2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, gordon wish said:

yes i did used attorney, i got quick question

i came on C1d visa , can i adjust my status through apprved vawa

Of course, AOS is your purpose to file VAWA I-360. However, you may need to find out if you need to file I-601 or I-601A before filing I-485.
I saw some case on J1 visa, USCIS allow them to file J1 waiver before AOS on approved VAWA, although J1 is not C1D.

Edited by miloy001

Filed: Timeline
13 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

i came on C1d visa , can i adjust my status through apprved vawa

Of course, AOS is your purpose to file VAWA I-360. However, you may need to find out if you need to file I-601 or I-601A before filing I-485.
I saw some case on J1 visa, USCIS allow them to file J1 waiver before AOS on approved VAWA, although J1 is not C1D.

While VSC approved your VAWA I-360, they already considered if a waive would be available to you on AOS (VSC does not need to make sure if the waive will be approved). This implies that, they only approve cases that are potentially qualified for AOS.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

While VSC approved your VAWA I-360, they already considered if a waive would be available to you on AOS (VSC does not need to make sure if the waive will be approved). This implies that, they only approve cases that are potentially qualified for AOS.

Vermont does not adjudicate inadmissibiity,  and when adjudicating a VAWA case VSC will not consider if the person needs a waiver or not because who makes this determination is the local  office.  Since 2016  VSC is not adjudicating  AOS, but the local office. It's possible  to have VAWA approved and  waiver denied because of certain grounds of inadmissibility.

The person that asked about C1d visa  he won't need a waiver, not because his VAWA was approved but because the Immigration Law does not require a waiver  if the person entered with C1d visa and he/she is adjusting status through Vawa .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

EAD Question: Can some one please let me know that recently received his EAD ? how long did it took you from the time it says New Card being produced to the time you got the card in hand?  I read on some other sites that it may take 30 days to 60 days? and some say it takes 2 weeks or less.... i am so confused . My status changed to new card being produced on Nov 8th (22 days ago) still no sign of the card. My address is correct and everything. Thanks

14 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

EAD Question: Can some one please let me know that recently received his EAD ? how long did it took you from the time it says New Card being produced to the time you got the card in hand?  I read on some other sites that it may take 30 days to 60 days? and some say it takes 2 weeks or less.... i am so confused . My status changed to new card being produced on Nov 8th (22 days ago) still no sign of the card. My address is correct and everything. Thanks

I think you may receive it in 2-10 days

15 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

If you don't mind what's your timeline?

Filed: Other Timeline

EAD DENIED 

I am new to posting but been a silent reader for a little while 

SORRY THIS WILL BE A LONG POST HOPEFULLY I WILL MAKE AS DETAIL AS POSSIBLE 

Long story short I had someone help me file my documents for Vawa 

around May 24th ,2017 

we send in i360 & i765 

June 5th - i360 : got a receipt notice fee waived 

june 6th  i765: receipt notice 

for $410 to be pay for my application  she mention to me I shouldn't be paying for this application but just lets send the money and they will send it back I send it in 

June 16th got my receipt notice amount received

June 27th received letter for evidence of applications i360 

Need: abuser is a Us citizenship 

that we are living together 

evidence of abuse 

moral character letter 

that marriage in good faith 

July 26th request for evidence of forms i485 along with forms i765 and copy of the evidence letter by dead inline OCTOBER 21,2017

money was tight took me a little 

August 22nd  send in I485, i131 and a copy of the letter requesting evidence 

i had mention to her from reading this forum was I to also send in all applications of i485,i131 and i765 together  ,she told me it's not need because we already file for the i765  and we just had to send  the original letter for evidence so I didnt argue because she been helping people file documents for over some years 

October 6 receive  biometric appointment for October 24th 

I was thinking finally something looking up 

REMIND YOU NOW I STILL HAVENT NOT SEND IN MY EVIDENCE  MY I360 (Vawa)

i have gather this I thing is need,I have no police report, but I do have many picture I documented of the abuse,moral character letters,letters from friends and family about the relationship,police clearance, bank staments bills ect 

she keep telling me I have time 

November 24th Decision of i765 denied 

basically it's saying I didn't send in all the evidence that was required by the expiration date of October 21st 

and it also indicated that I did file for the i485 on September 11

I don't know what to do 

it saying the decision may not be appeal but if I think it was incorrect for me to submit form 1-290b with in 33  days of the notice 

