Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, cupcake123 said:

NOA Date:  April 7th, 2017

Finger prints: scheduled for April 25th but I went early and did them on April 17th, 2017

In-line interview: April 27th, 2017

If going by NOA date, the Chicago FO seems to be scheduling April now.  I added my timeline to the March filers thread initially but probably should have been in the April filers, perhaps.   Hope this helps!

I believe the date mentioned on I-797 form (NOA date) is the priority date and if I am correct, then Chicago FO has started processing N400 applications for April month :)

Thanks  @cupcake123  and  @agrzybianek for your replies :)

Good luck to all of you!

Edited by ChicagoN400

Timeline
9 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

do you know if they are on beginning/mid/end of April? how do you know what month they are on? i'd love it if the processing times website was up to date :(

Going from @cupcake123 dates, it seems like they are doing early April applications. When my interview is scheduled, then we will know that they are doing late April applications.

On their website, it shows Chicago FO, as of September 30, is processing applications with Priority dates of up to January 26. It can be frustrating  that those processing times are not updated frequently, but we have this wonderful forum here that can inform us of what dates are being processed currently :) 

2 minutes ago, ChicagoN400 said:

Going from @cupcake123 dates, it seems like they are doing early April applications. When my interview is scheduled, then we will know that they are doing late April applications.

On their website, it shows Chicago FO, as of September 30, is processing applications with Priority dates of up to January 26. It can be frustrating  that those processing times are not updated frequently, but we have this wonderful forum here that can inform us of what dates are being processed currently :) 

It's a shame that they do not update their dates, it's been 3 months since it's been updated last :( oh yeah i guess when you do get scheduled we will know when it's end of April

Edited by agrzybianek

12 hours ago, ChicagoN400 said:

@cupcake123 – congratulations on getting your interview notification – I hope your process goes on smoothly and you get done with the process by the end of next month. Just to confirm, is your NOA/priority date April 7th? Just curious to know if USCIS Chicago field office have started scheduling for April priority dates :)

I am new to this forum and I glad to have found this helpful page! Below is my timeline for N400 Application.

Mailed Date: April 17th 2017

NOA Date: April 21st 2017

Fingerprints: May 18th 2017

In-line for Interview: June 21st 2017

Welcome to the Chicago group! It's great to have someone here with a April NOA. Hopefully things pick up and you get an interview within the next 2-3 weeks. 

Edited by Steelers1020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, ChicagoN400 said:

@cupcake123 – congratulations on getting your interview notification – I hope your process goes on smoothly and you get done with the process by the end of next month. Just to confirm, is your NOA/priority date April 7th? Just curious to know if USCIS Chicago field office have started scheduling for April priority dates :)

I am new to this forum and I glad to have found this helpful page! Below is my timeline for N400 Application.

Mailed Date: April 17th 2017

NOA Date: April 21st 2017

Fingerprints: May 18th 2017

In-line for Interview: June 21st 2017

Welcome aboard! Be sure to join your month's thread ("N-400 April 2017 Filers"), as you can see how other cases filed when yours was are progressing (and others who filed can follow your timeline, too).

Good luck!

AJ

Our Timeline (AOS from VWP with short overstay):

Day 00: 19 Sep 2010 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765) sent to Chicago Lockbox

Day 18: 07 Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment letter received for 29 Oct 2010 (dated 01 Oct 2010)

Day 19: 08 Oct 2010 Walk-in biometrics (took about 10 minutes)

Day 47: 05 Nov 2010 Received letter (dated 01 Nov 2010) for Interview on 07 Dec 2010

Day 68: 26 Nov 2010 I-131 TOUCHED: AP approved

Day 73: 01 Dec 2010 I-765 TOUCHED: EAD approved

Day 76: 04 Dec 2010 AP received

Day 79: 07 Dec 2010 Interview at 1 p.m. (took maybe 15 minutes): RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL!

Day 82: 10 Dec 2010 EAD received (dated 01 Dec 2010)

Day 83: 11 Dec 2010 "WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" letter received (dated 07 Dec 2010)

Day 90: 18 Dec 2010 GREEN CARD IN HAND! (dated 07 Dec 2010)

Day 000: 27 Nov 2012 ROC package (I-751) sent to California Service Center

Day 005: 03 Dec 2012 Received hard copy of NOA (dated 28 Nov 2012)

Day 244: 29 Jul 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received for 07 Aug 2013 (dated 27 Jul 2013)

Day 247: 01 Aug 2013 Walk-in biometrics (took about 25 minutes)

Day 308: 01 Oct 2013 Received approval notice for ROC (dated 24 Sep 2013)

