopefully my experience documented in this thread will be helpful for others too.

Probably not. I have posted this info a gazillion times, as have others. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.