abpm

help with nvc document cover sheet

9 posts in this topic

Hi.

I started GC processing for my parents. They will be coming to US from India. NVC sent me a letter with a document cover sheet for each of my parent.  I have few questions.

1. For Section 3. Photocopies of Supporting documents 
    1. Valid, unexpired passport - Is this copy of the petitioner or applicant passport?
    2. Birth Certificate - Copy of the applicant birth certificate or petitioner establishing the relation?
    3. Adoption - N/A (for me)
    4. Marriage certificate with translation - N/A (for me), applicant is father/mother not wife
    5. Marriage termination with translation - N/A (for me), applicant is father/mother not wife
    6. Court records with translation - N/A (for me)
    7. Military records with translation - N/A (for me)
    8. Police certificate(s) with translation - Petitioner or Applicant? I would think this is for the applicant
  2. Signed Affidavit of Support
    1. Proof of US status - Petitioner
    2. Proof of Domicile - N/A
    3. Petitioner's Civil Documents - What is this? I think N/A for me
    4. Proof of relationship (only for I-864A) - Petitioner off course
    5. Evidence of income - Petitioner
    6. Form(s) W-2 - Petitioner
    7. IRS Tax Transcript - Petitioner, How far back we need to go?
    8. Federal Income Tax Returns - Petitioner, How far back we need to go?
    9. Social Security Earnings Statement - Petitioner
    10. Proof of Assets - Petitioner
  3. Other support documents - What are these (if any)

I will appreciate if anyone can please help me answer these questions.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi

1. Applicant valid unexpired passport

2. Applicant Birth certificate and your own birth certificate to establish the relation between you and the applicant

3. Applicant Marriage certificate in the case the person been married more than 1 time need all the previos divorce documents

4.Applicant police, military and court records from India in this case

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPORT

Pettitioner civil documents is your birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents like this.

Proof of relationship is only in case people filling I 864 A  this is when you have a co sponsor  But if you filled only I864 for each of your parents  you not have to send any proof.

You need the las 3 years of IRS transcripts and is the same for the tax returns.

You can check this website:  nvc.state.gov to make sure that you have all the required documents before you send documents to NVC 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
3 hours ago, abpm said:

Appreciate your prompt reply, Thanks! Do the photocopies of the required documents need to be attested?

Submit only photocopies of the required documents, with it's translations(if it's necessary),  except I-864, which have to be originally signed. The original documents your parrents will bring to the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 6:45 PM, Carolct79 said:

Hi

2. Applicant Birth certificate and your own birth certificate to establish the relation between you and the applicant

3. Applicant Marriage certificate in the case the person been married more than 1 time need all the previos divorce documents

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPORT

Pettitioner civil documents is your birth certificate, marriage certificate and documents like this.

Proof of relationship is only in case people filling I 864 A  this is when you have a co sponsor  But if you filled only I864 for each of your parents  you not have to send any proof.

You need the las 3 years of IRS transcripts and is the same for the tax returns.

You can check this website:  nvc.state.gov to make sure that you have all the required documents before you send documents to NVC 

Hello,

Follow up question on this...

So only the petitioner will submit those things on the document cover sheet or even the joint sponsor too should submit those items?

Thanks in advance.

Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:26 PM, Lain said:

Submit only photocopies of the required documents, with it's translations(if it's necessary),  except I-864, which have to be originally signed. The original documents your parrents will bring to the interview.

As of 1/2017, the I-864, I-864A, etc. can be photocopied in their entireties and sent to NVC. It's likely the originals with original signatures will be needed for the interview, though.  

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, spi9959 said:

As of 1/2017, the I-864, I-864A, etc. can be photocopied in their entireties and sent to NVC. It's likely the originals with original signatures will be needed for the interview, though.  

Thanks, I sent original signed I-864 to NVC at the end of last year, btw consul didn't asked to submit it again at the time of interview, explained, that they already have it. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2017 at 9:45 PM, Carolct79 said:

Hi

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPORT

One more question... If I don't have a co-sponsor or above the poverty guidelines from I-864P I guess I don't have to submit I-864A, evidence of income and proof of assets, though, it won't harm to submit copies of pay stubs and bank statement, right?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.