Rsul96

I'm compiling my packet to begin filing, and I'm stressed out trying to make everything perfect. A bunch of questions. Help very much so appreciated.

2 posts in this topic

So I've began filing my packet to send to the USCIS but I have so many doubt about whether it's correct etc. and I want it to be perfect because my wife (We're legally married in Algeria) and I would like to be together as soon as possible.

Firstly. Form G-325 and form G-325A are no longer needed correct? I have a filled out form I-130 and form I-130A in my packet. Is this all that is necessary now, or do they still require the G325 and G325A?

Secondly. On my form I-130, and I-130A I have left literally no boxes empty. Is this the correct way of filling it out? Even the boxes that really seem like they should be left empty as they're of no relevance, and do not apply (Such as work addresses for my never employed wife) have either a "None" or a "N/A" in them. Is this how it should be filled out, or should I leave anything blank as a sign of formality?

Third. I completed as much of the form electronically as was possible, then I went through with a pen (Black ink, signature is in Blue ink) and filled in the other parts of the form. Is this acceptable? Also, since it was printed out, in some areas of the form (Such as where it asks for the place of residence, in the State area), there's little arrows pointing downwards that indicate a drop down menu. Is this a big enough deal that it will deny us?

Fourth. In my wife's country addresses rarely ever mention the street name. So in the address section for my wife (the beneficiary) I was conflicted on what to put in Street name and number. Since my wife lives in an apartment, in a building with a name I was wondering whether I should put the building name in this section instead, or should I put the actual name of the street? In the end, I put the name of the street and then on the last page I put extra information stating this

The building name is <Building name here> Bloc B. Her home is unit 6

The postal address I have used previously to mail to her would make no mention of the street name, and would be written as follows.

<Building name here> Bloc B 6
Canastel, Oran, Algerie, 31045

Will the USCIS and the consulate in her country know how to send the packet to her home when they need to contact her to arrange her medical examination and interview? I'm concerned that if I put information that's unclear here, she will never get the paperwork she needs.

Fourth. On page 8 of form I-130, items 61.a., 61.b. and 62.a. - 62.c. What are they for? Do I fill out either 61.a and 61.b and leave the others with "N/A"? Or what? I'm filing for a CR-1 visa to be clear so I'm not sure if I should fill out all of these or leave one as N/A or None.

Lastly (For now). I can't seem to find an exact, current checklist of everything I should include in the form I-130 package that I mail the USCIS. Should I be mailing originals of our marriage records, or copies? Can the copies be in color? What else do I need to send them besides the filled form I-130 and I-130A, our marriage records to prove we're married legally, and photos of us both?

I was thinking perhaps it'd be helpful if I sent them a few photos from our wedding?

Thank you so much, I know it's a lot to ask but I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

1. Correct, no longer needed and no longer mentioned in instructions.

2. Correct - from the instructions 

'If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks, “Provide the name of your current spouse”), type or print “N/A,” unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, “How many children do you have” or “How many times have you departed the United States”), type or print “None,” unless otherwise directed.'

3. Correct, i-130 is not yet a 2D barcoded form, combining electronic and printing is therefore acceptable. Drop-down arrow is fine.

4. This will be fine. I don't know about India, but most 'packets' are just e-mails. Check your local forum. The address is fine with that explanation.

5. 61 and 61 does not apply to you. 61 is for ppl in the US currently and 62 is if she wants to interview at an embassy other than that in her home country. - N/A

6. Never send originals as a general rule, unless specifically asked for in instructions. Yes they can be in color. Sure you can send photos and any evidence of marriage you can think of if you like. Double check the "general requirements" section on page 6 of the instructions for what supporting documents are required. If you like to front-load I'm sure there are plenty of examples for it here on VJ. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

Happy Filing! :)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.