2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, natia_n said:

Already 14 months is gone, since my I 360 was sent and still have not got any decision :( GOd give me more patience! :(

Did you do an infopass appointment and see if they have information ? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, D91 said:

Greetings to everyone I have been reading and doing hours of research and numerous amount of calls to help me in this situation called VAWA.   Never filed any document to USCIS however I met my wife over a year and a half we got married in July that resulted in me moving in with her and her family things started off smooth but not until she bought my phone and open bank account for both of us. Things eventually got way possessive. It also got physical I honestly didn’t know what to do but I took a stand the last time she reacted. I called 911 yes I was emabarrasssed,  however the police department guide me to the Domestic Violence Agency who is currently helping me out in every way. Not a lot but it helps  I can’t get any legal help through the state bar association as they said we don’t have kids together and we haven’t married a year yet, also the catholic service they all require money,I don’t have any kind of financial help my wife also closed our bank account makes it even harder to purchase food items. I’m currently staying with a friend of mine because I was kicked out of the house I really need some help. I can not afford a lawyer neither Can I afford to file the forms that I need. Can someone please help here 

If you want my help then I need to see first if you have a vawa case, If you can prove abuse and a  bonafde marriage. 

A lot of people called the  police  but  when  I read the  police  report the reasons stated  were not grounds  for VAWA.After reading  the police  report I will tell if  you will need a psychological  evaluation or  not. 

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi Sandrnj pls help as Got additional evidence request as my child turn 21 and he was covered under my petition and after a week his license and work permit is expiring so now they ate asking his A no which he was using mine for his application now i think i have to apply his i485 separately as now he is 21 also i have to request for fee waiver as in the household of two our combined income is less than $2000 monthly.. our snap was for 1 year but now it stopped so will the Medi-cal  be counted as means tested benefit and also got the receipt of his renewal of i765 saying automatic ext for 180 days but at the same time they want his A no which they know he was using mine.. im so confused now... pls help as no ead no license he is getting depressed..

Are you talking about your VAWA I-360 petition, or I-485 application, or something else?  How can your child use your A Number?

5 minutes ago, sandranj said:

If you want my help then I need to seee first if you have a vawa case, If you can prove abuse and a  bonafde marriage. 

A lot of people called the  police  but  when  I read the  police  report the reasons stated  were not grounds  for VAWA.After reading  the police  report I will tell if  you will need a psychological  evaluation or  not. 

Thanks for that, I didn’t request the report as yet however how do I send the police report to you? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Post from crissM is moved from Site Discussion to the Effects of Major Changes forum and is merged with the "VAWA, Part 9" thread.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your  son has to file his l485 not because  he is 21 but  because  any derivative child inside the  U.S must file l485 after VAWA approval.

How did he get work  permit without having a pending  l485? You said  he was using  your  A number, it  doesn't  make sense what you are saying.He is your  derivative  but  to  have a work permit he  needs to have his own  l485 pending and a different A number.

Yea as he was 17 when i got married and filed i130 then wen i filed i360  he was 19 so i guess he was my derivative so he got it... that’s what i thought but now do i have to file for i485 with supplement A form too not sure about it any help-is appreciated Sandra.. For me you are my savior..thx

Timeline
1 hour ago, crissM said:

I would appreciate if someone can help me regarding my Vawa case.

Filled i-360;I-765;-i- 485 on August 19,2016 in NYC

RFE on Oct 25,2016 send already -good moral

I-765 approved on Oct 15,2016; Prima facia apropved as well.

I renew my I-765 on Nov 19,2017 approved; usicis send a renewal for second prime facia which expires in Jan 2018.

I have not received anything regarding  I-360 or I-485 and is December 2017, is it normal????

I also made an info pass appoiment on December 8,2017 and the imigration officer said they are working on my case;it is over 1 year!!!!!!

What should i expect?

Thanks in advance!

Criss it's not normal because USCIS is already adjudicating the cases received in November and December 2016.You should go to infopass and ask your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.Contact USCIS ombudsman as well.

1 hour ago, natia_n said:

Already 14 months is gone, since my I 360 was sent and still have not got any decision :( GOd give me more patience! :(

YOU should contact your congressperson and go to infopass as well.

26 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Criss it's not normal because USCIS is already adjudicating the cases received in November and December 2016.You should go to infopass and ask your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.Contact USCIS ombudsman as well.

YOU should contact your congressperson and go to infopass as well.

Thank you very much ,Sandra! I already went to the info pass appoiment on December 8,the office lady said to wait until the end of december ,if i dont hear from Uscis i have to filled an e-request.  Which one should i do E-request or ombudsman? Thanks a lot .

Timeline
38 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Yea as he was 17 when i got married and filed i130 then wen i filed i360  he was 19 so i guess he was my derivative so he got it... that’s what i thought but now do i have to file for i485 with supplement A form too not sure about it any help-is appreciated Sandra.. For me you are my savior..thx

USCIS made a mistake issuing the EAD for your son because derivatives of I-360/485 do not receive work permit without submitting their own forms I-485 and I-765. Another mistake is because they gave to your son the same alien number that they gave you. Look for some pro bono attorney in your area to help with his AOS because his case will be very messy now because both of you have same A  number.

Your son doesn't have to file I-485 supplement A because the supplement A is only available to certain individuals filing I-485 based on INA 245( I ).

Timeline
18 minutes ago, crissM said:

Thank you very much ,Sandra! I already went to the info pass appoiment on December 8,the office lady said to wait until the end of december ,if i dont hear from Uscis i have to filled an e-request.  Which one should i do E-request or ombudsman? Thanks a lot .

You can file an e-request and to contact the USCIS ombudsman as well. 

46 minutes ago, crissM said:

If I go to my local USCIS office for info pass, can I find out something over there? Because my i 360 is in Vermont 

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, natia_n said:

No, not yet! but where I have to go? My case is filed to Vermont. If I go to my local USCIS can I find out whats going on? Thanks

You can schedule INFOPASS with field office via this website:
https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Local officers may not be able to give you details regarding your VAWA I-360. They could let you know if there are status changes, RFEs, etc.

Edited by miloy001

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.