SJI

Skype call log issue

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to locate a software to download skype call histories between me and my girl friend for K1 visa application. Since I am using mac, it is very hard for me to find a suitable software. I tried skypecalllog but later found out it's does not support mac. I have been searching whole day and still unable to find anything. I copied and pasted all chats in MS word. However, it is like 1000 pages plus it only shows chat and no call duration. I prefer to show call duration instead of chat messages. What should I do? Its making me so frustrated :/. Any suggestion?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had this issue too. In the end I never found anything and just edited the chat log down to 50 pages. They didn't seem to mind that there was no call history included.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I had the same issue and I have mac too. so what I did is this: !- I copied all the chat and paste it into word document then I printed like 50 pages out of hundreds. 2- I took a screen shut for where it show a video calls and also where we exchange pictures of us then I printed that screen shuts and added them to the other documents.

If you guys use Viber or WhatsApp there is something there is called backup messages which enable you to send all your chat history to your email then you print it as well. It is amazing that it gives the hour, minuet, and seconds. 

Hope this was helpful,

Best of luck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I just took screenshots of the parts of the conversation that I wanted them to see, and the parts where it shows phonecalls, what date they happened and how long they were. Pasted the screenshots two and two and printed. Took two screenshots per months, no reason to send them complete chats. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Thank you guys for helpful tips. I am tired of finding a suitable app to download skype call log from my mac. I just pasted all our conversations on MS word. Its like 900 pages. I am now in the process of reviewing the contents and deleting any irrelevant chats which is a lengthy process. Good luck to me :D. I am also considering taking screen shot of call logs of last 6 months as well as our notable face book posts :D. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I found a pretty awesome little 3rd party software while searching this topic on the Skype forums.

It's called SkypeLogView and can be found here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

It's pretty minimal and does a great job of extracting what we need and saving it to a .txt file that you can print out. It'll also let you filter out certain things or users. :)

AOS from K1 Timeline:

Spoiler

10/25/2017 -Mailed AOS packet including I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS
10/27/2017 -Packet arrived at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

11/01/2017 -Priority Date
11/02/2017 -SMS Confirmation
11/06/2017 -NOA I-797 received for all 3

12/01/2017 -Went to scheduled biometrics appt
01/09/2018 -Receipt available online: AoS finally updated, EAD/AP still getting "Case number invalid" 

01/09/2018 - AoS is marked ready for interview to be scheduled. waiting for date.

02/02/2018 -Receive Paper approval notices for EAD/AP. Day 94. Receipt numbers FINALLY updated from invalid to approved lol.

02/07/2018 - Receive EAD/AP combo card in the mail. Day 99

30/07/2018 - Received notice of appointment for AoS interview scheduled 9/12

12/9/2018 - Had AoS interview and was approved! Day 320

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.