wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Nadim said:

If you received message from US Embassy then you passport is ready for pick up.I received  message last night and i just called EMPOST  they said ready for pick up. 

EMPOST  CONTACT  600 599999

They will ask you for your tracking number  and your name.

Update: So, we received an e-mail from visa-info saying that US Consulate released some documents to courier Empost. They gave us a tracking number and said it may be 24 hours before the package is available for pickup. The e-mail also instructed not to call post office, rather monitor package via tracking number. 

It seems like I will get a notification that the package is available for pickup. Will keep you guys posted as I find out more. 

1 hour ago, shahnam0716 said:

Update: So, we received an e-mail from visa-info saying that US Consulate released some documents to courier Empost. They gave us a tracking number and said it may be 24 hours before the package is available for pickup. The e-mail also instructed not to call post office, rather monitor package via tracking number. 

It seems like I will get a notification that the package is available for pickup. Will keep you guys posted as I find out more. 

congratulation sis!.now i am worry mine which was same date when u did too,but nothing change :(.

10 hours ago, dady12 said:

what happen during ypir interview ?they the embassy ask for any document and do the co say to you that you are approved?

yes CO said I was approved, gave me the documents for my rights in the US and how to pay for the green card, but then said there is some necessary admin processing and that I would receive an email to fill out a form (ds5535) and until today I just get updates and its still under "admin processing"

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, Nextlevel said:

yes CO said I was approved, gave me the documents for my rights in the US and how to pay for the green card, but then said there is some necessary admin processing and that I would receive an email to fill out a form (ds5535) and until today I just get updates and its still under "admin processing"

just be patieny as I 've seen this in the past and they will send you email for pick up,they might just be doing for additional verification on documents u submitted

Salaam All,

My husbands interview was scheduled for April 3rd, 2018 at 8 am.

We booked a room at the Premier Inn hotel which is about a 4-6 minute drive to the US embassy in Abu Dhabi. We reached the embassy at 5:55 am and we were the first in line. There are 2 sets of benches. One for immigrant visas, and one for non-immigrant visas.

We sat on the benches for immigrant visa. My husband had all of his documents in a file and we used the NMC medical exam bag that was given to carry all the files to the embassy and the embassy security said it was fine. We waited until 6:30 until another couple showed up and joined us on the bench. As we waited, more and more people began to arrive. At about 7:00, there were about 50 people in line. So its a good idea to go as early as possible. 

At 7:10 the security guards arrived and reminded everyone that bags are not allowed inside the embassy. He said he will inform us when to line up. At 7: 20 he called everyone to line up and i waved goodbye to my husband. Spouses are not allowed inside the embassy, but I wanted to wait for my husband so I waited on the benches. Before entering the doors, my husband was asked for his appointment letter and passport. Once cleared, he went through the doors, where he passed security. He walked through to the next building where he really admired the greenery. When he entered he next building he was asked for his civil documents (marriage, birth certificate and police clearance). They asked him a few questions regarding the documents. Then he was called for his bio metrics, which is where they will scan your finger prints. 

Next, he was called for his interview. He was lucky enough to have his interview inside the private room instead of the counters. A young lady was sitting behind the window. He greeted her and began to ask many questions. She basically asked questions that are specific to our case. She asked about how we met, where we got married, how we got married, she asked about my parents (husbands in laws), where he will be living in the US, what does he intend to do in the US, she asked about his studies and what he majored in, How many years was he studying in Malaysia, and she asked about my husbands previous student-visa rejections. 

All the questions that were asked, were questions that are basic to your relationship. The questions are all the type of questions you will know the answers to but you just have to tell the truth and be confident! 

They didn't ask my husband to show them ANY documents! We were so well prepared with everything! They didn't ask for any proofs or pictures of any sort. 

The CO was very kind. After she completed her questions, she handed my husband a little slip and said congratulations! The slip mentions that the visa has been approved and to wait for passport to be delivered. 

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. My husband went in at 7:30 am and was out by 8:50 am! 

Alhumdolillah for the happy ending. I would sincerely like to thank Visa Journey for making helping us throughout this dreadful process. Although it involves a lot patience, believe me, it will come to an end....and a happy one inshAllah. So stay strong and patient! Thank you to all the members who responded to my questions and for taking the time to help me out. And thanks to the members of the "Abu Dhabi Delay Group". I hope the pace stays the same so we can change the name of the forum lol. Best of Luck to everyone! Praying for your quick and positive visa journey! Let me know if you have any questions!

16 minutes ago, ZnM said:

Salaam All,

My husbands interview was scheduled for April 3rd, 2018 at 8 am.

We booked a room at the Premier Inn hotel which is about a 4-6 minute drive to the US embassy in Abu Dhabi. We reached the embassy at 5:55 am and we were the first in line. There are 2 sets of benches. One for immigrant visas, and one for non-immigrant visas.

