Financial documents for K1 visa

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, inna1995 said:

Ok.  Thanks.

Could embassy check it?

I mean see his tax return?

If I am not going to show his tax return.

What are going to show as a proof of his income for 2016?

P.S. Keep in mind he needs to amend the tax return for Tax year 2016 NO MATTER if the Embassy knows or not... Filing status was wrong, most likely his tax liability got reduced because of  that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ToddB said:

What are going to show as a proof of his income for 2016?

P.S. Keep in mind he needs to amend the tax return for Tax year 2016 NO MATTER if the Embassy knows or not... Filing status was wrong, most likely his tax liability got reduced because of  that. 

W2 and bank statement (shows that he gets salary every 2 weeks).

Is it not enough?

The most important to show income for 2016, right? W2 shows his income.

Edited by inna1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, inna1995 said:

W2 and bank statement (shows that he gets salary every 2 weeks).

Is it not enough?

The most important to show income for 2016, right? W2 shows his income.

1. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT: Any evidence from your American spouse/fiancé(e) which will show the consular officer that you and members of your family who will accompany you will not become public charges while in the United States. Documentation regarding financial support can be in any form – preferably one year of tax returns, W-2s, bank statements, earning statements, letters from employers. PRESENTING ONLY THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 FORM IS NOT SUFFICIENT. The I-864 form is not required for a fiancé(e) visa.

https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/how-to-apply/

You should be ready to explain why a Tax return for tax year 2016 is not presented  - you may be asked for that... And i would say the truth. 

I would also try to get a letter from Employer..

Good luck!!!

Edited by ToddB

A tax return is usually requested by a CO for a K-1 visa. If he sees taxes were filed as married then he will may refuse the visa.

A tax return is mandatory for the I-864 for AOS.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
50 minutes ago, inna1995 said:

Ok.  Thanks.

Could embassy check it?

I mean see his tax return?

If I am not going to show his tax return.

When do you have your interview?... 

Maybe, your Fiance still could amend his tax return like today, than scan 1040X and email this to you.

Anyway, even if the Embassy doesn't ask for tax return for 2016, it is going to be a part of your AOS. So as it's been stated before - needs to be amended. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Question: my fiancé does not meet income requirements so he is putting his land up as asset and with this we do meet the requirements but what do we need to show as proof for the lands worth? Is an rpo enough or does it have to be an qualified appraisal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.