2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, sadness1 said:

no chages on the website since aproval, its still on ''case was aproved''

i guess i'll try that, thanks!

17 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

How about contact your congressman for case assistance on your behalf.

thanks!

On 12/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, B.km said:

Update...

July 2016 applied i360

May 2017, i360 approved 

Dec 4, I485 interview 

Dec 8 received approval notice

Dec 11, card was mailed to me 

What is your local office?

Timeline

Hi Sandrnj pls help as Got additional evidence request as my child turn 21 and he was covered under my petition and after a week his license and work permit is expiring so now they ate asking his A no which he was using mine for his application now i think i have to apply his i485 separately as now he is 21 also i have to request for fee waiver as in the household of two our combined income is less than $2000 monthly.. our snap was for 1 year but now it stopped so will the Medi-cal  be counted as means tested benefit and also got the receipt of his renewal of i765 saying automatic ext for 180 days but at the same time they want his A no which they know he was using mine.. im so confused now... pls help as no ead no license he is getting depressed..

Greetings to everyone I have been reading and doing hours of research and numerous amount of calls to help me in this situation called VAWA.   Never filed any document to USCIS however I met my wife over a year and a half we got married in July that resulted in me moving in with her and her family things started off smooth but not until she bought my phone and open bank account for both of us. Things eventually got way possessive. It also got physical I honestly didn’t know what to do but I took a stand the last time she reacted. I called 911 yes I was emabarrasssed,  however the police department guide me to the Domestic Violence Agency who is currently helping me out in every way. Not a lot but it helps  I can’t get any legal help through the state bar association as they said we don’t have kids together and we haven’t married a year yet, also the catholic service they all require money,I don’t have any kind of financial help my wife also closed our bank account makes it even harder to purchase food items. I’m currently staying with a friend of mine because I was kicked out of the house I really need some help. I can not afford a lawyer neither Can I afford to file the forms that I need. Can someone please help here 

Timeline

Also pls help i dont know what to fill in my son i485 form for him as a self prtitioner due to his age turning 21 also in supplement A form of i485 the eligibility criteria so basically no idea what forms i should fill for his aos as previously on my petition and after 13 months passing and for evidence its been a month so dont know can anyone help

On 12/9/2017 at 10:44 AM, Military said:

Hello Everyone

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a minute and I must say the people on here are very friendly supportive and helpful. I have learned from the experiences of many here and I have decided to share my story and timeline.

Filed original i485 with i765  in August of 2016. Had to reschedule interview several times when things got really bad (Verbal, Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse). Contacted USCIS to request that i485 be held in Abeyance.

My Vawa Timeline

Feb 2017 - Filed i360

Feb 2017 - NOA Received

Mar 2017 - Prima Facie Received 

Sep 2017 - Prima Facie extension Received 

Sep 2017 - Applied for EAD renewal (current one expires in Dec)

Sep 2017 - Received 2 NOA's 1. Confirming receipt of i765 app and the other confirming that my biometrics was still good (no need to redo biometrics)

Nov 2017 - Received NOA that i765 app was transferred to Vermont Service Center.

This bit of information may be helpful to others with expiring EAD. I contacted USCIS on the 80th day about the status of my EAD given that my EAD and DL would expire soon. I was told that for category C09 there is an automatic extension so basically, the processing within 90 days is no longer stringently followed. He said this is applicable ONLY for timely filed applications before the expiration of the EAD. With that information, I was able to take the expired EAD and the USCIS NOA receipt for the i765 and use that to renew my drivers' license and maintain my employment. 

I know I have a long way to go because I see that there are persons here that are waiting from September 2016, I am hopeful to start law school in January and use that to pass the time until they get to my application. Best of luck to all the everyone here with their petitions. 

Today on the 90th day I got an update that New Card Is Being Produced. This was great news as my drivers' license was only renewed for a short period of time. Now I wait for an update on the i360 which will probably be a while. Keep the faith guys you will get some good news soon. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, D91 said:

Greetings to everyone I have been reading and doing hours of research and numerous amount of calls to help me in this situation called VAWA.   Never filed any document to USCIS however I met my wife over a year and a half we got married in July that resulted in me moving in with her and her family things started off smooth but not until she bought my phone and open bank account for both of us. Things eventually got way possessive. It also got physical I honestly didn’t know what to do but I took a stand the last time she reacted. I called 911 yes I was emabarrasssed,  however the police department guide me to the Domestic Violence Agency who is currently helping me out in every way. Not a lot but it helps  I can’t get any legal help through the state bar association as they said we don’t have kids together and we haven’t married a year yet, also the catholic service they all require money,I don’t have any kind of financial help my wife also closed our bank account makes it even harder to purchase food items. I’m currently staying with a friend of mine because I was kicked out of the house I really need some help. I can not afford a lawyer neither Can I afford to file the forms that I need. Can someone please help here 

U are able to file VAWA urself with no help from a lawyer. All u have to do is print the necessary form, and ask a lot of questions on here on how to go about filing it. Also, u need evidences and proofs of domestic violence such as police reports, court or order of protections, and other medical or psychological evaluation you might have had for this reason. U need to be able to show marriage was in good faith and not for papers. U need to provide relevant documents such as bank statements, marriage certificate, pictures etc. Anyway, once u are ready ask questions on here and before u know it u will be good to go

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hows it going guys,big day for me,i have my AOS interview,in San Bernardino CA,today at 12,any advice anything I should be worried about,what questions are they going to ask???? little bit nervous!!!!!😞

3 minutes ago, bluelline1039 said:

Hows it going guys,big day for me,i have my AOS interview,in San Bernardino CA,today at 12,any advice anything I should be worried about,what questions are they going to ask???? little bit nervous!!!!!😞

Good Luck, I am confident that everything will go well because you have waited a while and have been prepared fully for this. 

I would appreciate if someone can help me regarding my Vawa case.

Filled i-360;I-765;-i- 485 on August 19,2016 in NYC

RFE on Oct 25,2016 send already -good moral

I-765 approved on Oct 15,2016; Prima facia apropved as well.

I renew my I-765 on Nov 19,2017 approved; usicis send a renewal for second prime facia which expires in Jan 2018.

I have not received anything regarding  I-360 or I-485 and is December 2017, is it normal????

I also made an info pass appoiment on December 8,2017 and the imigration officer said they are working on my case;it is over 1 year!!!!!!

What should i expect?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi Sandrnj pls help as Got additional evidence request as my child turn 21 and he was covered under my petition and after a week his license and work permit is expiring so now they ate asking his A no which he was using mine for his application now i think i have to apply his i485 separately as now he is 21 also i have to request for fee waiver as in the household of two our combined income is less than $2000 monthly.. our snap was for 1 year but now it stopped so will the Medi-cal  be counted as means tested benefit and also got the receipt of his renewal of i765 saying automatic ext for 180 days but at the same time they want his A no which they know he was using mine.. im so confused now... pls help as no ead no license he is getting depressed..

Your  son has to file his l485 not because  he is 21 but  because  any derivative child inside the  U.S must file l485 after VAWA approval.

How did he get work  permit without having a pending  l485? You said  he was using  your  A number, it  doesn't  make sense what you are saying.He is your  derivative  but  to  have a work permit he  needs to have his own  l485 pending and a different A number.

7 minutes ago, natia_n said:

Already 14 months is gone, since my I 360 was sent and still have not got any decision :( GOd give me more patience! :(

You're not alone hang in there.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.