2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, Juta said:

My timeline is  close to yours. My i360 was received on November 15th. I had one RFE for "Good conduct". I am currently awaiting my 3rd Prima facie :(

Mine was received Nov 8th 2016, no RFEs yet.  This wait is intense. D:

Edited by MsVi2

6 hours ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Timeline

I360 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016
I485 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016
1765 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016 under c31
1797 prima facie 1st NOVEMBER 10 2016
Biometrics DECEMBER 5TH  2016
1797 prima facie 2nd MAY 12TH 2017
I797 prima facie 3rd NOVEMBER 9TH 2017

:( and waiting still .. the new prima facie extension its only 60 days though anyone had the same situation before?? No rfe so far 

Why have you not applied for form I765 c9?

Timeline
7 hours ago, rayofhope said:

Hi ..

i have sent response for Rfe by usps express mail and they received it next day on Nov 16 , 2017 but till now there is no update on website i m worried as it will be closed for thx giving and if they don’t see my case will they not consider as the deadline is Nov 24, 2017.. pls need help as if this packet is missed im nowhere

I have replied my RFE on 11/1, mailed USPS PRIORITY.  USPS showing delivered, but takes 7-8 days after package delivered , USCIS website showing they receive response to RFE. the date they  posted online is not the delivery date. 

I think you have the proof of delivery and  be patience for  the 7-8 days is normal process time. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Timeline

I360 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016
I485 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016
1765 recieved NOVEMBER 3 2016 under c31
1797 prima facie 1st NOVEMBER 10 2016
Biometrics DECEMBER 5TH  2016
1797 prima facie 2nd MAY 12TH 2017
I797 prima facie 3rd NOVEMBER 9TH 2017

:( and waiting still .. the new prima facie extension its only 60 days though anyone had the same situation before?? No rfe so far 

I have my 3rd prima facie as well, only valid for 60 days.

Did you get your  2nd and 3rd prima facie automatically renewed ?  or you requested extension for that?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Noreeh1 said:

Why have you not applied for form I765 c9?

I found out about it too late my lawyer thougt it was better just to wait 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, ILvisajourney said:

I have my 3rd prima facie as well, only valid for 60 days.

Did you get your  2nd and 3rd prima facie automatically renewed ?  or you requested extension for that?

i requested it 

Thanks for your reply. It is c9. I’ve already done a SR, which they completed. And my guess is that they will say it is within regular processing time. 

I’ve also reached to my Congressman, his office has been very responsive and helpful. Waiting on them too. 

Wondering how long others have been waiting. 

Edited by escape

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

I do have one serious question,  after reading so many comments on this forum about work permit  ( the c9 and c31) it got me thinking, because my attorney filed mine with c31 which means I have to wait for my i360 to be approved.  My problem is, the wait is killing me and I told my attorney about the difference but she said she didn't make any mistake that the category c31 is right 4 me, but I have been reading and many people are filing c9. Please  what should I do, can I file a new one myself with the category c9 or I should wait after all February case is almost round the corner.  Thanks

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, escape said:

Thanks for your reply. It is c9. I’ve already done a SR, which they completed. And my guess is that they will say it is within regular processing time. 

I’ve also reached to my Congressman, his office has been very responsive and helpful. Waiting on them too. 

Wondering how long others have been waiting. 

I assume that you have a pending I-485, correct? And have you done the biometrics yet? Usually EAD will come right after your biometrics appointment.

25 minutes ago, Butterbee01 said:

I do have one serious question,  after reading so many comments on this forum about work permit  ( the c9 and c31) it got me thinking, because my attorney filed mine with c31 which means I have to wait for my i360 to be approved.  My problem is, the wait is killing me and I told my attorney about the difference but she said she didn't make any mistake that the category c31 is right 4 me, but I have been reading and many people are filing c9. Please  what should I do, can I file a new one myself with the category c9 or I should wait after all February case is almost round the corner.  Thanks

This is a simple question although may be serious to you.

If you filed I-485, or you have a pending I-485, you should file I-765 under C9 to get EAD in 60-90 days.

If you are not qualified to file I-485 or do not want to file I-485, you may file I-765 under C31, which will be approved after the approval of your I-360.

So if you have a pending I-485, ask your attorney to file another I-765 under C9, including a copy of I-485 receipt.

Edited by miloy001

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
10 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

This is a simple question although may be serious to you.

If you filed I-485, or you have a pending I-485, you should file I-765 under C9 to get EAD in 60-90 days.

If you are not qualified to file I-485 or do not want to file I-485, you may file I-765 under C31, which will be approved after the approval of your I-360.

So if you have a pending I-485, ask your attorney to file another I-765 under C9, including a copy of I-485 receipt.

Yes my attorney did file  i360 together with i485 and i756 but she is saying that bcos it is vawa my category is supposed to be c31. So what I am asking is can I file it myself as she do not want to file it. And thanks 4 ur respond.

7 minutes ago, Butterbee01 said:

Yes my attorney did file  i360 together with i485 and i756 but she is saying that bcos it is vawa my category is supposed to be c31. So what I am asking is can I file it myself as she do not want to file it. And thanks 4 ur respond.

Yes, you can file multiple I-765 and you should be able to file yourself as long as you have a copy of I-485 receipt notice, a copy of I-765 (c31) receipt notice and other supporting document, and if your attorney won't be angry with you :-)

I-765 is based on other primary applications, such as I-485,  I-360, I-589, etc. and you can file on any qualified primary application. In your case, of course, you want to file I-765 based on the pending I-485 to get EAD quick.

On 11/20/2017 at 9:42 AM, bold said:

How soon do u get ur work permit EAD after biometric? Anyone?

I believe this is is one million dollar question.

—There is no straight answer for it.  

I’ve been waiting more than 100 days from my receipt and about 30 days after biometrics. I’ve raised SR and reached to my Congressman. Nothing so far. But with God’s help, I know I’ll have my EAD soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.