XavierFR

Question for I-134 Affidavit of support (Sponsor)

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

I am trying to start the I-134 (affidavit of support) to help my fiancée.

Me and my fiancée are both students (however I finish college this month), so people adviced us to get sponsored by her mom (she is engineer).

It means, her mom will fill the I-134 file, however for the "Beneficiary's Physical Address" section , do we have to write my french address or my fiancée's address (where we will live at first) ?

And last question to be sure, am I the beneficiary in this situation or is it my fiancée ?

Thank you

Edited by XavierFR

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, aleful said:

as the petitioner, your fiancé must file an i134 as well, her mom is her joint sponsor

you are the beneficiary

Ok thank you, so I write my own address on the paper, and for relationship, her mom has to write "Son in Law" ?

Edited by XavierFR

Timeline
6 hours ago, LolaaBrett said:

I'm confused because I seen someone post in a forum that the k1 visa joint sponsor is supposed to fill out the 864 instead of the I-134

Ah I thought the I-134 was for the interview (just to show to person at the embassy) and the 864 was for later , more official and intended for the US Government

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, XavierFR said:

Ah I thought the I-134 was for the interview (just to show to person at the embassy) and the 864 was for later , more official and intended for the US Government

That's what I thought I just sent off the package I don't want any problems

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kumar01 said:

technically, either the I-864 or the I-134 are allowed to be used in the K-1 visa interview as Affidavit of Support. Technically, yes.

But the common practice is to use the I-134. You wouldn't be rejected if you accidentally brought the I-864 to the interview (assuming it was filled out correctly). 

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.