We sat on the benches for immigrant visa. My husband had all of his documents in a file and we used the NMC medical exam bag that was given to carry all the files to the embassy and the embassy security said it was fine. We waited until 6:30 until another couple showed up and joined us on the bench. As we waited, more and more people began to arrive. At about 7:00, there were about 50 people in line. So its a good idea to go as early as possible. 

At 7:10 the security guards arrived and reminded everyone that bags are not allowed inside the embassy. He said he will inform us when to line up. At 7: 20 he called everyone to line up and i waved goodbye to my husband. Spouses are not allowed inside the embassy, but I wanted to wait for my husband so I waited on the benches. Before entering the doors, my husband was asked for his appointment letter and passport. Once cleared, he went through the doors, where he passed security. He walked through to the next building where he really admired the greenery. When he entered he next building he was asked for his civil documents (marriage, birth certificate and police clearance). They asked him a few questions regarding the documents. Then he was called for his bio metrics, which is where they will scan your finger prints. 

Next, he was called for his interview. He was lucky enough to have his interview inside the private room instead of the counters. A young lady was sitting behind the window. He greeted her and began to ask many questions. She basically asked questions that are specific to our case. She asked about how we met, where we got married, how we got married, she asked about my parents (husbands in laws), where he will be living in the US, what does he intend to do in the US, she asked about his studies and what he majored in, How many years was he studying in Malaysia, and she asked about my husbands previous student-visa rejections. 

All the questions that were asked, were questions that are basic to your relationship. The questions are all the type of questions you will know the answers to but you just have to tell the truth and be confident! 

They didn't ask my husband to show them ANY documents! We were so well prepared with everything! They didn't ask for any proofs or pictures of any sort. 

The CO was very kind. After she completed her questions, she handed my husband a little slip and said congratulations! The slip mentions that the visa has been approved and to wait for passport to be delivered. 

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. My husband went in at 7:30 am and was out by 8:50 am! 

Alhumdolillah for the happy ending. I would sincerely like to thank Visa Journey for making helping us throughout this dreadful process. Although it involves a lot patience, believe me, it will come to an end....and a happy one inshAllah. So stay strong and patient! Thank you to all the members who responded to my questions and for taking the time to help me out. And thanks to the members of the "Abu Dhabi Delay Group". I hope the pace stays the same so we can change the name of the forum lol. Best of Luck to everyone! Praying for your quick and positive visa journey! Let me know if you have any questions!

congratulations 

Hello everyone, im so sad nothing is happening with our case. My case is so old n still the embassy is not even working on it. The last update was march 12 which i sent a letter to the embassy n thats y it was updated not because they worked on my case. I think the day they worked on the case was last feb 20. Plz tell me what should i do as im soo stressed out for this long wait. My husband’s interview was last year in january 2017 but held visa for one year. So from feb 4 this AP started. 

Edited by NLZZLN

12 hours ago, NLZZLN said:

Hello everyone, im so sad nothing is happening with our case. My case is so old n still the embassy is not even working on it. The last update was march 12 which i sent a letter to the embassy n thats y it was updated not because they worked on my case. I think the day they worked on the case was last feb 20. Plz tell me what should i do as im soo stressed out for this long wait. My husband’s interview was last year in january 2017 but held visa for one year. So from feb 4 this AP started. 

I would advice you to contact your senator or congressman,explain to them that u got the approvah before but asked the embassy to keep the visa until a year just as u previously stated,it might be the person who approved  it then is no longer in charge of it,senator can be of help at this time

Edited by dady12

On 4/4/2018 at 2:25 PM, Nadim said:

Thank you. 

u welcome..brother i want to know my case stil AP ididnt get email yet or anynews i sent then last week28 march.so should i call them or wait?

6 hours ago, Ansara David said:

u welcome..brother i want to know my case stil AP ididnt get email yet or anynews i sent then last week28 march.so should i call them or wait?

Give them some time and wait until Thursday.

I hope you will get a good news soon.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:16 AM, NLZZLN said:

I would contact your senator and explain the situation to them. They can send an inquiry to the embassy on your behalf. Thankfully I didn’t have to get this done for our case. But i have heard from other people that going to senator may be helpful. 

Hello People, I am glad to find this group. I also live in UAE and my case is in NVC sending the required documents this weekend. Hopefully should have my husbands interview next month. fingers crossed 

11 hours ago, shahnam0716 said:

I would contact your senator and explain the situation to them. They can send an inquiry to the embassy on your behalf. Thankfully I didn’t have to get this done for our case. But i have heard from other people that going to senator may be helpful. 

I think the senator doesnt do anything. They just email n gets they same response that we get but i will definitely contact the senator. Thank u 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.