beameup

I-130 at NVC, I-120F still at USCIS

9 posts in this topic

I submitted the I-130 last year and it was forwarded to NVC on Dec. 29th.

I then submitted the I-129F to USCIS on Jan. 29th and it is still sitting there (it was moved around a bit) and is now at the CSC Laguna Niguel.

Since then I have determined that I really do not want the K-3 visa for my spouse because she has a job waiting.

I am assuming that the CR-1 (I-130) will be approved and forwarded to the embassy and that the I-129F will just sit there at USCIS. Is this a correct assumption?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you sure your I-130 was forwarded to the NVC? I don't know about your case but because I had an I-129F in process my I-130 was approved and held at the CSC. I could have submitted a form and paid a fee to have it forwarded but since we're going the K-3 route I didn't. If your I-130 is at the NVC I'm pretty sure you can call them to verify and get a case number.

Edited by Robor007

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I submitted the I-130 last year and it was forwarded to NVC on Dec. 29th.

I then submitted the I-129F to USCIS on Jan. 29th and it is still sitting there (it was moved around a bit) and is now at the CSC Laguna Niguel.

Since then I have determined that I really do not want the K-3 visa for my spouse because she has a job waiting.

I am assuming that the CR-1 (I-130) will be approved and forwarded to the embassy and that the I-129F will just sit there at USCIS. Is this a correct assumption?

Basically, you have it backwards. The K3 proceeds under its own power. The CR1 requires your participation. I would call NVC with your case number to verify they have it. In all likelyhood they don't. You probably need to file an I-824 telling them you intend to see the CR1 through to completion instead of pursuing the K3/AOS process. The I-824 fee is $200. This procedure changed last fall. Call NVC at 603.334.0700-1-5. You need to talk to a person. Forget the automated system.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

They not only have it (I-130) but I have already completed the process with NVC by sending both the completed I-864 and the completed DS-230 and both have been received by NVC but not processed as of yet. I used James' shortcuts. The NVC case number was assigned on Dec. 29, 2006.

Meanwhile, the I-129F just sits there at USCIS.

Edited by beameup

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
They not only have it (I-130) but I have already completed the process with NVC by sending both the completed I-864 and the completed DS-230 and both have been received by NVC but not processed as of yet. I used James' shortcuts. The NVC case number was assigned on Dec. 29, 2006.

Good. The I-129 just isn't approved yet. In your case, it will probably become a moot point but I would continue to let it run in the race because it actually may catch and pass the CR1. If the P3 for the K3 gets to your wife before her CR1 interview is scheduled, she should return it and let the interview be scheduled for K3. Then when the CR1 catches up, the interview will actually be for a CR1 visa but at the earlier date. The lead can change hands a couple times but in the end the CR1 is the winner as long as it arrives on station before the interview.

Its a race. Go with the horse that gets you the earlier interview date.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

beameup,

The NVC doesn't "process" the DS-230 and I-864. The NVC reviews the submissions for completeness and then forwards them along with the USCIS-approved I-130 to the consulate. It's the consulate that processes the visa application.

Yodrak

OK, then I am assuming that since the NVC "sets up" the interview date that they take into consideration the amount of time needed for the U.S. Embassy in Manila to actually "process" the Visa?

beameup,

The NVC doesn't "process" the DS-230 and I-864. The NVC reviews the submissions for completeness and then forwards them along with the USCIS-approved I-130 to the consulate. It's the consulate that processes the visa application.

Yodrak

Edited by beameup

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm confused, why did you send the I-129F after your I-130 was approved and sent to the NVC?

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.