Day 317: 10 Oct 2013 GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Day 000: 16 Sep 2017 N-400 filed online

Day 007: 23 Sep 2017 Biometrics appointment scheduled for 12 Oct 2017

Day 024: 10 Oct 2017 Walk-in biometrics (took about 10 minutes)

Day 059: 14 Nov 2017 Received notice that Interview scheduled for 19 Dec 2017

Day 066: 20 Nov 2017 Received hard copy of Interview notice (dated 14 Nov 2017)

Day 094: 19 Dec 2017 INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

Day 145:  08 Feb 2018 OATH CEREMONY

Timeline
On 12/6/2017 at 8:43 PM, Steelers1020 said:

Welcome to the Chicago group! It's great to have someone here with a April NOA. Hopefully things pick up and you get an interview within the next 2-3 weeks. 

@Steelers1020Thanks :)

Edited by ChicagoN400

Timeline
On 12/6/2017 at 9:32 PM, caeremonarius said:

Welcome aboard! Be sure to join your month's thread ("N-400 April 2017 Filers"), as you can see how other cases filed when yours was are progressing (and others who filed can follow your timeline, too).

Good luck!

AJ

@caeremonarius sure, I will update in that forum too :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

I received my interview notice.  Notice was dated December 5th, and I received it this weekend.  My interview date is January 8th.  Hoping it doesn't get rescheduled as others have had this happen.

I'll update the March filers thread.

1 hour ago, cupcake123 said:

Hi all,

I received my interview notice.  Notice was dated December 5th, and I received it this weekend.  My interview date is January 8th.  Hoping it doesn't get rescheduled as others have had this happen.

I'll update the March filers thread.

Thanks for the update, good luck on your interview! make sure to keep us posted afterwards on how it went

On 11/29/2017 at 6:06 AM, Yuliya Lipina said:

I got one more interview notice with a date 12/12. I have now two officially scheduled interviews one on 12/12 and another on 12/18. So I am going to the earliest one. USCIS stance: if you didn't receive a cancellation letter for any of your appointments you have to show up. I will go on 12/12 and ask them if they want to see me the second time. I doubt they do. 

Good luck tomorrow!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, agrzybianek said:

Good luck! when did you file if you don't mind me asking? also did you file by mail or online?

Thank you! I filed on 03/11, officially it got registered on 03/16. I had my interview today. It didn't go well. Basically, I was told that I didn't meet 3 year of marital union requirement. I filed 90 days in advance and I didn't leave with my husband at the same address prior to immigrating to the USA due to the nature of his occupation at the time (Peace Corps Volunteer). The lady said they would send a letter, but there is a great chance it will get denied and I will have to re-file. She said she wished I waited and filed later. So today was not my day at all :(

1 hour ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

Thank you! I filed on 03/11, officially it got registered on 03/16. I had my interview today. It didn't go well. Basically, I was told that I didn't meet 3 year of marital union requirement. I filed 90 days in advance and I didn't leave with my husband at the same address prior to immigrating to the USA due to the nature of his occupation at the time (Peace Corps Volunteer). The lady said they would send a letter, but there is a great chance it will get denied and I will have to re-file. She said she wished I waited and filed later. So today was not my day at all :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That's horrible ! Why can't they just say this stuff to us when they get the application rather than dragging us through all of the torture!? 

What are you going to do? Attorney? Or just refile if they decline you? 

I really am sorry 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yuliya Lipina said:

That is indeed terrible. 

But ’tis a common proof
That lowliness is young ambition’s ladder,
Whereto the climber upward turns his face.
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.
- Julius Caesar
--------------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

07/02/2014 Forms sent via FedEx to USCIS in Chicago, IL

07/08/2014 USCIS Filing Fees accepted

07/09/2014 NOA texts and emails

07/12/2014 Received NOA in mail

07/18/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment NOA for 7/31

07/31/2014 Biometrics @ 5220 S Pulaski - Completed!

08/04/2014 Testing and Interview

09/02/2014 EAD Approved and Card in Production (62 Days from filing)

09/04/2014 AP Approved (64 Days from filing)

09/09/2014 EAD/AP Mailed

09/10/2014 EAD/AP "Combo" Card Received

01/12/2015 Text for 485 Adjustment Received (Interview Schedule)

02/17/2015 Interview Scheduled (230 Days or 7 months and 15 days from filing)

02/17/2015 Request for Original Document

02/24/2015 Original Document Shown and Green Card Approved for Production

03/04/2015 Green Card Arrived Via USPS

I-751 Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/03/2017 Forms and paperwork sent in to California.

01/09/2017 NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.