Cillio

Forms I864 and 1864A

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear All .

I need some Help . Im the beneficiary and my wife is the petitioner. 

My wife not working at all and she living in her mother house and her mother gonna be

My co sponsor .her mother is the owner of the house .so my wife and her mother and the daughter of my wife  the 3 of them living toghter . So i need to know exactly what forms they have to fill ?  

PS . Im gonna live with them .

Edited by Cillio

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Wow, I don't know where to start but I was struck by your question.  Simply, its way more than a few forms to fill out.  My Lady and I are about to interview for a k1 and we had a lot of work to do just so we could begin to fill out the forms.  Needed to qualify so we could fill out the forms. I  suggest you start reading and study to learn enough so you can ask specific and intelligent questions.  You need to do that even if you hire an attorney.  Its not easy, it takes a long time and it will put lots of stress on you and your Significant Other ("SO").  I will say there is method to the USCIS Madness in that it will prompt several conversations between you and your SO such to ensure you have your act together and weed out the fraudulent or hopelessly doomed  applications.  I've practiced law almost 20 years (not Immigration) and never saw such a tangled mess of rules, policies and random discretion.  Bottom line is you need to start reading and studying so you can learn when you can qualify  to submit  forms.

As your wife is currently living with her mom, from my understanding these are the forms that will need to be filled out;

-Your wife (sponsor) will fill out I-864 (since she most likely has not paid any taxes in the past year, all she will need to do is write a letter stating the reason why she has not needed to file taxes; i.e unemployed)

-Your Mom In-law (Co-Sponsor) will fill out I-864A 

and provide the necessary proofs that are needed for this application. 

Please see the following links.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html Gives explanation of what you need to collect for AOS and how.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864-affidavit-support-under-section-213a-ina Gives explanation on I-864

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864a-contract-between-sponsor-and-household-member Gives explanation on I-864A

I hope this helps and good luck:) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.