Camie

2017 filers stuck on RFE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

I'm currently waiting for my NOA2 while being stuck on "response to RFE received" status. We filed our petition in Feb 2017, got an RFE June 2, got the snail mail June 15 & we responded the same day. CSC received our response on June 16. We are on 56 days since RFE response and no updates yet. 

I decided to create this thread so people who have the same situation as me can gather and talk, as I understand there's a small number of us! 

I'm trying to stay positive and knowing I'm not alone in this situation has helped me stay positive. I hope we all get our NOA2s soon :)

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey! That sucks and is very disheartening! 

We haven't received our Noa2 back yet but know we are getting an RFE as we forgot to send birth certificate which sucks!! 

Hope you hear something back soon!!

6 hours ago, Camie said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm currently waiting for my NOA2 while being stuck on "response to RFE received" status. We filed our petition in Feb 2017, got an RFE June 2, got the snail mail June 15 & we responded the same day. CSC received our response on June 16. We are on 56 days since RFE response and no updates yet. 

I decided to create this thread so people who have the same situation as me can gather and talk, as I understand there's a small number of us! 

I'm trying to stay positive and knowing I'm not alone in this situation has helped me stay positive. I hope we all get our NOA2s soon :)

Have you tried calling them? And whats the reason for RFE? If you dont mind me asking?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, qqq said:

Have you tried calling them? And whats the reason for RFE? If you dont mind me asking?

I did call them, even talked to Tier 2. They told me to wait 60 days, and the tier 2 officer sent in a service request to CSC for my case and told me the response to that might take 15-20 days. So its really just more waiting.

Reason for RFE was uncomplete G325-A form & more evidence of relationship because our photos didn't have dates on them even though I submitted photos throughout our 5 years together and established that he currently lives in the same country as me. So we replied with more photos (screencaps from Facebook with dates and comments from family/friends), letters of intent and more proof of our travels together (passport stamps and more photos)

June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)

59 minutes ago, Camie said:

I did call them, even talked to Tier 2. They told me to wait 60 days, and the tier 2 officer sent in a service request to CSC for my case and told me the response to that might take 15-20 days. So its really just more waiting.

Reason for RFE was uncomplete G325-A form & more evidence of relationship because our photos didn't have dates on them even though I submitted photos throughout our 5 years together and established that he currently lives in the same country as me. So we replied with more photos (screencaps from Facebook with dates and comments from family/friends), letters of intent and more proof of our travels together (passport stamps and more photos)

What was missing on your G325 form? Sorry for too many questions im kinda trying to compare it with ours. 

Please keep us posted here on VJ with NOA2 or updates so we'll have an idea on how it works. Thank you so much!

Timeline
1 minute ago, qqq said:

What was missing on your G325 form? Sorry for too many questions im kinda trying to compare it with ours. 

Please keep us posted here on VJ with NOA2 or updates so we'll have an idea on how it works. Thank you so much!

On the checklist it said this:

1. Submit two completed and signed Forms G-325A, Biographic Information; one for you and one for your

beneficiary. Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat the information given on your Form I-129F.

So we didn't repeat/fill up everything because some info was already on the I-129F form. They told us to fill it up completely and resubmit. :|

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Camie said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.

If I could ask, did your original submission include any evidence of the relationship other than photos of you together?

If so, what was included? Were any of those documents dated?

Thanks in advance.

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Our NOA1 was January 10th and we received an RFE almost 7 months later!!! We sent in our additional documents and our RFE  received date was July 25th! Stillllllll waiting!!!! We called USCIS on Friday and they said that their deadline to get back to us is by September 7th and if we haven't heard by then, then we can put in a request! Praying everyone hears soon!!!

• 7 months later...
Timeline

Timeline July Filler 2017:

July 25, 2017:     I-129F Application sent

July 27, 2017:     NOA1 Hard Copy (Received VIA Mail)

Feb 14, 2017:      RFE Hard Copy (Received VIA Mail)

Feb 21, 2017:      Response to RFE- SENT

Feb 23, 2017:      Response to RFE- RECEIVED 

Current Stats:     ***WAITING*** :(:unsure:

From July we are going 9 months now waiting :(

Edited by Drillerone

Timeline

Re-Edit the date

Timeline July Filler 2017:

July 25, 2017:     I-129F Application sent

July 27, 2017:     NOA1 Hard Copy (Received VIA Mail)

Feb 14, 2018:      RFE Hard Copy (Received VIA Mail)

Feb 21, 2018:      Response to RFE- SENT

Feb 23, 2018:      Response to RFE- RECEIVED 

Current Stats:     ***WAITING*** :(:unsure:

From July we are going 9 months now waiting :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.