zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MB2017 said:

I mailed my application on July 29th last year and letter is dated as Aug 2nd. Since I filed in July, I am part of this July filer forum instead of August :)

We almost there 😃

I think they will start  touch our cases soon cuz one of 17293 got approved 💪🏼💪🏼🙏🏼

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, opti12 said:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Check Case Status" is an option on USCIS website (https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do), not on the account (login link above). I thought my explanation was clear :) 

So you are saying that the first link - the DHS website - updated, but the second link (USCIS egov site) did not update? Weird how they aren't linked.

My Case status on the dhs link shows :

February 27, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 29, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

But when I go to USCIS link I get this:

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC1729****, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Why is there a difference?

2 minutes ago, Lelyze said:

My Case status on the dhs link shows :

February 27, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 29, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

But when I go to USCIS link I get this:

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC1729****, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Why is there a difference?

Probably two separate systems/databases that are not updated timely, which makes sense consider government efficiency <_<(or lack there of :D)

I just have the Infopass appointment and they said that we are having the new extension letter soon. I think that would apply for everyone applied June-July last year. And she said that we all have to have an interview for 10 year GC, which sounds weird to me according to someone already got approved without interviewing.  Hope we will all have good updates soon. 

On 6/22/2018 at 2:33 PM, AlfNel23 said:

Hi, first and most important you have to submit

1-Copy of Green Card front and back

2-Copy of Marriage Certificate in English

You can also submit additional documents and evidence but they are not necessary cuz you have to bring them to your interview anyways.

* 3 years of tax transcript

*Divorce Certificate

* proof of ur husband or wife citizenship (Birth certificate or Naturalization Certificate)

* If u have kids together Birth Certificate

*Driver license

* we also submitted Health insurance policy for 3 years

*Auto insurance policy for 4 years

*Flight itineraries

*Photos.

*If u have a joint bank account together u can submit ur statements.

You can submit everything u want but if u onlysubmit Green card and Marriage Certificate u will be fine because that's all they ask for.

You MUST bring to ur interview

*Green Card,

*Passport  and all of the documents I mentioned above.  

If u or ur partner have been divorced they will ask u in the application about the date of Marriage, divorce date, name and day of birth of ur or ur partner ex or exes in my case lol. My husband has been divorced 3 times so u can imagine how long was my application.

Thanks. Its a complete detailed list. Best of luck all of us.....

In N-400 form in Part9. Time Outside the United States section:

After arrival in US that is in 2015, I never left US. That means from last three years I am in US. Before my immigration 2015 I was in my country.

My question is since I was in my home country since 2013 to 2015 before immigration. Can you please verify, below are my answers?

1.       How many total days (24 hours or longer) did you spend outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: 730 Days

2.       How many trips of 24 hours or longer have you taken outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: One

3.       List below all the trips …..

Answer: What will be the answer?

Edited by MadeForEachOther_

In N-400 form in Part 8. Information About your Employment and Schools You Attended

If you need extra space, use additional sheets of paper

For additional sheets of paper:

A: Can I use A4 size page create a table same as mention in Part 8?

B: Where I attach this Part 8 Paper at the end of the form or after Part 8 when complete?

I am sending through N-400 through FedEx

Please help.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

In N-400 form in Part9. Time Outside the United States section:

After arrival in US that is in 2015, I never left US. That means from last three years I am in US. Before my immigration 2015 I was in my country.

My question is since I was in my home country since 2013 to 2015 before immigration. Can you please verify, below are my answers?

1.       How many total days (24 hours or longer) did you spend outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: 730 Days

2.       How many trips of 24 hours or longer have you taken outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: One

3.       List below all the trips …..

Answer: What will be the answer?

If you’re filing based on marriage after 3 years, only include details for the last 3 years. So in your case, you spent 0 days outside the U.S. I don’t understand why by this point they don’t put a notation on the application saying “if you’re applying on the basis that you’ve been married to a US citizen for 3 years, only include the past 3 years of information.”

If you’re paper filing, you could do what a lot of others in the same situation have done and cross out the “5” in the question and write “3” instead. Others have opted to just leave it because the application asks which category you’re applying under so USCIS sees that it’s the last 3 years based on marriage and only takes the last 3 years into account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.