Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

@ChicagoN400 did you receive any update to your status yet? 

Unfortunately, no changes to my status yet - will update you guys as soon as there is one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, ChicagoN400 said:

@cupcake123: Good luck for your interview tomorrow :)

14 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Yes! Have a great interview!

Thanks for the well wishes.   I had a positive experience with my interview.  It was this afternoon and I was in and out in a half hour. The IO was very nice.  After taking the oath and showing ID, I was given the test.  My questions were very straight forward:

1. What Ocean is to the West of the US?
  2. What is the name of the national anthem?
  3. Why are there 13 stripes on the flag?
  4. How old do you need to be to vote?
  5. What happened on Sept 11, 2001?
  6. What is the rule of law?

The IO went through my application to confirm my responses, and after updating some more recent international travel, he indicated he was recommending me for approval.  Hoping everything goes through and my status turns to "in line for oath ceremony" soon!  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, cupcake123 said:

Thanks for the well wishes.   I had a positive experience with my interview.  It was this afternoon and I was in and out in a half hour. The IO was very nice.  After taking the oath and showing ID, I was given the test.  My questions were very straight forward:

The IO went through my application to confirm my responses, and after updating some more recent international travel, he indicated he was recommending me for approval.  Hoping everything goes through and my status turns to "in line for oath ceremony" soon!  

That's great news, congratulations!! :)

Glad to know all went okay! Hopefully, I will also get my interview scheduled soon!

Edited by ChicagoN400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, ChicagoN400 said:

That's great news, congratulations!! :)

Glad to know all went okay! Hopefully, I will also get my interview scheduled soon!

Really hoping for you to get your interview soon as well.  Keep us posted!

Timeline
50 minutes ago, cupcake123 said:

Really hoping for you to get your interview soon as well.  Keep us posted!

Will do. I am surprised how slow it has been, but I am also grateful I have got to this point so far :)

3 hours ago, cupcake123 said:

Congrats! Hope the oath comes in soon. 

On 09/01/2018 at 1:50 AM, ChicagoN400 said:

Will do. I am surprised how slow it has been, but I am also grateful I have got to this point so far :)

I cannot believe you are still waiting but they seem to be prioritizing online applications so we just sit and wait. Really hope you are soon because we are May 5 PD so should be within reach then too. 

On 1/8/2018 at 5:54 PM, cupcake123 said:

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you, and thank you for sharing your experience. When did you submit your application? and how long did you wait for the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am officially a United States citizen! Woot woot!

Here is how it went. The ceremony was scheduled for 12 PM at Chicago Federal Building. The check-in started at 11.30 AM. A nice USCIS officer asked us to form two lines in the hall in front of the courtroom door: people, who are taking an oath and guests. At the entrance to the room one USCIS employee checked the letters, and then once people entered another person collected green cards and notices. It took us all about  30 min to get checked in. There were 110 people from 31 countries taking an oath plus guests. Guests were let in after all the people taking oath got situated and checked in. Needless to say the courtroom was full. Each of us had a welcome packet on a seat that included the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, Information about voting and registration, passport application, and naturalization certificate holder.  There was no welcome letter from the current President ( not disappointed).

The ceremony itself didn't start until 1:10 or 1:15 PM. Almost all the time before that  a USCIS officers was telling us what to do after the naturalization and how us getting naturalized is going to affect our minor children if we have any. It was very nice and the officer was very pleasant. When the judge came in she gave a wonderful speech the main message of which was that we are all welcome no matter our ethnic, religious or racial background, that we should be building bridges and not walls. At certain parts of her speech I felt my eyes well up with tears. The speech was really heartfelt and strong. We took the oath and then one by one received the certificates. Judge allowed us to take pictures (it is prohibited in the federal building unless a judge grants a special permission). She also shook everyone's hand and took pictures with us. 

I enjoyed the ceremony very very much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh yes, I forgot to add that you can register to vote right then and there. It's very easy and fast. It took me 5 min.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

I am officially a United States citizen! Woot woot!

Here is how it went. The ceremony was scheduled for 12 PM at Chicago Federal Building. The check-in started at 11.30 AM. A nice USCIS officer asked us to form two lines in the hall in front of the courtroom door: people, who are taking an oath and guests. At the entrance to the room one USCIS employee checked the letters, and then once people entered another person collected green cards and notices. It took us all about  30 min to get checked in. There were 110 people from 31 countries taking an oath plus guests. Guests were let in after all the people taking oath got situated and checked in. Needless to say the courtroom was full. Each of us had a welcome packet on a seat that included the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, Information about voting and registration, passport application, and naturalization certificate holder.  There was no welcome letter from the current President ( not disappointed).

The ceremony itself didn't start until 1:10 or 1:15 PM. Almost all the time before that  a USCIS officers was telling us what to do after the naturalization and how us getting naturalized is going to affect our minor children if we have any. It was very nice and the officer was very pleasant. When the judge came in she gave a wonderful speech the main message of which was that we are all welcome no matter our ethnic, religious or racial background, that we should be building bridges and not walls. At certain parts of her speech I felt my eyes well up with tears. The speech was really heartfelt and strong. We took the oath and then one by one received the certificates. Judge allowed us to take pictures (it is prohibited in the federal building unless a judge grants a special permission). She also shook everyone's hand and took pictures with us. 

I enjoyed the ceremony very very much!

Wow, sounds like an amazing experience, congratulations  :)

Hopefully, everyone on this forum get to experience it soon :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.