Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

My husband got his passport today. So he's officially done. Here is his full timeline. Just under 1 year from mailing the application to passport. 

Best of luck to everyone!!

Timeline:

FO: Chicago 

Filing under 5 yr

Priority Date: May 25, 2017

Notice Date: May 29, 2017

Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017

Finger Prints: June 22, 2017

In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017

Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018

Interview letter received: March 12, 2018

Interview: April 11th, 2018 - Passed

Email received that oath notice has been mailed: April 13th, 2018

Oath letter received in the mail: April 16th, 2018

Oath: April 26th, 2018

Applied for passport: April 26th, 2018

Received Passport: May 9, 2018

Recieved back Naturlization Certificate: May 9, 2018

Congrats to your husband!  Looks very systematic.

Was he a Paper filer or online? By this timeline, as a Sept filer I should have my interview letter next month for a July interview.

NOA: Sept 14,2017

Edited by podapodapunnaku

8 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

@agrzybianek I would suggest keeping an eye on your mail while you are gone. Either by email notices or have someone check it. 

For my my husband he went straight to "oath has been scheduled and we've mailed you a notice". 

It was 48 hours after his interview. I think it was just luck. The average wait time seems to be 3-4 weeks. Once you get the notice I think you have 7-10 days until the actual oath. 

Yeah the guy that interviewed me told me 4-6 weeks but I wasn’t sure how accurate that is. Status still says interview scheduled 

Edited by agrzybianek

8 hours ago, podapodapunnaku said:

Congrats to your husband!  Looks very systematic.

Was he a Paper filer or online? By this timeline, as a Sept filer I should have my interview letter next month for a July interview.

NOA: Sept 14,2017

Thank you!! He was a paper filer.

Good Luck. I know they are working on July 2017 filers. Hopefully you will hear something soon. 

Edited by Steelers1020

13 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

@agrzybianek I would suggest keeping an eye on your mail while you are gone. Either by email notices or have someone check it. 

For my my husband he went straight to "oath has been scheduled and we've mailed you a notice". 

It was 48 hours after his interview. I think it was just luck. The average wait time seems to be 3-4 weeks. Once you get the notice I think you have 7-10 days until the actual oath. 

just got scheduled for my oath it took exactly 48 hours from my interview. I tried calling the 1800 number to see if they can give me my date but they said its not in the system yet 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/11/2018 at 9:23 AM, agrzybianek said:

I just got scheduled for my oath, it took exactly 48 hours from my interview

That's great, congrats. Can you please post the exact wording of the online status?

Ours says "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" and been like that for over 2 weeks now. So wondering what it changes to when the oath ceremony is actually scheduled.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, podapodapunnaku said:

Just to check in, is there any August 2017 paper filer who has gotten a letter for their interview or who already did the interview. 

Sep 2017 paper filer here. Had interview on 4/4 and passed. Waiting for oath since then.

Just now, bzbee said:

That's great, congrats. Can you please post the exact wording of the online status?

Ours says "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" and been like that for over 2 weeks now. So wondering what it changes to when the oath ceremony is actually scheduled.

Sep 2017 paper filer here. Had interview on 4/4 and passed. Waiting for oath since then.

mine says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, agrzybianek said:

mine says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" 

Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess nothing else to do but wait.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Just received a text (9.20PM) that the interview was scheduled. Paper filer with PD August 9th 2017. Logged in and the status changed to interview scheduled :) Finally

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, Aneta73 said:

Just received a text (9.20PM) that the interview was scheduled. Paper filer with PD August 9th 2017. Logged in and the status changed to interview scheduled :) Finally

congrats:-) Just received email 'testing and interview' and checked my status is 'interviewwas scheduled'  :) 

Timeline:

Filing: Chicago (Paper)

Mailed: 08/07/2017 

Priority Date: 08/11/2017

Notice Date: 08/14/2017

Biometric Notice: 08/18/2017

Finger Prints: 09/07/2017

In Line for Interview: 09/12/2017

Interview scheduled email: 05/15/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.