ReedLeed

Question about docs needed for CRBA in Philippines

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

12 days is not so bad...it will be over quickly i'm sure. all the best to you and to your family. =)

Well that's 12 days until we can start the CRBA/pasaporte process ;).  But hopefully that goes smoothly. I'm a legit citizen, we have a legit relationship and our daughter is legit mine, but I'm still nervous about being approved! Hopefully we're only a couple quick months away from being together for good and having a good story to tell. I'll be happy to be the one giving advice here then!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/28/2017 at 7:52 AM, ReedLeed said:

Not bad, I might just have to get her the PH passport then. Would we otherwise have to get a clearance ahead of time from NBI just like my fiancée? Plenty of aspects to research and I'm glad for this forum because there isn't a single great resource for this info otherwise. 

If you only leave with her US passport the. YES, you will need to got Philippine immigration and get/pay for exit clearance...otherwise upon departure it is possible they will charge you "overstay" fees.

it is much easier and cheaper if you have the time to get her Philippine passport...and when leaving just present BOTH passports and you should be ok....

I just got my daughters  CRBA and US passport and already have her Philippine passport which we got when she was 4 months old,..and was told by immigration that this is the route to go ..

I-129F

17 March 2017 (Fri): USPS Priority Mail to Lewisville, TX

21 March 2017 (Tue): Delivered to Lewisville, TX

27 March 2017 (Tue): NOA1 via SMS and e-mail - petition assigned to CSC 

1   April 2017 (Sat): Received NOA1 I-797C Hard Copy

25 July 2017 (Tue): NOA2 approval 

29 July 2017 (Sat) : NOA2 Approval notice received by mail

8 August 2017 (Tuesday): NVC case number received

9 August 2017  (Wednesday) : Left NVC for Embassy

10 August 2017 (Thursday): Manila Embassy received and ready status on ceac.

5 September 2017 (Tuesday): Medical Exam SLEC.  X-Ray Positive so Sputum test ordered. Appt for Sputum set

27 September 2017 (Wednesday): Sputum exam x 4 days

1 December 2017 (Friday) : Sputum exam Completed and Vaccinations given . Ready for interview .

7 December 2017 (Thursday): Interview and approval

12 December 2017  (Tuesday): Passport with Visa ready to be picked at 2Go.

17 December 2017 (Sunday) : Flight and POE in USA..

AOS I-485

24 August 2018 (Friday): AOS/EAD/AP packet in mail with USPS tracking number

4 September 2018 (Tuesday): Email and Text of USCIS Acceptance with 3  MSC # for all      (GC,EAD,AP)

8 September 2018 (Saturday):  Received our (3) NOA1 for (GC,EAD,AP)hard copy via mail

25 September 2018 (Tuesday) Biometrics Appointment

02 October 2018 (Tuesday): Case Status updated to Ready to Schedule Interview

28 January 2019: EAD/AP card approved

06 Feb 2019: EAD/AP combo received

09 May 2019: Interview

09 May 2019: 8 hours later Status changed to APPLICATION APPROVED..

14 May 2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

17 May 2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

I-751

13 March 2022 - Filed I-751

22 March 2022 - NOA 1 received

15 July 2022 - notice of biometrics being re-used

21 March 2023 - received 48month extension letter

22 February 2024 - received text/email that new card is being produced. No interview.

07 March 2024 green card sent

09 March 2024 - green card received

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/15/2017 at 6:37 AM, jtona said:

If you only leave with her US passport the. YES, you will need to got Philippine immigration and get/pay for exit clearance...otherwise upon departure it is possible they will charge you "overstay" fees.

it is much easier and cheaper if you have the time to get her Philippine passport...and when leaving just present BOTH passports and you should be ok....

I just got my daughters  CRBA and US passport and already have her Philippine passport which we got when she was 4 months old,..and was told by immigration that this is the route to go ..

Congrats again! Thanks for the help in this thread and others. And thanks to everyone here for compiling all of this super helpful knowledge.

So our CRBA interview was yesterday. Everything went well, they basically took only our photos, forms and notarized passport copies and even gave back the binder of photocopies we sent in prior to the interview. 

But at the end, the American interviewer said they would hold our application for a little bit. She said she'd try to see how long and left for a few minutes. Then she came back and said she wasn't sure exactly how long it would be. We weren't given an RFE or anything. Only told that it wouldn't affect our daughter's citizenship and to just wait. She didn't say anything about being approved, and definitely didn't say anything about a DNA test. She did make a comment about looking at our materials 

I'm really not sure what to think about this. Has anyone out there had anything similar? She gave my fiancee a business card with American Citizen Services Unit contact info (including their very limited inquiry hours). 

I will try the email on the card. Is there a way to check the status of a CRBA?

Seems like the answer to any question during this process is often just wait!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 1:02 AM, ReedLeed said:

Congrats again! Thanks for the help in this thread and others. And thanks to everyone here for compiling all of this super helpful knowledge.

