Jasmayne

After 4 months the very same noa1 received like back in April

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone!

First of allcongratulations to all of you that got approved yet and good luck to those that are still waiting.

Also I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything about it.

So today my soon to be father in law called my finance to tell him he got mail from uscis, of course he was getting all excited and told his dad to just email it to him so.

And it was : the exact same copy of noa 1 we got back in april😢

He called uscis and they were willing to let him talk to a tier to, but will receive a call back in! 394! Minutes... Seriously?

Anyhow I can not find anything about this topic on here. Maybe some of you read about it or are in that same situation and can help me to put my mind at rest. Any help would be appreciated. 

Good luck, you guys are awesome!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE this isn't the NOA2? It should arrive somewhere around 4-6 months from the time of NOA1. I mean they look completely different though, so it's hard to mix these up.

NOA1 for us was received one week after we submitted the application. Only one week. NOA2 came 4 months after that.

Might be worth the 6 and a half hour call back time!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Peot said:

Are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE this isn't the NOA2? It should arrive somewhere around 4-6 months from the time of NOA1. I mean they look completely different though, so it's hard to mix these up.

NOA1 for us was received one week after we submitted the application. Only one week. NOA2 came 4 months after that.

Might be worth the 6 and a half hour call back time!

Hello 😊

It really is the exact same copy of our noa1 we got back in april. 

Luckily we received a call back within  an hour and a tier 2 officer told us we were approved just now... 

I still don't have an answer why we got a second noa1 when our case got approved like a few days later, but honestly didn't ask because I was so happy to be approved. 

What a hell of a Rollercoaster ride that hour was. 

Your finally get that golden letter only to find out its another noa1 : bummer, waiting for a call for 390 minutes : bummer, being told you're approved after only 60 minutes : priceless.

Thank you for your reply though and good luck to you on what ever part of your journey you may be right now 

Timeline
On 8/16/2017 at 2:10 AM, Jasmayne said:

Hello 😊

It really is the exact same copy of our noa1 we got back in april. 

Luckily we received a call back within  an hour and a tier 2 officer told us we were approved just now... 

I still don't have an answer why we got a second noa1 when our case got approved like a few days later, but honestly didn't ask because I was so happy to be approved. 

What a hell of a Rollercoaster ride that hour was. 

Your finally get that golden letter only to find out its another noa1 : bummer, waiting for a call for 390 minutes : bummer, being told you're approved after only 60 minutes : priceless.

Thank you for your reply though and good luck to you on what ever part of your journey you may be right now 

I have no idea how their workflow goes, but it could all come down to a simple checkbox. The person handling the case may have sent NOA1 instead of NOA2 by complete and honest mistake. 

Note that you will need the WAC number from the NOA2, so hopefully you were able to obtain that over the phone :)

As well, it's handy to know the NOA2 expiry date, as the interview MUST be completed before that date.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Peot said:

I have no idea how their workflow goes, but it could all come down to a simple checkbox. The person handling the case may have sent NOA1 instead of NOA2 by complete and honest mistake. 

Note that you will need the WAC number from the NOA2, so hopefully you were able to obtain that over the phone :)

As well, it's handy to know the NOA2 expiry date, as the interview MUST be completed before that date.

I was thinking the same, maybe they printed the wrong noa by accident, but that wouldn't add up to the fact that tier 2 said we got approved on the very day the letter got to my fiances dad. I guess we'll never know. 

What do you mean, I need the WAC number from the noa2? From my understanding i got the WAC number as of noa1 until it gets to the nvc where we'll be provided with a new case number, or am I tracking this wrong?

I've heard about the expiry date, and will double and triple check to make sure that this is not gonna happen, thank your for your advice, though. I truly appreciate it. 

And again thank you for your input and taking time to get back at me. 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jasmayne said:

I was thinking the same, maybe they printed the wrong noa by accident, but that wouldn't add up to the fact that tier 2 said we got approved on the very day the letter got to my fiances dad. I guess we'll never know. 

What do you mean, I need the WAC number from the noa2? From my understanding i got the WAC number as of noa1 until it gets to the nvc where we'll be provided with a new case number, or am I tracking this wrong?

I've heard about the expiry date, and will double and triple check to make sure that this is not gonna happen, thank your for your advice, though. I truly appreciate it. 

And again thank you for your input and taking time to get back at me. 😊

Oh does the NOA1 have the WAC number? It's been so long since I saw mine, I can't remember for the life of me what it showed. I thought NOA2 was the first time you get that number. My mistake! 

The next confirmation number you'll get is from the NVC in the form of an email (if you provided email). It will show your embassy case number and WAC number. The petitioner receives this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.