HELP ME SOMEONE PLZ 

Edited by chrisflow

2 hours ago, chrisflow said:

EAD DENIED 

I am new to posting but been a silent reader for a little while 

SORRY THIS WILL BE A LONG POST HOPEFULLY I WILL MAKE AS DETAIL AS POSSIBLE 

Long story short I had someone help me file my documents for Vawa 

around May 24th ,2017 

we send in i360 & i765 

June 5th - i360 : got a receipt notice fee waived 

june 6th  i765: receipt notice 

for $410 to be pay for my application  she mention to me I shouldn't be paying for this application but just lets send the money and they will send it back I send it in 

June 16th got my receipt notice amount received

June 27th received letter for evidence of applications i360 

Need: abuser is a Us citizenship 

that we are living together 

evidence of abuse 

moral character letter 

that marriage in good faith 

July 26th request for evidence of forms i485 along with forms i765 and copy of the evidence letter by dead inline OCTOBER 21,2017

money was tight took me a little 

August 22nd  send in I485, i131 and a copy of the letter requesting evidence 

i had mention to her from reading this forum was I to also send in all applications of i485,i131 and i765 together  ,she told me it's not need because we already file for the i765  and we just had to send  the original letter for evidence so I didnt argue because she been helping people file documents for over some years 

October 6 receive  biometric appointment for October 24th 

I was thinking finally something looking up 

REMIND YOU NOW I STILL HAVENT NOT SEND IN MY EVIDENCE  MY I360 (Vawa)

i have gather this I thing is need,I have no police report, but I do have many picture I documented of the abuse,moral character letters,letters from friends and family about the relationship,police clearance, bank staments bills ect 

she keep telling me I have time 

November 24th Decision of i765 denied 

basically it's saying I didn't send in all the evidence that was required by the expiration date of October 21st 

and it also indicated that I did file for the i485 on September 11

I don't know what to do 

it saying the decision may not be appeal but if I think it was incorrect for me to submit form 1-290b with in 33  days of the notice 

HELP ME SOMEONE PLZ 

1. Stop being helped by this person.

2. What category did you file your I-765 under?

3. Have you submitted the additional I-360 documents?

I will let others chip in but honestly you may have to start everything over. And this time get a lawyer or do serious research.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, ahmad- said:

Mine took 3 days

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, sunkissed1 said:

Hello folks, I sent a request in to the local police for my police report and it was returned to me stating they need social security number to process Immigration n visa arrest letters”. I don’t have a social, can anyone shed light on this for me? Thank you

Why don't you get fingerprints, from a state police.  I sent my police report from my local police (my town) and they sent me a rfe for good moral character.  So I went and got it from the state police.

41 minutes ago, 81soalk said:

Why don't you get fingerprints, from a state police.  I sent my police report from my local police (my town) and they sent me a rfe for good moral character.  So I went and got it from the state police.

Ok will look into that. This is from a previous state I lived at though...I’m not sure how I can get them to do a fingerprint given that I’m no longer residing in that state. Unless I travel back to get it done🤔

4 hours ago, sunkissed1 said:

Hello folks, I sent a request in to the local police for my police report and it was returned to me stating they need social security number to process Immigration n visa arrest letters”. I don’t have a social, can anyone shed light on this for me? Thank you

hi, you just dont go to any police station, its usually don in police head office, call there and simply ask them

where you can get a good moral character certificate, its always a specific location, not just any location

they only ask any picture ID or passport, if you even dont have that, they accept letter from lawyer, just search

the location, it wont be any problem

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, sunkissed1 said:

Ok will look into that. This is from a previous state I lived at though...I’m not sure how I can get them to do a fingerprint given that I’m no longer residing in that state. Unless I travel back to get it done🤔

Check if you have one of this near you, thats where the state police sent me and i paid like 40 and they work with many states  https://www.identogo.com/services/live-scan-fingerprinting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.