MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

I just called the number I gave you and I didn't hear anything about NVC. You have to call during working hours up until 6pm eastern standard time. 

Yes, I will try tomorrow morning. Which option did you select? option 1 is about immigrant visa which when I pressed, It said call NVC. Of course nobodies there now, but I just wanted to try it out to see how it leads me through. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
52 minutes ago, MO&RA said:

Yes, I will try tomorrow morning. Which option did you select? option 1 is about immigrant visa which when I pressed, It said call NVC. Of course nobodies there now, but I just wanted to try it out to see how it leads me through. 

Press 1 and stay on the line until you are connected to someone

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

202-647-6575 Monday-Friday 8-6

Hi, I just tried it to see what it is and what the options are. It's a public information line, and there are some options to choose from.

The first option is to check your visa status and when you choose (1) the recording says that if you are calling about an immigrant visa application please hang up and call the NVC at 603-334-0700 7am to midnight. Non immigrant questions are transferred to another number. Then it transfers you!

That's all.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tarsha said:

Press 1 and stay on the line until you are connected to someone

So it will connect you to the NVC then? And that's where you got your information that said that the case was no longer being processed by the DoS, and that the embassy is the one that is holding up the process? 

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Timeline
51 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Hi, I just tried it to see what it is and what the options are. It's a public information line, and there are some options to choose from.

The first option is to check your visa status and when you choose (1) the recording says that if you are calling about an immigrant visa application please hang up and call the NVC at 603-334-0700 7am to midnight. Non immigrant questions are transferred to another number. Then it transfers you!

That's all.

NVC will only tell you that your case is at the embassy which you know that. Stay on the line and when you get someone (which it is a long hold), they will ask for you case number, beneficiaries name, and date of birth. They will look into your case and tell you what is going on 

51 minutes ago, MO&RA said:

Sure. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help :)

You're welcome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Tarsha said:

NVC will only tell you that your case is at the embassy which you know that. Stay on the line and when you get someone (which it is a long hold), they will ask for you case number, beneficiaries name, and date of birth. They will look into your case and tell you what is going on 

I hope they have some answers. This long wait after interview made me so tired, depressed and frustrated. :( 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

So it will connect you to the NVC then? And that's where you got your information that said that the case was no longer being processed by the DoS, and that the embassy is the one that is holding up the process? 

No, NVC is a totally different number. I called them previously and I called USCIS as well, who are the ones that told me all forms beginning with ds is through the Department of State. At that time I called the Department of State (the number I gave you) and spoke with the DOS. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

Okay, sorry for so many questions, but I agree, with the first thing you said - the NVC will only tell you that your case is at the embassy...

So...do you mean that the NVC agent was able to tell you something or the NVC agent only told you "your case is at the embassy, sorry"...  and then you were transferred to some other office??

Timeline
52 minutes ago, MO&RA said:

I hope they have some answers. This long wait after interview made me so tired, depressed and frustrated. :( 

I know how you feel. We been waiting for going on 7 months and our anniversary is in 7 days so I feel your pain. I am now requesting to speak with a supervisor at the embassy so I'll update that information soon. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Okay, sorry for so many questions, but I agree, with the first thing you said - the NVC will only tell you that your case is at the embassy...

So...do you mean that the NVC agent was able to tell you something or the NVC agent only told you "your case is at the embassy, sorry"...  and then you were transferred to some other office??

No, I have not spoken to NVC in months. I spoke with the Department of State. The number to NVC is 603-334-0888, if you want to speak to them, but as we have agreed on, they just know that the petition has not been sent back for NOIR

Timeline
1 hour ago, MO&RA said:

The ds5535 is not even a form on the Department of State website. The form expired in November 2017, but I see people have been asked to respond the same questions that are asked for during the form. I spoke with someone and basically, I think we are all experiencing the black hole of the regular administrative processing (which has no time frame and what I was dreading). Request to speak to a supervisor within the embassy in which your case is currently at. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

No, I have not spoken to NVC in months. I spoke with the Department of State. The number to NVC is 603-334-0888, if you want to speak to them, but as we have agreed on, they just know that the petition has not been sent back for NOIR

Sorry, I feel really dumb right about now :blink: but I still don't understand how you were able to talk to someone at the DoS if, when you call the DoS number,  the only option to ask about visas leads you directly to the NVC.

Sorry!! I would really like to talk to someone too. :(

Timeline
53 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Sorry, I feel really dumb right about now :blink: but I still don't understand how you were able to talk to someone at the DoS if, when you call the DoS number,  the only option to ask about visas leads you directly to the NVC.

Sorry!! I would really like to talk to someone too. :(

Lol...so you can call at this time because I just spoke with someone just so I know I am not crazy and to basically inquire on some more information and I was just told that our ds-5535 information was returned back to the embassy in September. Please call now to see what they tell you. I am so interested in the response. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

Lol...so you can call at this time because I just spoke with someone just so I know I am not crazy and to basically inquire on some more information and I was just told that our ds-5535 information was returned back to the embassy in September. Please call now to see what they tell you. I am so interested in the response. 

hahaha sorry I don't mean to imply anything :P:jest:

So... and I'm afraid to ask you this, but... which number am I calling? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.