So our CRBA interview was yesterday. Everything went well, they basically took only our photos, forms and notarized passport copies and even gave back the binder of photocopies we sent in prior to the interview. 

But at the end, the American interviewer said they would hold our application for a little bit. She said she'd try to see how long and left for a few minutes. Then she came back and said she wasn't sure exactly how long it would be. We weren't given an RFE or anything. Only told that it wouldn't affect our daughter's citizenship and to just wait. She didn't say anything about being approved, and definitely didn't say anything about a DNA test. She did make a comment about looking at our materials 

I'm really not sure what to think about this. Has anyone out there had anything similar? She gave my fiancee a business card with American Citizen Services Unit contact info (including their very limited inquiry hours). 

I will try the email on the card. Is there a way to check the status of a CRBA?

Seems like the answer to any question during this process is often just wait!

Wow ...very interesting that they didn't tell you either approved ,denied or rfe.....that would have me going crazy....

please keep us apprised as to what happens..thanks for sharing...

I-129F

17 March 2017 (Fri): USPS Priority Mail to Lewisville, TX

21 March 2017 (Tue): Delivered to Lewisville, TX

27 March 2017 (Tue): NOA1 via SMS and e-mail - petition assigned to CSC 

1   April 2017 (Sat): Received NOA1 I-797C Hard Copy

25 July 2017 (Tue): NOA2 approval 

29 July 2017 (Sat) : NOA2 Approval notice received by mail

8 August 2017 (Tuesday): NVC case number received

9 August 2017  (Wednesday) : Left NVC for Embassy

10 August 2017 (Thursday): Manila Embassy received and ready status on ceac.

5 September 2017 (Tuesday): Medical Exam SLEC.  X-Ray Positive so Sputum test ordered. Appt for Sputum set

27 September 2017 (Wednesday): Sputum exam x 4 days

1 December 2017 (Friday) : Sputum exam Completed and Vaccinations given . Ready for interview .

7 December 2017 (Thursday): Interview and approval

12 December 2017  (Tuesday): Passport with Visa ready to be picked at 2Go.

17 December 2017 (Sunday) : Flight and POE in USA..

AOS I-485

24 August 2018 (Friday): AOS/EAD/AP packet in mail with USPS tracking number

4 September 2018 (Tuesday): Email and Text of USCIS Acceptance with 3  MSC # for all      (GC,EAD,AP)

8 September 2018 (Saturday):  Received our (3) NOA1 for (GC,EAD,AP)hard copy via mail

25 September 2018 (Tuesday) Biometrics Appointment

02 October 2018 (Tuesday): Case Status updated to Ready to Schedule Interview

28 January 2019: EAD/AP card approved

06 Feb 2019: EAD/AP combo received

09 May 2019: Interview

09 May 2019: 8 hours later Status changed to APPLICATION APPROVED..

14 May 2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

17 May 2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

I-751

13 March 2022 - Filed I-751

22 March 2022 - NOA 1 received

15 July 2022 - notice of biometrics being re-used

21 March 2023 - received 48month extension letter

22 February 2024 - received text/email that new card is being produced. No interview.

07 March 2024 green card sent

09 March 2024 - green card received

Timeline

It's been quite a ride, as I"m sure just about everyone here experiences. 

I contacted the embassy, and spoke to 3 different reps who clarified what was going on. My daughter's CRBA and passport were approved. But they were put on hold. Apparently there was a State Department guideline sent out that put a hold on issuing the docs for any children born on or after June 12, 2017. My daughter's exact birthday. A little too coincidental, but again I spoke with two reps and one "Examiner" who all gave me the same story. I couldn't corroborate this with any official statements on the State Dept or Embassy websites, so it made me quite nervous.

I contacted my Congressman's office, filled out the release form, and requested a letter/endorsement to see if we could get the docs released. At this point I was sweating it because my fiancee's visa has already been valid for over a month. 

Then my fiancee received a call yesterday from the Embassy. The Examiner advised us that the hold has been released and that our baby's Passport and CRBA is on its way!!! It's been a wild and bizarre and meticulous and stressful ride so far, and I know there's lots more to do, but it just feels great knowing the Passport is on its way. I don't want to get ahead of myself, and I'll try to contain my excitement until it's in hand. But quite a relief when it felt at times like every step becomes two more steps. 

• 3 years later...
On 5/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, DaveVinluan said:

Hello!

I am currently in a similar situation. What exactly did you say to the personnel at the city hall that was able to get you a PSA BC within 12 days? I too need to start my application for CRBA and they are telling me it takes 6-8 months to process.

Thanks for any response!

Say you need to advance endorse the birth certificate. They will give you a letter of endorsement. You might need to go yourself on the NSO/PSA office to submit it.  But you'll get the PSA copy in 10-14 working days. So worth it.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.