shyderalirizvi

Confusion about checklist from NVC!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,
I recently received a checklist from NVC indicating that my Marriage certificate is not correct and some Financial supporting documents are missing.
The main confusion though for me is that they mentioned at one place that you do not need to submit documents to NVC, to exactly quote the line its written

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While

we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect

the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

"If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:

 Fill out a new form online.

 Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.

If there are supporting documents missing:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to NVC."

But right below this is written 

"We cannot accept the marriage certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document

so we can continue to process your case."

I am confused as to send the New Marraige certificate to NVC or keep it till i get an interview date. Kindly help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
13 minutes ago, shyderalirizvi said:

Hi,
I recently received a checklist from NVC indicating that my Marriage certificate is not correct and some Financial supporting documents are missing.
The main confusion though for me is that they mentioned at one place that you do not need to submit documents to NVC, to exactly quote the line its written

We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While

we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect

the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

"If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:

 Fill out a new form online.

 Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.

If there are supporting documents missing:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to NVC."

But right below this is written 

"We cannot accept the marriage certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document

so we can continue to process your case."

I am confused as to send the New Marraige certificate to NVC or keep it till i get an interview date. Kindly help!

Send a copy to the NVC and take the original to the embassy interview!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.