2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, sandranj said:

There is no criteria  why they  schedule  interview or not. 

If they approve on the spot  you wil receive the Gc within 10 days,if they  need to review then they may take 30/60 days to issue the Gc and I saw a few cases they took 6months after  the interview.

I had my interview on January 17th, the IO said that it was approved and I should receive the card within 10-14 days, but until today, I did not receive. 

Maybe they are reviewing my case. 

Hi Guys!

I have my interview on March 22nd this is for the I-485 that my abuser filed for me. He never withdrew the case and now I have been schedule for the interview. I know I have to ask the IO to hold my application until I-360 is approved. But is there anything else i should take? Any of you have any experience with an interview in this situation? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blackangel said:

I had my interview on January 17th, the IO said that it was approved and I should receive the card within 10-14 days, but until today, I did not receive. 

Maybe they are reviewing my case. 

Are you in Boston? I just saw someone who did their interview in lawrence and got approved in Oct, they never heard anything until today the  system said card in production, so you might be more patient.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Are you in Boston? I just saw someone who did their interview in lawrence and got approved in Oct, they never heard anything until today the  system said card in production, so you might be more patient.

Yes, my interview was in Boston. 

Thank you so much for sharing this info. 

🙏🏽

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 11:07 PM, Veronika691 said:

Thank you, Sandranj, and if  you dont mind, please, answer me another questions: in which cases they dont give interview, could they deny GC on interview and why and how much time after the interview they send GC? Thank you in advance

They don't have a criteria to set up interview or not. Yes they can deny the GC when attending the interview but it's very rare, just if some fact came up that USCIS did not know when adjudicated your VAWA, or if you got married before VAWA approval etc...

They usually issue the GC within 10 days after the interview if they approved the AOS on the spot, if not then may take 30 to 60 days, despite I saw a few cases took 6months, but it took long time because USCIS was asking for the background check.

Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, JMercado said:

Hello everybody. I have a question about my VAWA case. I file on 01/30 and I got a letter yesterday, Form I797c notice of action. Is this the prima facie letter that everybody receives or there’s a separate letter other than this notice I got. 

Thank you very much for the answers. And good luck to y’all! 

Yes prima facie is a different letter, but USCIS does not issue to everyone.

Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, Veronika691 said:

Asking for my friend, a lady I got acquainted 2 years ago, she also went through abused nightmare, and we exchanged our bad "experience", her case was approved year ago and she'll have an interview in 2 weeks. While her case for vawa  was pending, she knew that her husband died (overdose), she got news from their friend, her lawyer did not recommend to inform im office at that time. Then the case was approved.

So, Will it be a problem on interview, could  they ask her why she did not say about it earlier? 

She didn't have to inform USCIS that he passed away if the officer did not ask anything about him.

Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, vawaprotectant said:

Hi Can someone help me answer this question. Can a vawa application be denied without a Notice of intent to deny? I reached out to my Congressman and they just told me my case has been recently decided and I should get something in the mail. 

Yes USCIS is not obligated to issue a notice of intent to deny.They must submit an RFE before decision in case they are not convinced that you were abused or had a bonafide marriage.

Timeline
On 2/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Yes it was for qualifying relationship even though i sent lease insurance papers n gym passes n a lot of evidence BUT I WAS MARRIED TWICE WITH THIS PERSON BC I MARRIED 1ST BE4 MY PREVIOUS MARRIAGE FINALIZED..  and also BATTERY AND EXTREME CRUELTY Eventhoug i had police reports but abuse was be4 2nd tine i married him ...and info on my adresses the guy was military so we kept moving n some timeframes dont match :( its been a nightmare  ..... sandraj if u read this i am honestly running out of hope 

Are they asking proof of abuse or abuse and bonafide marriage. To prove abuse the police report you submitted when the marriage was not valid USCIS cannot consider since to file VAWA the person abused has or had to be married to the abuser.If you did not submit proof of the abuse after remarrying  him then USCIS will deny your VAWA.it's not enought just say I was abused you need to prove that you were abused then you should provide  documents such as police report,or shelter letter, hospital history, pictures of the abuse suffered(showing your face) or a psychological evaluation stating the abuse suffered,  and the evaluation must state if you are suffering depression and/or PTSD due to the abuse suffered,if you did not submit any of these documents than USCIS will deny your case.

To prove bonafide marriage you should explain the Courtship in details, since USCIS considers the intent when entering into marriage.Explain all other doccuments you don't have and why not. Get affidafit from your family as well, your mother and at least one sibling if possible and they should explain what they know about your marriage,how in love you were etc...

Edited by sandranj
c

30 minutes ago, sandranj said:

She didn't have to inform USCIS that he passed away if the officer did not ask anything about him.

Thank you, Sandranj, for your prompt answers. I'm so happy that found this site, I got so much useful info here. Only sad that did not find this site before, Thank you, Sandranj again for all your help for people. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

images.jpg

Happy Valentine's day!

I am so relieved. This journey is finally over. I hope and pray you all hear good news soon!

20180214_193915.png

Edited by MommyJ

02/23/16 I-360 and I-765 Cases received

03/14/16 I-612 Waive Foreign Residence Requirements received (J-1 internship)

07/07/16 I-360 Request for additional evidence

07/27/16 I-360 Additional evidence received

09/09/16 I-360 Approved.

12/09/16 I-765 Service request sent

12/15/16 I-765 Approved.

05/26/17 DS-3035 for Hardship waiver sent to DOS to complete I-612 case.

06/16/17 I-612 Received approval notice.

08/15/17 I-485 Case received

09/25/17 Finger print.

10/03/17 My case was transferred to another office for processing.

10/05/17 I got the mail said my case sent to NBC (My case status online is nothing update)

10/10/17 I-131 and I-765 renewal received

11/24/17 Received my work permit with Advance payrole.

12/18/17 I got the mail for my interview in January, 2018.

01/29/18 Interview.

Hi Guys, I hope everything is going well with everyone. Do we need to re-apply when our EAD is about to expire, or will they automatically send us a new one? 

I need your usual urgent response. 

19 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, I hope everything is going well with everyone. Do we need to re-apply when our EAD is about to expire, or will they automatically send us a new one? 

I need your usual urgent response. 

You have to apply to renew it. Do it early as it is taking almost six months to get it.

Hi everyone...... I am just wondering when the interview for I485 adjustment of status because I did my Biometrics on January 24. I am still waiting for my Employment card..... and I am just wondering after biometrics when is the interview for green card?? Anyone can advice here pls.... thank you........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.