Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sweetswinks

ROC Drivers License renewal in PA, no passport for stamp

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I have an interesting situation and I can't find any threads regarding PA DMV during ROC.

I am an Australian citizen, my passport has expired, I need to drive to Washington DC (4hrs away) to apply for a new passport. 
My DL expires July 18 (8 weeks from now), I am sending my ROC application this week. Will I receive the 1 year extension letter before or after biometrics appointment letter? Or is it the same as the I-797 NOA?

If I encounter any issues with the DMV in Pittsburgh, I would probably be suggested to get a stamp in my passport. Problem is I am still waiting for my Dad to get his Birth Certificate which I need to get my own passport. 

 

Has anyone had issues getting their drivers license renewed in PA with just the extension letter? 

 

Thank you for your help in advance!

 

 

 


05-25-2017: Sent I-751 Lifting Conditions package (5 Pounds!) to VSC
06-02-2017: Check cashed

06-05-2017: Received NOA/Extension letter dated 05-30

06-07-2018: Green card produced (ROC Approved)

For my full timeline of K1, AOS and ROC click here!
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sweetswinks said:

Hi everyone,

 

I have an interesting situation and I can't find any threads regarding PA DMV during ROC.

I am an Australian citizen, my passport has expired, I need to drive to Washington DC (4hrs away) to apply for a new passport. 
My DL expires July 18 (8 weeks from now), I am sending my ROC application this week. Will I receive the 1 year extension letter before or after biometrics appointment letter? Or is it the same as the I-797 NOA?

If I encounter any issues with the DMV in Pittsburgh, I would probably be suggested to get a stamp in my passport. Problem is I am still waiting for my Dad to get his Birth Certificate which I need to get my own passport. 

 

Has anyone had issues getting their drivers license renewed in PA with just the extension letter? 

 

Thank you for your help in advance!

 

 

 

You should be able to get the DL with your expired card and your letter. If you dont have an expired GC like myself and you dont have a passport then you can make an info pass to get an i55i put into a card, you will have to take two photographs with you. You shouldnt have a problem though with the letter and your expired GC its only when you dont have that expired GC you will have problems or if ROC takes over a year.

Edited by shell20

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

 

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

 

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

 

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

 

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shell20 said:

You should be able to get the DL with your expired card and your letter. If you dont have an expired GC like myself and you dont have a passport then you can make an info pass to get an i55i put into a card, you will have to take two photographs with you. You shouldnt have a problem though with the letter and your expired GC its only when you dont have that expired GC you will have problems or if ROC takes over a year.

 

 

Thank you! I am very apprehensive about visiting the DMV next month with my extension letter (once I receive the letter from USCIS)  
Did you encounter any issues renewing your DL with the letter? Or did you go to an infopass and get a stamp?
I plan to go down to Washington DC to get my new passport at some point, we're just pressed for time right now.

 

Edited by sweetswinks

05-25-2017: Sent I-751 Lifting Conditions package (5 Pounds!) to VSC
06-02-2017: Check cashed

06-05-2017: Received NOA/Extension letter dated 05-30

06-07-2018: Green card produced (ROC Approved)

For my full timeline of K1, AOS and ROC click here!
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweetswinks said:

 

 

Thank you! I am very apprehensive about visiting the DMV next month with my extension letter (once I receive the letter from USCIS)  
Did you encounter any issues renewing your DL with the letter? Or did you go to an infopass and get a stamp?
I plan to go down to Washington DC to get my new passport at some point, we're just pressed for time right now.

 

I didnt have a Green card as it was stolen. They told me I needed the letter AND either an expired GC or an i55i in my passport.  They will need your letter and expired GC. If you dont have a Green card which I didnt you have to go to the field office in Pittsburgh. If you dont have a passport, like you dont they can put a stamp onto/into a card which requires two photographs. You shouldn't need to do any of this if you have the expired GC and letter.


Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

 

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

 

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

 

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

 

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×