907 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, remyfk said:

And if the table shows you're are a little behind, don't fret. They only update that page every 3 or 4 weeks. For example...in our case...Atlanta field office, the page was updated Feb 15, 2018. It shows that as of December 31, 2017 all cases with the PD of Feb 7, 2017 for the N400 have been called. The normal processing times for Atlanta is somewhere between 6 to 8 months as they tell us...though many have only got their interviews just beyond 8-9 months. We applied June 1, 2017. And he was done with his biometrics in the 1st week of August 2017...so in line for interview since August 2017...my husband was scheduled an interview for March 9, 2018 on January 29, 2018. He passed the interview (thanks to God) and now he is scheduled for his oath ceremony on March 23, 2018...hang in there!! You'll get there soon :-) :-)

Yes ma’am, the wait and not being able to do anything is the worst. Happy to hear about your husband, I know how important it is, and the relief in your family must be unreal. Congrats 👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, remyfk said:

And if the table shows you're are a little behind, don't fret. They only update that page every 3 or 4 weeks. For example...in our case...Atlanta field office, the page was updated Feb 15, 2018. It shows that as of December 31, 2017 all cases with the PD of Feb 7, 2017 for the N400 have been called. The normal processing times for Atlanta is somewhere between 6 to 8 months as they tell us...though many have only got their interviews just beyond 8-9 months. We applied June 1, 2017. And he was done with his biometrics in the 1st week of August 2017...so in line for interview since August 2017...my husband was scheduled an interview for March 9, 2018 on January 29, 2018. He passed the interview (thanks to God) and now he is scheduled for his oath ceremony on March 23, 2018...hang in there!! You'll get there soon :-) :-)

Remy/everyone,

I would like to shed some light on a major flaw on the USCIS Processing Times website I just discovered last month when I was on the phone with an IO. DO NOT consider or assign any value to the table header, where it says "... AS OF DEC 31, 2017". As I was shockingly advised by multiple IOs, that is a flaw they have on their site & they dont know how it works (bunch of BS if you ask me) As per them, the dates in the table are as of the date when the website was last updated! 

So in the example stated above, the Atlanta office was processing cases of Feb 7 2017  AS OF FEB 15, 2018!!

I WAS shocked beyond belief to find this out. IT totally screws up everyone's timeline  & expectation of a resolution to their application. Please feel free to call USCIS & confirm with them. Hope someone can say that I'm wrong! 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Rafael Taima said:

Every June filer pretty much have an interview scheduled, and some already got their oath notice and/or their citizenship. While I sit here on my in line for interview since 7/13/2017 lol. Congrats to all that have finished or is about to put an end to this long arduous journey!!! Maybe, mine will be over by 2020 😭

Rafael,

I'm in the same boat. I filed on June 3 from Newark. My case hasn't moved since Fingerprinting on 6/13. I see other people getting the interviews & citizenship who applied in Newark. 

Unfortunately theres nothing we can do. :'(

Timeline
11 hours ago, Rafael Taima said:

Every June filer pretty much have an interview scheduled, and some already got their oath notice and/or their citizenship. While I sit here on my in line for interview since 7/13/2017 lol. Congrats to all that have finished or is about to put an end to this long arduous journey!!! Maybe, mine will be over by 2020 😭

btw can you post your information like when did you file, where did you file etcc

1 hour ago, coolleo89 said:

Rafael,

I'm in the same boat. I filed on June 3 from Newark. My case hasn't moved since Fingerprinting on 6/13. I see other people getting the interviews & citizenship who applied in Newark. 

Unfortunately theres nothing we can do. :'(

I know 😩

i have passed all the initial tests with the Phoenix police department, but have been stuck in the process until I acquire the citizenship. Our time will come though, hopefully sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, coolleo89 said:

btw can you post your information like when did you file, where did you file etcc

Sure.

My application was received by the Houston office on 6-13-2017.

fingerprints were taken 6-20-2017.

in line for interview 7-13-2017. 

Re-located to Phoenix on 2-1-2018 and changed the address online, received a confirmation on 2-9-2018. 

I have an infopass scheduled for the 20th, to ensure my file has been transferred and not just sitting there in TX still. 

On 3/12/2018 at 1:26 AM, remyfk said:
Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Lewisville TX Lockbox
CIS Office : Atlanta GA
Date Filed : 2017-05-26
NOA Date : 2017-06-01
Bio. Appt. : 2017-06-27
Interview Date : 2018-03-09
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2018-03-23
Comments :

Hi,

I have a quick question. Can I accompany my husband during his interview and oath ceremony?

