E&R

Administrative procesing after visa was approved on interview

100 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, SaRy said:

As I said in the other thread, and just to clear up any confusion others may have in this thread. The form E&R's fiancée received was not 221(g), it was DS-5535 (Supplemental Questions for VIsa Applicants), which asks for the following information (and not for missing documents like 221(g)):

- Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;

- Address history during the last fifteen years;

- Employment history during the last fifteen years;

- All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;

- Names and dates of birth for all siblings;

- Name and dates of birth for all children;

- Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;

- Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and

- Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

That is something new they do now days with the new vetting. My husband received something similar to fill out after his interview and he is still  AP.  I am curious to know how long it takes them to check all that information in their system.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

That is something new they do now days with the new vetting. My husband received something similar to fill out after his interview and he is still  AP.  I am curious to know how long it takes them to check all that information in their system.

Yup, that's the new vetting system...And since it's a new form and no one I know who filled it out has received their visa yet, we don't have an estimate.

When was your husband's interview?

~~~

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SaRy said:

Yup, that's the new vetting system...And since it's a new form and no one I know who filled it out has received their visa yet, we don't have an estimate.

When was your husband's interview?

It was a month ago. July 2nd

Timeline
1 minute ago, maryam78 said:

It was a month ago. July 2nd

Mine was 1 month and a half ago, and there are others who had their interview before me and are still waiting...DS-5535 only got introduced in May but someone here reported that they had their interview 4.5 months ago and they were asked to fill out a similar form.

~~~

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SaRy said:

Mine was 1 month and a half ago, and there are others who had their interview before me and are still waiting...DS-5535 only got introduced in May but someone here reported that they had their interview 4.5 months ago and they were asked to fill out a similar form.

I just don't understand why they don't check all that stuff during the process before the interview. The process takes one year and then one has to wait more after interview. So is that mean everyone from certain countries gets this form during or after interview and no one gets approved right away?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

I just don't understand why they don't check all that stuff during the process before the interview. The process takes one year and then one has to wait more after interview. So is that mean everyone from certain countries gets this form during or after interview and no one gets approved right away?

Not everyone gets that form, and I did see a significant number of cases get approved right away...

Anyway, you can read more about that form here:

http://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/International_Students_and_Scholars/Form_DS-5535,_Supplemental_Questions_for_Visa_Applicants/

Edited by SaRy

~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiancé got email on July 28 to fill out 5535 after she was told at interview she is approved I am still trying to understand what happened and I hope it doesn't take to long 

12 minutes ago, SaRy said:

ong 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, SaRy said:

I was interviewed in May and i didn't fill out such thing , however they did asked me for my previous passports. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 11:45 AM, SaRy said:

As I said in the other thread, and just to clear up any confusion others may have in this thread. The form E&R's fiancée received was not 221(g), it was DS-5535 (Supplemental Questions for VIsa Applicants), which asks for the following information (and not for missing documents like 221(g)):

- Travel history during the last fifteen years, including source of funding for travel;

- Address history during the last fifteen years;

- Employment history during the last fifteen years;

- All passport numbers and country of issuance held by the applicant;

- Names and dates of birth for all siblings;

- Name and dates of birth for all children;

- Names and dates of birth for all current and former spouses, or civil or domestic partners;

- Social media platforms and identifiers, also known as handles, used during the last five years; and

- Phone numbers and email addresses used during the last five years.

Isnt this a 221g?? Cause thats wat it said when i got the email from isb on sep 5th..... after submitting the extra info has anyone's visa been approved??

Timeline
1 minute ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Isnt this a 221g?? Cause thats wat it said when i got the email from isb on sep 5th..... after submitting the extra info has anyone's visa been approved??

It might your case, but not E&R's case. If it says 221(g) in your email then maybe you're right when it comes to your own case.

And yes, I did get my visa after submitting DS-5535. It "only" took two months and a half lol

~~~

Timeline
Just now, rafiq akhtar said:

When was ur interview and when did they send that email? And wgen did it get approved?

My timeline has all the information you're asking to know.

I didn't receive the form by email, they gave it to me at the end of the interview. I filled it out, scanned it then sent it back.

~~~

Timeline

@SaRy cause they kept my wifes passport and put her on Ap snice. Then i got the email on the 5th of sep to directly reply to the email address they sent me and send them those details like u mentioned... its soo got me paranoid 

Timeline
Just now, rafiq akhtar said:

@SaRy cause they kept my wifes passport and put her on Ap snice. Then i got the email on the 5th of sep to directly reply to the email address they sent me and send them those details like u mentioned... its soo got me paranoid 

You need to fill out your timeline by the way.

When was her interview? Has she traveled abroad before? Does she speak English? Does she work for the Government? All these things might have made them ask her to fill out the form you've mentioned.

~~~

Timeline

Sorry im nrw to this.. but no she never went out from the country or she dont work for the goverment we have a daughter as well which we mentioned under if we have any kid's.. hopefully that will work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.