Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Moldova
Timeline

I had my interview on Monday (April 2nd). I had my transcripts as well as the actual returns (just in case).

I have not been asked anything more than: You've filed your taxes, right?

I haven't been asked ANY question except going line by line in my application making sure the answers are still the same.

I had breaks of longer than 6 months and very many trips outside the country, and the only question was: "What was the purpose of the last trip? - Pleasure. - OK"

It took 15 minutes for the whole process; just to be told that they are missing one document, which is not my fault, but somebody at USCIS failed to scan it some 10 years ago when I've got my green card.

Good luck to all of you!

6 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

Oh boy getting close, is he nervous?

what is he bringing with him document wise?

i hear some people even bring photos but someone told me that’s no longer required I dont know much about the interview such as dress code (I’m guessing business casual) do you shake the agent’s hand or wait and see if they do first? I wanna know everything lol

He doesn't think too much about it. I think I'm more nervous and just want everything done. It's been over 10 months since he applied so it's been pending forever. 

He is taking photos with him (if not used he will use it for passport), just his GC, kids birth certificate, copy of my passport, tax transcripts. I think that's it. He applied under 5 yr rule so it's not paperwork heavy. 

Im pretty sure he will dress business casual. Don't be too nervous or over think it. It will be fine. 

Edited by Steelers1020

Just now, Steelers1020 said:

He doesn't think too much about it. I think I'm more nervous and just want everything done. It's been over 10 months since he applied so it's been pending forever. 

He he is taking photos with him (if not used he will use it for passport, just his GC, kids birth certificate, copy of my passport, tax transcripts. I think that's it. He applied under 5 yr rule so it's not paperwork heavy. 

Im pretty sure he will dress business casual. Don't be too nervous or over think it. It will be fine. 

Hmm maybe I should bring passport photos too just in case then, did he get a checklist with his letter and did it say to bring photos?

5 minutes ago, jujusju said:

I had my interview on Monday (April 2nd). I had my transcripts as well as the actual returns (just in case).

I haven't been asked ANY question except going line by line in my application making sure the answers are still the same.

I had breaks of longer than 6 months and very many trips outside the country, and the only question was: "What was the purpose of the last trip? - Pleasure. - OK"

It took 15 minutes for the whole process; just to be told that they are missing one document, which is not my fault, but somebody at USCIS failed to scan it some 10 years ago when I've got my green card.

Good luck to all of you!

Thank you for sharing this! Glad it was smooth for you. Are you under 5 year rule?

3 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

Hmm maybe I should bring passport photos too just in case then, did he get a checklist with his letter and did it say to bring photos?

There is a generic checklist in the letter you will receive. Photos were not on the list. I have a feeling they will not be required but he's got them anyways. 

Edited by Steelers1020

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
41 minutes ago, jujusju said:

Good luck to all of you!

When you say breaks do you mean you were out of the country for more than 6 months?  What is your status post interview?  RFE?  Approved?  Next steps?  Also, was your green card employment based?

Edited by shomer

Timeline

A decision can not be made.

(they need the paper, which might be somewhere on a shelf in Vermont, Boston, Texas, etc etc) :)

The IO said it happens a lot!

But reassured it's not my fault, it's theirs.... which I have the feeling does not matter at this point... the process could get easily delayed for centuries :)))

(I mentioned in an earlier post - my close friend, had the same on Jan 10th 2018 - today (100+ days later) he has no decision yet; status still at "Interview was scheduled"; good thing he doesn't care much about the timing of the outcome)

Hope nobody gets in such a situation!

(Tip: if you have any papers/documents related to your case, take everything with you - my wife just found that paper in our files, so I will try getting ahold of them somehow these days) 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, gpntb said:

What paper is that? Others might as well be prepared, if it happens a lot.

Something XXX Adjustment of Status she said.... I did not quite catch it, but she explained that it is the paper (decision) provided by the judge (in my case I had to go to court to get my greencard). - my situation is not common as I had 3 types of cases going concurrently; it was back in 2003-2008; that is why I did not want to mention any specific document name.

"The IO said it happens a lot!" - she was referring to the fact that documents, in general, are either not scanned well or not scanned at all. (in my case she can see the document number, but not the document content).

Hope I did not confuse you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
10 hours ago, jujusju said:

A decision can not be made.

(they need the paper, which might be somewhere on a shelf in Vermont, Boston, Texas, etc etc) :)

The IO said it happens a lot!

But reassured it's not my fault, it's theirs.... which I have the feeling does not matter at this point... the process could get easily delayed for centuries :)))

So frustrating! I really hope this gets resolved quickly, so you can move directly to your oath.

3 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

you still haven't had your fingerprints taken since that time? that's definitely not right, you need to call USCIS and find out what's going on. 

Fingerprint was done in June 2017 but case status never change. Called USCIS many times and had infopass, nobody say background check, just let me wait 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.