JimandChristy

Trump lashes out at black CEO who quits council

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, charmander said:

oh...Soup CEO just resigned too.

Great! I'd hate to chuck my Warhol's in the trash can!

"Following yesterday's remarks from the president, I cannot remain on the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative," Morrison said in a statement. "I will continue to support all efforts to spur economic growth and advocate for the values that have always made America great."

Morrison said "racism and murder are unequivocally reprehensible and are not morally equivalent to anything else that happened in Charlottesville." She said she thinks Trump should have been and still needs to be "unambiguous on that point."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/campbell-ceo-resigns-from-trumps-manufacturing-council.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, charmander said:

It will soon become a band of defense industry CEOs.

oh we few, we happy few , we band of brothers;

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Oh my.

Donnie's throwing his bike out of the window.

latest:

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing&Stategy&Policy Forum I am ending both. Thank you all!

bwahaha!

:dance:

This was just yesterday " For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS! "

Timeline
17 minutes ago, charmander said:

:dance:

This was just yesterday " For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS! "

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/business/trumps-council-ceos.html

saddo is now retweeting crooked Jacob Wohl!

Just in: VP Pence is ending his international trip early, coming home tomorrow.

:ph34r:

Trump is like the unpopular kid trying to host a birthday party at school.

At first when the cool kids all pull out he gets defensive.... "I have sooo many cool people lining up to come to my party. I don't need any of you!"

Then as even more say they aren't coming he quickly backpedals.... "I'm not even going to have a party. Party's are stupid. Never wanted one."

Edited by bcking

Yesterday Trump said this about people leaving the council:

"Because they are not taking their job seriously as it pertains to this country. We want jobs, manufacturing in this country. If you look at some of those people that you're talking about, they're outside of the country. They're having a lot of their product made outside. If you look at Merck as an example. Take a look where — excuse me, excuse me. Take a look at where their product is made. It's made outside of our country. We want products made in the country. Now, I have to tell you, some of the folks that will leave, they are leaving out of embarrassment because they make their products outside and I've been lecturing them, including the gentleman that you're referring to, about you have to bring it back to this country. You can't do it necessarily in Ireland and all of these other places. You have to bring this work back to this country. That's what I want. I want manufacturing to be back into the United States so that American workers can benefit."

(Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/read-the-transcript-of-donald-trumps-jaw-dropping-press-conference.html)

Perhaps the council has been disbanded now out of embarrassment when Trump realized that his own businesses manufacturer plenty of things outside the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/17/made-in-america-week-donald-trump-businesses

Edited by bcking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Just in: VP Pence is ending his international trip early, coming home tomorrow.

Pence doesn't wanna miss the party just in case the 25th amdt is invoked.

Timeline
1 minute ago, charmander said:

Pence doesn't wanna miss the party just in case the 25th amdt is invoked.

Must have done something to upset "Mother"!! 

In Chile he said "I stand with the president"

his inauguration will be even smaller than Donnie's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon sends email to employees saying he personally supported disbanding the forum, and "I strongly disagree with President Trump's reaction to events that took place in Charlotsville."

when you've lost Dimon...

3 hours ago, bcking said:

I loved Trump's response yesterday to all of these resignations.

Apparently they are all resigning because they are manufacturing things outside the USA. The CEO's are just embarassed about that, that is why they are resigning! Don't listen to them actually give you their reason. That's totally "fake news".

Is a representative from any of Trump's businesses on the council? Ivanka Trump? Doesn't Trump make his clothing in China?

Irony is most of Trump's own products are made outside of the USA. Just goes to show how the man has no integrity.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
1 hour ago, bcking said:

Yesterday Trump said this about people leaving the council:

"Because they are not taking their job seriously as it pertains to this country. We want jobs, manufacturing in this country. If you look at some of those people that you're talking about, they're outside of the country. They're having a lot of their product made outside. If you look at Merck as an example. Take a look where — excuse me, excuse me. Take a look at where their product is made. It's made outside of our country. We want products made in the country. Now, I have to tell you, some of the folks that will leave, they are leaving out of embarrassment because they make their products outside and I've been lecturing them, including the gentleman that you're referring to, about you have to bring it back to this country. You can't do it necessarily in Ireland and all of these other places. You have to bring this work back to this country. That's what I want. I want manufacturing to be back into the United States so that American workers can benefit."

(Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/read-the-transcript-of-donald-trumps-jaw-dropping-press-conference.html)

Perhaps the council has been disbanded now out of embarrassment when Trump realized that his own businesses manufacturer plenty of things outside the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/17/made-in-america-week-donald-trump-businesses

If Trump's company doesn't play by their rules to lower overhead to lower the price to reach consumer satisfaction, he sells nothing.

Not a situation where one can go bankrupt and change things at the same time. Soon as these FTA's were passed, advantage was heavily in favor of outsourcing.

Edited by IAMX