Paul123

letter of intent

10 posts in this topic

I checked the guide and couldnt find an answer to this. Im now doing the fiance letters of intent for the US consulate in brazil. im getting my fiancee to sign hers for me to take back to the US with me. I have not yet decided when to send the i-129f packet in yet. Will the date I have on the letters, be out of date at some point? like if its dated for march and i send it in later, will that pose a problem? Do i need to make one adressed to the service center also, or just the US consulate in brazil? Im making copies of everything so i have 2 seperate packets going. Sorry if I seem a little dependant on the forum, but some of the links at the top arent working on this computer for some reason.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We sent letters of intent addressed to the service center with the original I-129F petition. We then wrote new letters addressed to the consulate a couple of weeks before the interview, which my fiance brought to the interview with him. I think the updated letters for the interview are recommended, but not required.

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I checked the guide and couldnt find an answer to this. Im now doing the fiance letters of intent for the US consulate in brazil. im getting my fiancee to sign hers for me to take back to the US with me. I have not yet decided when to send the i-129f packet in yet. Will the date I have on the letters, be out of date at some point? like if its dated for march and i send it in later, will that pose a problem? Do i need to make one adressed to the service center also, or just the US consulate in brazil? Im making copies of everything so i have 2 seperate packets going. Sorry if I seem a little dependant on the forum, but some of the links at the top arent working on this computer for some reason.

OK-I will try my best to help

First, If the letters are only dateda few weeks-months prior to your submitting the k-1, you should be fine(my fiance's letter of intent was signed 11/17 and I submitted the paperwork 12/9).

Second-just address them to the USCIS here in the states-they will not be going to the embassy yet. If you want to...........your letter of intenet can have the emassy's address on it for the interview.

Others will tell you if I am way off base here.

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

We got by with one using sample format addressed to service centre (printout of Word doc, mine) and one handwritten one-sentence "to whom it may concern" (from Pras).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Thanks again guys, I just copied the example letter of intent and filled in the blanks on microsoft word. The reason i asked initially is because the example has the address of the consulate and not the service center. Is it safe to use the examples like this? Had i not posted this question, I probably wouldve put the address of the consulate like the example.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I put Vermont's address at the top of our letters of intent, but I do not think itis necessary. I just thought it looked a little more professional :D

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

"To whom it may concern" will suffice. The I-129F instructions ask for signed statements from both of you attesting to your intent to marry verses formal or informal letters.

A statement requires no addressee.

miss_me_yet.jpg

"To whom it may concern" will suffice. The I-129F instructions ask for signed statements from both of you attesting to your intent to marry verses formal or informal letters.

Thanks for your help. I guess im so uptight about thise whole process because on my last trip to brazil, I sat next to a guy who had gotten married to a brazilian and said that he hired a lawyer and people were turned away at the embassy because they got one little thing wrong or whatever. ive been paranoid about it ever since. I guess i dont need the ``fiance leter of intent´´ written in big bold letters either like the example. I was under the impression for some reason that everything had to be just like the examples.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your help. I guess im so uptight about thise whole process because on my last trip to brazil, I sat next to a guy who had gotten married to a brazilian and said that he hired a lawyer and people were turned away at the embassy because they got one little thing wrong or whatever. ive been paranoid about it ever since. I guess i dont need the ``fiance leter of intent´´ written in big bold letters either like the example. I was under the impression for some reason that everything had to be just like the examples.

the examples here on the site are provided to give you an idea of how things should look. However, quite a few of us found VJ after we sent our original K-1 packets, and what we did wasn't exactly like the samples, but we got along fine. :) Use the examples as a guideline.

However, if you are attaching extra pages to the form because you ran out of room on the form, a good rule of thumb is to make sure that you add a notation on the top of the page that identifies the question being answered on that page.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.