Clemsonfan

After interview approval

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife was approved at kyiv embassy last night. She will get visa and passport in mail in a few days.. 

We will leave in the 10th of August for states ..

When will she receive packet to bring into US? Will it come with passport and visa?

or have they changed the way they have done things ?

"Like", she only needs visa and passport to bring to states and they will process everything in Atlanta when we will arrive.. 

Thank you for the help..

Edited by Clemsonfan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, Clemsonfan said:

My wife was approved at kyiv embassy last night. She will get visa and passport in mail in a few days.. 

We will leave in the 10th of August for states ..

When will she receive packet to bring into US? Will it come with passport and visa?

or have they changed the way they have done things ?

"Like", she only needs visa and passport to bring to states and they will process everything in Atlanta when we will arrive.. 

Thank you for the help..

She should get everything at DHL office  she picked for pick up :)

Good luck!!!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I want to have my in-laws visit to be with my wife when she has her baby.

Does anyone know the steps I need to follow and forms ?

Thanks for your help..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Clemsonfan said:

I want to have my in-laws visit to be with my wife when she has her baby.

Does anyone know the steps I need to follow and forms ?

Thanks for your help..

It's all on them to show strong ties with Ukraine and to prove they will be back. They have to apply for B1/B2 visa on their own. If your in-laws get approved, Visas should be given for 10 years.

Some tips for your in-laws :)

1. Pay visa fee.  - $160 each, for now.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-paymentinfo.asp

2. Take a passport style pictures 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-photoinfo.asp#picsreqs

2. Fill out on-line form DS-160. - here you , guys, probably, could help, if parents don't speak English. 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-ds160info.asp

3. Schedule interview. - there is an option there to schedule their interview for the same time for both.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-paymentinfo.asp#schedule

Also, they could bring an Employer Letter (if they work), or statement from Pension Found (if they are retired). An assets documents (apartment, house, lend, car), bank statements (if they have some founds saved) might be helpful as well. 

They can be asked for that paperwork, or may not - It all depends on CO, and you never know. Nobody looked at my parents' "pile" they brought in, but my friend's in-laws got requested some of those, listed above.  So,  better to be safe than sorry :)

Also they should be ready to answer question about your wife - my parents were asked how did I get to the US. I see, It is getting really important for the Embassy to make sure  that a family member you are going to visit entered the US legally.  

And one more thing - I wouldn't recommend to plan a long visit for the first time. 2-4 weeks would sound about right on DS-160 and during visa interview.

Good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please is it necessary to amend my Tax return to "married filling single"  because I filled it as "single" last year. Did anyone get CC without having to amend their tax information since the spouse is in a foreign country..... My case is waiting to be assigned invoice number when i called them last night.  Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.