Will they let me enter the office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, JAtlanta said:

Hi,

I have a quick question. Can I accompany my husband during his interview and oath ceremony?

During interview - NO (you may only wait in the waiting room). During Oath -YES. 

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

7 hours ago, ZonaZoo said:

Houston is the slowest field office in the country. According to the USCIS website, Houston is only processing N400 cases from October 2016 :blink: (as of Dec 2017). Unfortunately for us, Phoenix is possibly the second worst. They are processing cases from Jan 2017 (as of Feb 2018). I wonder is the slow performance of offices in Arizona and Texas due to massive numbers of our amigos south of the border migrating to these states. Cities like Boise in Idaho have much, much quicker processing times due to the small number of immigrants who move there. USCIS should transfer cases from over-burdened field offices like Phoenix to quieter ones like Boise to even out the workload and keep the system moving. But that would make too much sense...

Lol so I went from worst to second worse, undoubtedly the amigo influx plays a part on the delay. What you said of case load to offices that are caught up is a great idea. I passed all the initial tests with Phoenix PD, and now I’m stuck due to the lack of citizenship 😩. Keep me posted on your journey brother, I will let you know how the infopass appointment went. 

On 3/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, juliava said:

Hi there, when I mailed out my application I sent tax transcrips for the past three years, a copy of our installment agreement that was in effect at that time, plus a copy of most recent IRS statement and payment (which we use to receive in the mail every month). At the interview, the IO asked to see a copy of the most recent installment agreement, and a copy of the most recent statement and payment. Actually I remember him asking "do you have anything with you that shows that you are paying?" He also asked briefly why did we fall behind on taxes. I explained that, at that time I was in graduate school and I couldn't hold a full time job. At the interview I had copies of tax transcripts for all the past 5 years (initially I sent only for the past 3 but I applied under the 5-year rule so I was prepared to show 2012 and 2013 taxes as well). However, the IO did not ask to see my tax transcripts at all (I guess they were satisfied with what I initially sent). Honestly,  I was very nervous about the IRS talk and, believe me, I owe more than you do, but the IO did not give me a hard time. Just make sure you have the transcripts, the installment agreement and proof of most recent payment. Good luck! 

what is the installment agreement? I only have 2014, 2016 and 2017 tax paper. My spouse and i didn't work in 2016. she lost her job and i was a student. is it okay?

On 13/03/2018 at 11:58 AM, Rafael Taima said:

Yes ma’am, the wait and not being able to do anything is the worst. Happy to hear about your husband, I know how important it is, and the relief in your family must be unreal. Congrats 👍

Thank you Rafael Taima😊😊

18 hours ago, coolleo89 said:

Remy/everyone,

I would like to shed some light on a major flaw on the USCIS Processing Times website I just discovered last month when I was on the phone with an IO. DO NOT consider or assign any value to the table header, where it says "... AS OF DEC 31, 2017". As I was shockingly advised by multiple IOs, that is a flaw they have on their site & they dont know how it works (bunch of BS if you ask me) As per them, the dates in the table are as of the date when the website was last updated! 

So in the example stated above, the Atlanta office was processing cases of Feb 7 2017  AS OF FEB 15, 2018!!

I WAS shocked beyond belief to find this out. IT totally screws up everyone's timeline  & expectation of a resolution to their application. Please feel free to call USCIS & confirm with them. Hope someone can say that I'm wrong! 

@ coolleo89...Wow! I didn't know that. That's actually stupid then..them including the "as of dates"..what's the point? To confuse people more? Thanks a lot for the update..I apologize for the error in misinterpreting those charts.

14 hours ago, JAtlanta said:

Hi,

I don't really know. I think they only allow the applicants inside. I have no way of knowing because I'm waiting in UAE for the F2A/IR interview. I haven't visited the US at all. I'm sorry I couldn't help you on this.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:30 PM, remyfk said:

JAtlanta .....Hi!!Sorry for the late reply. My husband has his citizen interview today..we'll update you on that here once it's done. We applied under F2A - India for mother & child

PD: June 8, 2016

CC: December 15, 2017

Interview requested at Abu Dhabi, UAE. 

We had already filed our daughter's application as a separate one just in case he got his citizen interview early..didn't want it to be delayed any longer.

Hi,

What is CC ? and your interview has already scheduled or you are still waiting?

1 hour ago, JAtlanta said:

Hi,

What is CC ? and your interview has already scheduled or you are still waiting?

@JAtlantaCC is case complete for our immigrant interview - which I'm hoping would be called next month. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.