NeilC

Medical/Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

I recently received my letter from the US embassy advising me to go online and schedule my appointment for the visa interview. However, I also have to schedule my medical interview, and was wondering if this needs to be done in a certain order or timeframe? Everything I see kind of gives me conflicting info and it's just getting me confused - would love some help or easy to understand links from you guys so this goes nice and smoothly! Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Thanks! I got so many conflicting versions (i.e You could do them the same day/do the interview first then send them the medical results and wait) that I just gave up trying to make any sense of it all. Is there a timescale you would recommend in between the two (i.e. schedule medical, then interview for two weeks after?)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, NeilC said:

Thanks! I got so many conflicting versions (i.e You could do them the same day/do the interview first then send them the medical results and wait) that I just gave up trying to make any sense of it all. Is there a timescale you would recommend in between the two (i.e. schedule medical, then interview for two weeks after?)

Some countries you can do it one day apart and others you have to do it 14 days before interview so it really depends if it's not far far away I would just get it done :) I did it 2 months before interview as you can see 

6 hours ago, NeilC said:

Hi guys,

I recently received my letter from the US embassy advising me to go online and schedule my appointment for the visa interview. However, I also have to schedule my medical interview, and was wondering if this needs to be done in a certain order or timeframe? Everything I see kind of gives me conflicting info and it's just getting me confused - would love some help or easy to understand links from you guys so this goes nice and smoothly! Thanks in advance!

I know here in Canada, they won't do your medical without you having an actual interview date set. Then they will schedule you in accordingly that gives both you and them time to perform the medical and have your documents ready for pick up before your interview. 

On 8/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, NeilC said:

I'm guessing that you're going through London so check out this website:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

My fiance is also going through London and that website is what we followed.  In terms of how much time between the medical and interview, it depends on which website you want to believe  :D  On the page of that link it says 5 Working Days for the medical results to reach the embassy, if you go to the next page in that link "3. Medical Examination" it says that it takes 4 working days for the results to reach the embassy, and the website for Knightsbridge Doctors, the people who perform the medical exams, says 3 working days (see here: http://www.visamedicals.info/us-examination.asp ).  To be safe, I would suggest at least the 5 Working Days time only counting Monday-Friday as working days and taking into account holidays, for example there is a bank holiday coming up on August 28th.

In terms of available medical appointments, that's just going to vary by when you call.  Knightsbridge is usually booked 2-3 weeks out from the day you call but there may have been somebody who cancelled or rescheduled their appointment before you call so you might get lucky and get an earlier slot.  If you have flexibility in going to the medical, I would suggest calling them and asking for the first available appointment.  If you can only go on a specific day, which is what we had to do, we told them the day that we were looking at and they let us know the available times that day.

As of this moment when I just checked, the remainder of August is already booked for Visa interviews but that can always change if someone reschedules.  The next available date for the interview is September 7th and there are many other days in September that have openings.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

*~*~*country-specific question moved from "K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures" to United Kingdom regional sub-forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Had my medical on the 9th Aug and was told it would take a week (5 working days) to reach the embassy if there are no problems. So I would personally get the medical done at least a couple weeks before your interview date.

• 2 weeks later...

Medical first...

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.