isaac124

waiting for interview letter.. NERVOUS! need assurance

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I did a couple things wrong... I'm a little worried.

First, I did the DS-260 on maybe april 1st.. but I didn't go through the signature page. totally dumb as it should have been obvious.. but I filled it all out except for the very last page.

I have two applications, one for my wife and one for my wife's son (aka my step-son).

On April 9th, I sent in the supporting documents and affidavit of support for both my wife and step-son. There was an error in both of the affidavit of supports. I thought i was supposed to list the other person in part 3.. but that is incorrect I should not have put any names in part 3. Also i inverted the birthday on my step-son's affidavit and put his name down in part 2.

They sent me two letters on April 13th explaining my mistakes.  one for each applicant. 

part 1 of the letter says to complete the ds-260. this I ignored because i thought for sure the ds-260 was finished..

There is a line in this that says "To avoid delaying your visa(s) we urge you to send the required supporting civil documents, for all applicants, together in a single submission as soon as possible after submitting the DS-260." 

---------Does this line mean that the supporting documents which i had sent on April 9th should be re-sent AFTER the ds-260 is actually completed??? (If this is so, can someone help me to decide what i should do now?? because i think i did it wrong.)

Part 2 of the letter they say they reviewed the affidavit of support

Sooo they asked that I should re-send a corrected affidavit of support for my step son. But they said that i SHOULD NOT send a corrected affidavit of support for my wife instead I should give the corrected affidavit of support to my wife to bring to the interview. 

On April 24th, I sent this corrected affidavit for my step-son as requested. And i did not send a corrected affidavit for my wife as instructed.

On April 27th, I received ONLY ONE letter in regards to my step-son's case. I have not received any letters in regards to my wife's case since the first on April 13th.  

This new letter was a repeat of the second letter except it didn't contain "part 2" from the previous letter. It only contained the same information about the DS-260.

Still i did not realize my error with the DS-260 until May 1st. My official signed completion date for the DS-260 is may 1st for both of my applications. 

I have not heard anything since. 

I am concerned that maybe I need to re-send my supporting documents for the DS-260 since It seems to be indicated everywhere in the instructions that the DS-260 should have been completed before any of the e-mails were sent out.

Maybe it is the sending of the e-mails that stimulates the NVC to review my case and send it to the consulate if everything checks out as correct? If I send the documents again, do I risk delaying my case further?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Isaac

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

are you doing e-mail or snail mail processing? they can only start working on your case only after the ds-260 is complete. If you are doing e-mail processing you should hear from them soon, otherwise you still got at least another month of waiting. 

best of luck!

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I don't see why that would be a problem. You made a mistake, they nudged you about it, you corrected it. Since you haven't heard anything in a month and you're doing e-mail processing, they're probably satisfied with what you offered them documentation-wise. From what I've read you should probably be hearing from them soon, since May 1 is kind of the official "scan date" of your documents.

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you called NVC to inquire? 

09-Jul-2016 ✳ Married in Canada !  ♥ ❣ 💒

USCIS   

06-Sep-2016  I-130 sent to Arizona Lockbox

13-Sep-2016  Email "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation" , Check cashed

18-Sep-2016  NOA1, hardcopy received [PD 08-Sep-2016]

Case accepted, routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
20-Sep-2016
  USCIS shows "Case Was Received"

22-Mar-2017  USCIS shows "Case Approved"

30-Mar-2017  NOA2, hardcopy received [193 days from NOA1 to NOA 2] 

30-Mar-2017  USCIS shows ''Case sent to Department of State

NVC & Embassy

01-Apr-2017  NVC rec'd case

06-Apr-2017  NVC case # assigned, email added  [7 days from NOA2 to Case Number assigned] 

10-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC IIN assigned, DS-261 & AOS Unlocked, DS-261 submitted & AOS Fee paid online

12-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC Welcome email received

18-Apr-2017 ✳ IV Fee Unlocked, Fee paid online

20-Apr-2017 ✳ DS-260 Unlocked   

30-Apr-2017  DS-260 submitted

11-May-2017  AOS & IV Pkg Submitted via email

👍 N/A  Scan Date     👍 N/A  Case completed

16-May-2017  Called to inquire, informed Case Completed! [40 days from Case Number assigned to Case Complete] 

18-May-2017  Official Interview Appointment letter received via email for June 27, 2017     

282 Days from NOA1 to Interview (9 months 9 days) 

18-May-2017  CEAC shows case at NVC   19-May-2017  CEAC shows case in TRANSIT   23-May-2017  CEAC shows case is READY

23-Aug-2017  Y  웃유  G I R L  ヅ 👶 👧 🚺 

28-Nov-2017 ✳ New interview date

Embassy

20-Nov-2017  Medical at Surrey, BC

28-Nov-2017 ✳ Interview at Montreal Consulate  APPROVED:dancing:

07-Dec-2017  CEAC case update to AP   CEAC Case Last updated:  11-Dec-2017 ; 26-Jan-2018 ; 31-Jan-2018

05-Feb-2018  Visa in hand   63 Days in AP

06-Feb-2018  Immigration fee paid online
27-Feb-2018 ✳ POE

07-Mar-2018  SSN received

13-Apr-2018 ✳ Green Card in hand

00-???-201? ✳ Adjustment of Status

Wiki on NVC Process     -     Wiki for Canadian Spouses for NVC

Personal Checklist - MTL-NVC to Interview Process  - Thx JessieABC for sharing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.