78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
...but does anyone have an answer to the problem of the mover having to leave his/her name in each thread they move?

I agree that this is a drawback. Maybe Ewok knows of a way to automaticaly generate a post when a thread is moved.

OMG-- please say you are kidding.. isn't the idea less posts?

No way movers should have to put their names on the move, either. This isn't a democracy. If Ewok and his Army say 'this is how it is' .. oh I'm not getting into all this again.

LOL. No I wasn't kidding though. Maybe it's a non-issue, but I thought that there was some concern that simply moving a post isn't enough to educate people about where the appropriate forum to post is.

The more that I think about it though, I think you're right. If people can't take it upon themselves to observe where their post was moved to and use it as a recommendation for their future posting habits, then an in-your-face post in the thread probably won't help them understand either. There's only so much you can do.

ETA: I don't know if this is true, but it seems to me that many of the posts that have to be moved are made by one-hit wonders.

Edited by jenn3539

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Shoot, if he wants to spend his time that way, bless him.

Ewok should give him a badge and a permit tho, lest other members sensibilities at being told what to do are too bruised.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

lal brandow,

Yes, that is me .. I wish someone had taken the time to show me .. a least for a while.

Are you saying that I am posting inappropriately? If Captain Ewok is in agreement with that thought then I will not post try to help using that method again.

Get personal if you like, I am just trying to help educate and I will not lower myself to a level that comes to personal attacks regardless what others may do.

BTW meauxna .. I don't like the idea of an additional post either, I would much rather see the location of the post displayed in the thread list.

and the cross posting isn't about "I want my special club to know about my posts" (to me anyways) it is about a post that is relevant in more than one forum.

jenn3539 .. you said Maybe Ewok knows of a way to automaticaly generate a post when a thread is moved. .. I don't want an additional post generated, I would like to see displayed on the thread list were the moved post is currently located.

Thanks guys,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline
jenn3539 .. you said Maybe Ewok knows of a way to automaticaly generate a post when a thread is moved. .. I don't want an additional post generated, I would like to see displayed on the thread list were the moved post is currently located.

Well, then I guess I don't understand what you mean. Where would such a thing be displayed? Wouldn't that require changing the setup of the forum? I don't think that's possible.

Filed: Timeline
CB,

VJers are welcome to look in more than one forum - they should be encouraged to look in more than one forum. Immigration should not be as complicated as chess, but even checkers players think ahead more than just one move.

Yodrak

Yodrak - your brilliance & wit shines once again. (L)

Edited by devilette

Perhaps in the title of the thread. Not even sure if you guys are able to change those. Just an idea.

:blush:

EDIT: NOT for who moved it - don't care so much about that...just WHERE it went to. I know maybe not a big deal to some, but I really do think that would be informative to be able to see on the thread list.

Edited by Dan&Tiffany

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if it is possible to configure the forum software to perform this function automatically or not, but it is my only suggestion since the individuals that have replied to my suggestion are so adamantly against the idea of performing the action manually.

CB

Well, then I guess I don't understand what you mean. Where would such a thing be displayed? Wouldn't that require changing the setup of the forum? I don't think that's possible.

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: Timeline

Good god people, can't we leave it as Ewok suggested at the beginning of this 4 page thread?

NO EXTRA POSTS needed saying this is where the thread went. We're trying to de-clutter for pete's sake. No movers should be named either. It's not a power trip, it's an organizing thing.

I will say it again, we cannot spoon feed every ADULT on here, if they can't use the search feature in the forums themselves, then they have much bigger problems.

i am still unclear why the moving of a thread to an appropriately defined forum is causing so much confusion. what am i missing?

dunno.gif

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i am still unclear why the moving of a thread to an appropriately defined forum is causing so much confusion. what am i missing?

I'm losing the plot myself... :help:

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I'm losing the plot myself... :help:

Beats me. I track my own topics through my profile anyway, not by going to the forum where I posted it.

I'm thinking it's just a matter of people not being all that comfortable/familiar with the navigation tools available.

Edited by jenn3539

:rolleyes: I'm just afraid I'll miss something by using only that. Always been a bit silly that way.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard