Joao aguiar nato

How do I know If I passed the Naturalization Test?

34 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Bugs said:

That's awesome.  For some reason I thought Boston did it once a month - I think someone mentioned that in another thread, but maybe my memory isn't serving me well & I have it mixed up with another city.  

Either way, Boston is a busy office.  It's just a matter of how long and quickly the line is and moves.  Too early for him to worry.

It's crazy busy!  As well as a few a month, they do one giant one in June/July for 2500+ people.  The others are a lot smaller

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

1 minute ago, lovelyalex said:

It's crazy busy!  As well as a few a month, they do one giant one in June/July for 2500+ people.  The others are a lot smaller

For us (San Diego) it's once a month, but they cram as many people as they can right up to a week prior.  It can number in the thousands.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, lovelyalex said:

Have you checked your case online at the USCIS website?  If you enter in your case number it will say if you've been placed in line or not.

Hi there, Yes i have. I says Im inline for  oath ceremony

Timeline

GOOD MORNING GUYS!!!

One step closer towards my dream of Becoming a USC, i got a email this morning saying :

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBCxxxxxxxxxxxx. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by August 10, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Cant wait!!!

this is my road so far

Case History

• 06/19/2017
    sign_icon.png

Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

• 04/25/2017
    sign_icon.png

We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization .

• 03/06/2017
    sign_icon.png

We are scheduling your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , for an interview.

• 02/07/2017
    sign_icon.png

We scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment.

• 01/26/2017
    sign_icon.png

We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization .

Edited by Rodrigo Macedo

Timeline
8 hours ago, CookieCat said:

My oath is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. There are 3 of us among December filers from different states getting naturalized on July 27.

Hi there!

Do you think i can apply for my passport at the day of the ceremony? if yes shpuld I bring Photos? or they take  at the place?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Macedo said:

Hi there!

Do you think i can apply for my passport at the day of the ceremony? if yes shpuld I bring Photos? or they take  at the place?

First of all,,,congrats on passing your interview!!

Some oath ceremonies have a table set up for people to apply for passports right after the ceremony, I've heard.  Some places also have a SS table for people to change their status too, I've heard.

I'd bring photos just incase they do.  If they don't offer that service, you can still use the passport photos elsewhere to apply so it's not a waste of money.

Personally, I plan on NOT going through USCIS to submit my passport application---only because I'd rather do it at a USPS passport agency after because, well frankly, I'd like to cut my ties with USCIS altogether after dealing with them for so long, and seeing them mess up so many times with other things.  Plus, I want to photocopy my naturalization certificate first before just sending the original document away mere minutes after I've worked so hard and long to receive it.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

3 minutes ago, Rodrigo Macedo said:

Hi there!

Yes, you can apply as soon as you have the certificate.   You may want to do this separately though so you have time to make a photocopy of the certificate for yourself, as you will be sending in the original with the passport application.  I am doing this.  Besides, most oath ceremonies don't have someone there doing all the processing and mailing for you.

It is advisable to do this immediately, as the Social Security Administration advises at least a 10 day wait before notifying them of your new status and most state DMVs (who verify through the SSA) advise at least 24 hours after notifying the SSA before notifying them.  So you might as well do the passport first.

You can also register to vote right away, but I'll probably do this when I finally do go to the DMV later.  I want the Oath Ceremony day to be fun and stress free. :)

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bugs said:

Yes, you can apply as soon as you have the certificate.   You may want to do this separately though so you have time to make a photocopy of the certificate for yourself, as you will be sending in the original with the passport application.  I am doing this.  Besides, most oath ceremonies don't have someone there doing all the processing and mailing for you.

It is advisable to do this immediately, as the Social Security Administration advises at least a 10 day wait before notifying them of your new status and most state DMVs (who verify through the SSA) advise at least 24 hours after notifying the SSA before notifying them.  So you might as well do the passport first.

You can also register to vote right away, but I'll probably do this when I finally do go to the DMV later.  I want the Oath Ceremony day to be fun and stress free. :)

thanks bugs!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bugs said:

when are you schedule to attend your ceremony bugs?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Going through said:

First of all,,,congrats on passing your interview!!

Some oath ceremonies have a table set up for people to apply for passports right after the ceremony, I've heard.  Some places also have a SS table for people to change their status too, I've heard.

I'd bring photos just incase they do.  If they don't offer that service, you can still use the passport photos elsewhere to apply so it's not a waste of money.

Personally, I plan on NOT going through USCIS to submit my passport application---only because I'd rather do it at a USPS passport agency after because, well frankly, I'd like to cut my ties with USCIS altogether after dealing with them for so long, and seeing them mess up so many times with other things.  Plus, I want to photocopy my naturalization certificate first before just sending the original document away mere minutes after I've worked so hard and long to receive it.

Thank you!

yes you are right about that..Ill do it later then....Im tired of the uscis dealing my stuffs...ALMOST DONE...CONGRATS YOU TOO

Timeline

Guys another guestion,

what should I do with all the paper work from uscis. like interview green card notice and all the paper we all know.

after becoming citizen, do i have to still file them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.