3ala2masri

Family Attend Wedding

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello VJ !

So I came to USA on K1 fiance visa and got married and now I'm waiting a mail from USCIS to attend the AOS interview. My wedding is gonna be in November and I want my family to come and attend.

so I applied for my family: Mother (divorced), two sisters and their husbands and their kids (all kids are under 14 years old so no need to attend interview). I have my older brother but I didn't apply for him because he cant travel due to his new job.

I listed all their names in each DS-160 application in the "Persons Traveling with you". for example in my mom's application I put everyone else "2 daughters and their husbands and their kids" and same for each application.

In the "US contact Information" I put my name and the address of my wife's family where I'm also living in until we move to our house after wedding.

When scheduling an appointment for the interview, I used my sister's email to sign in the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ website. 

I added everyone else as dependents so all of them will be considered as a group and because that's the reality. They are all traveling together so I made sure to be honest and just put everything as is because I know lying can cause denial.

They went to the interview and they asked them mostly about me and my status here and if I have a job. I emailed them my marriage certificate and my EAD card as proof of status. Also they asked them about their jobs. They didn't ask for any economical ties (houses,cars,schools,bank statements....).

In the end they told them that they cant issue a visa for them because:

1- I am not well established here in USA (that's so weird because I just got my EAD and I'm searching for a job so how I'm gonna be established and since when this was a requirement for any family to come attend their relative wedding ??)

2- Not enough ties to home country.

My first question:

I will say my analysis and please comment: I believe the mistake I did is applying for EVERYONE and this way I left no FAMILY TIES. I just considered economical ties because my sisters and their husbands are paying house mortgages and they have jobs and their kids go to school and also one husband has good travel history (work purpose) to 5 countries in Europe and the other one has the Canadian citizenship (I know he could travel to US using his passport but he doesn't have a valid one and it takes time so we decided to just apply for a visa for him). 

So I totally forgot that they have no more family ties and this is the most important thing when applying for a tourism visa.

Do you believe this is why they got denied ? 

My second question:

I want to reapply but this time I will just apply for my: Mother, sister and her one kid and my other sister alone. so This way my first sister has her husband and her other kid there and my second sister has her husband and her 2 kids left in the home country. My mom lives with her mom because her husband (my grandpa) is dead and my mother is the only single daughter so she can stay and take care of her especially my grandma is old and sick. My older brother is also single and he lives so close to my grandma's house so he also needs my mom to take care of him (cook, clean, wash clothes....).

Do you think this way they will get approved and do u recommend that I schedule an interview for them as a group ? 

Also do you think I should put my father-in-law as the US contact in the DS-160 since I live in his house and this way they shouldn't care if I'm well established or not since my family will come live at his house. He will write an invitation letter and send it to the embassy by EMAIL and also will print and sign it and then scan it and Email it to my sister so she can print it out and take it with her to the interview.

Sorry for the long paragraphs and Thank you so much for helping.

Edited by 3ala2masri

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Does look like they were all moving to the US.

First thing with a new application would be to review the old application so I doubt most of that matters.

They applied by the way, you may have helped with the forms.

Obvious option would be to have your November celebration back home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, 3ala2masri said:

Hello VJ !

So I came to USA on K1 fiance visa and got married and now I'm waiting a mail from USCIS to attend the AOS interview. My wedding is gonna be in November and I want my family to come and attend.

so I applied for my family: Mother (divorced), two sisters and their husbands and their kids (all kids are under 14 years old so no need to attend interview). I have my older brother but I didn't apply for him because he cant travel due to his new job.

I listed all their names in each DS-160 application in the "Persons Traveling with you". for example in my mom's application I put everyone else "2 daughters and their husbands and their kids" and same for each application.

In the "US contact Information" I put my name and the address of my wife's family where I'm also living in until we move to our house after wedding.

When scheduling an appointment for the interview, I used my sister's email to sign in the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ website. 

I added everyone else as dependents so all of them will be considered as a group and because that's the reality. They are all traveling together so I made sure to be honest and just put everything as is because I know lying can cause denial.

They went to the interview and they asked them mostly about me and my status here and if I have a job. I emailed them my marriage certificate and my EAD card as proof of status. Also they asked them about their jobs. They didn't ask for any economical ties (houses,cars,schools,bank statements....).

In the end they told them that they cant issue a visa for them because:

1- I am not well established here in USA (that's so weird because I just got my EAD and I'm searching for a job so how I'm gonna be established and since when this was a requirement for any family to come attend their relative wedding ??)

2- Not enough ties to home country.

My first question:

I will say my analysis and please comment: I believe the mistake I did is applying for EVERYONE and this way I left no FAMILY TIES. I just considered economical ties because my sisters and their husbands are paying house mortgages and they have jobs and their kids go to school and also one husband has good travel history (work purpose) to 5 countries in Europe and the other one has the Canadian citizenship (I know he could travel to US using his passport but he doesn't have a valid one and it takes time so we decided to just apply for a visa for him). 

So I totally forgot that they have no more family ties and this is the most important thing when applying for a tourism visa.

Do you believe this is why they got denied ? 

My second question:

I want to reapply but this time I will just apply for my: Mother, sister and her one kid and my other sister alone. so This way my first sister has her husband and her other kid there and my second sister has her husband and her 2 kids left in the home country. My mom lives with her mom because her husband (my grandpa) is dead and my mother is the only single daughter so she can stay and take care of her especially my grandma is old and sick. My older brother is also single and he lives so close to my grandma's house so he also needs my mom to take care of him (cook, clean, wash clothes....).

Do you think this way they will get approved and do u recommend that I schedule an interview for them as a group ? 

Also do you think I should put my father-in-law as the US contact in the DS-160 since I live in his house and this way they shouldn't care if I'm well established or not since my family will come live at his house. He will write an invitation letter and send it to the embassy by EMAIL and also will print and sign it and then scan it and Email it to my sister so she can print it out and take it with her to the interview.

Sorry for the long paragraphs and Thank you so much for helping.

These people will never be approved in this manner. They can apply for tourist visas as individuals but they will each have to prove strong ties to their country. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do not think it matters

That would be a negative. They need to show why they need to leave.

1 hour ago, 3ala2masri said:

Please just answer my questions precisely and justify any opinion you give. If I could have the wedding in my home country I wouldn't be posting this to begin with.

You said you were married?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.